Post by PinkPearl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 am

Google is rejecting my feed due to missing delivery information. Indeed this message is displaying on my Google dashboard:

"Items may soon fail to process due to missing Tax and Shipping or invalid Google Product Category values."

Everything is uploading ok, but they are not displaying my items because of this as delivery information is now mandatory. Since the feed all happens behind the scenes in Opencart, can anyone tell me how to fix this please? I use free shipping and I am using version 1.5.1.3 of OpenCart.

I have also noticed that there are no photos on my feed page - I'm sure there used to be and I haven't changed anything.
My feed URL is here http://www.pearlwaterjewellery.co.uk/in ... oogle_base

Any help gratefully received.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:35 am

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:57 am

Enter shipping info in the Taxes & Shipping section of your Google Merchant account

The message you are probably seeing relating to this is pretty much being displayed to all merchants, more so as a warning of things to come, rather than it actually being a failure with you items.

Any error or warning messages related to your items will be displayed at the bottom of the screen after your data feed submission info

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm
Location - United Kindgom

Post by PinkPearl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:23 am

uksitebuilder wrote:Enter shipping info in the Taxes & Shipping section of your Google Merchant account
Thanks Simon, but I can't do this because I have multiple websites in my Google account which have different shipping details.
uksitebuilder wrote:The message you are probably seeing relating to this is pretty much being displayed to all merchants, more so as a warning of things to come, rather than it actually being a failure with you items.
I did actually check before posting that my products are not being displayed despite the apparent warning nature of Google's message.
When I clicked on "view errors" it showed 3:-
Missing delivery information
Missing recommended attribute: google product category
and Missing recommended attribute: brand.

These 3 applied to all my items although it is my belief that only the first one is fatal.

Are you in fact telling me that the automatic OpenCart feed can't handle all of Google's requirements?

Thanks,
Chris.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:35 am

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:53 am

Yes it is the delivery that is causing the failure

Most people use different domains and thus different google accounts for their multi stores

That way shipping can be set up correctly for each store within Google

Your feed would then pass the basic tequirements

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm
Location - United Kindgom

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:54 am

You should check if your products require the Google Product Category (not all product types do)

Brand can be easily fixed by you creating Manufacturers/Brands in OC admin and then assigning them to your products

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm
Location - United Kindgom

Post by PinkPearl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:16 am

uksitebuilder wrote:Yes it is the delivery that is causing the failure

Most people use different domains and thus different google accounts for their multi stores

That way shipping can be set up correctly for each store within Google

Your feed would then pass the basic tequirements
Thanks, I'll change my Google account.
Regards,
Chris

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:35 am

Post by PinkPearl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 am

uksitebuilder wrote:You should check if your products require the Google Product Category (not all product types do)

Brand can be easily fixed by you creating Manufacturers/Brands in OC admin and then assigning them to your products
You're right in that product category is not essential for my goods but Google still gives the "recommended attribute" warning.

I have setup Brands where applicable, and on closer inspection, Google is only showing a warning against 98 products where brand has not been assigned.

Thank you for your help.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:35 am

Post by iSupply3D » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Just want to add that I had this issue with a new Google Merchant account and a new OC 1.5.3 install.
I tried google-base-improved-v1.5b but was still getting "missing delivery information" errors from google.
To fix it I went to Google Merchant, Settings > Tax and Shipping and created a weight based shipping method.
As I am in the UK (ie,outside the USA) I also had to specify a TAX method of "Not charging taxes" - not specifying a tax method still caused the errors.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by mancai » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 am

iSupply3D wrote:Just want to add that I had this issue with a new Google Merchant account and a new OC 1.5.3 install.
I tried google-base-improved-v1.5b but was still getting "missing delivery information" errors from google.
To fix it I went to Google Merchant, Settings > Tax and Shipping and created a weight based shipping method.
As I am in the UK (ie,outside the USA) I also had to specify a TAX method of "Not charging taxes" - not specifying a tax method still caused the errors.
where u get google-base-improved-v1.5b? I still struggling with Missing shipping information & Missing recommended attribute :-[

Nature Baby Apparel Online Store


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Post by iSupply3D » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:00 pm

where u get google-base-improved-v1.5b? I still struggling with Missing shipping information & Missing recommended attribute
from this thread: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=51604

However, it didn't make any difference to my errors - I still had missing delivery information error and Missing recommended attribute: google product category warning
As far as I can tell, only the errors are important and you don't have to worry too much about the warnings.
It seems that the UKSB paid extension is the quickest way to sort this properly

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by mancai » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 pm

iSupply3D wrote:
where u get google-base-improved-v1.5b? I still struggling with Missing shipping information & Missing recommended attribute
from this thread: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=51604

However, it didn't make any difference to my errors - I still had missing delivery information error and Missing recommended attribute: google product category warning
As far as I can tell, only the errors are important and you don't have to worry too much about the warnings.
It seems that the UKSB paid extension is the quickest way to sort this properly
ic, i believe delivery information error can solve by create shipping table at google merchant > general > shipping.
but i really no idea for attribute warning. I opened a thread to ask at this forum also never get reply...
one of the reason i choose this free shopping cart is because of its google base, but after i create more 182 product and submit google feed only encounter this error... now extension also need to pay, there is no different from other paid shopping cart.. :o

Nature Baby Apparel Online Store


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Post by iSupply3D » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 pm

To get rid of the attribute warnings I have downloaded the Google taxonomy excel spreadsheet from here:
http://support.google.com/merchants/bin ... wer=160081
Then picked the category most of my products are under..eg:
Electronics > Print, Copy, Scan & Fax Accessories > Printer Accessories > Printer Consumables
Then I've manually altered the .xml file and added the category to each item, before uploading to google,eg:

Code: Select all

<item>
.
.
.
<g:google_product_category>Electronics > Print, Copy, Scan & Fax Accessories > Printer Accessories > Printer Consumables</g:google_product_category>
</item>
Note that > means > (Greater than symbol)
& mean the & Ampersand symbol

Getting rid of the delivery information errors was, like you say, just a case of editing the settings in Merchant as I previously showed.
I know it's a PITA but hopefully these additional fields will be added to the feed in forthcoming versions of OpenCart ???

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Just a side note

Warnings are simply that, warnings - Your products will still be listed were Google says recommended attributes

Obviously it is better for you if you can supply them, but not essential

Shipping should be added in the Google Merchant account as mentioned above.

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm
Location - United Kindgom

Post by mancai » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:45 pm

iSupply3D wrote:To get rid of the attribute warnings I have downloaded the Google taxonomy excel spreadsheet from here:
http://support.google.com/merchants/bin ... wer=160081
Then picked the category most of my products are under..eg:
Electronics > Print, Copy, Scan & Fax Accessories > Printer Accessories > Printer Consumables
Then I've manually altered the .xml file and added the category to each item, before uploading to google,eg:

Code: Select all

<item>
.
.
.
<g:google_product_category>Electronics > Print, Copy, Scan & Fax Accessories > Printer Accessories > Printer Consumables</g:google_product_category>
</item>
Note that > means > (Greater than symbol)
& mean the & Ampersand symbol

Getting rid of the delivery information errors was, like you say, just a case of editing the settings in Merchant as I previously showed.
I know it's a PITA but hopefully these additional fields will be added to the feed in forthcoming versions of OpenCart ???
manually outer every single item in xml... this is not a good idea..

Nature Baby Apparel Online Store


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Post by iSupply3D » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:01 pm

this is not a good idea
Thanks for the helpful info ::)

Actually I ended up adding a fixed product category into \catalog\controller\feed\google_base_improved.php
eg:

Code: Select all

$item->appendChild($this->_c('g:google_product_category', 'Electronics > Print, Copy, Scan & Fax Accessories > Printer Accessories > Printer Consumables'));
So any new .xml files won't have warnings in the future but will always have the same category.
I need to look into adding a google category field in the DB which can then be edited for each product...

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:29 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests