Post by Dubblicious » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi everyone.
I am selling custom made products and I just requested a exemption from using UPI ( Unique Product Identifiers ) in my Google Merchant Centre feed, but my problem now is that my pricing is based off of product size. I am still trying to figure out Google Merchant Centre, and as far as I can tell they have no solution to my pricing structure based on size and since Opencart does not default to a base price and is set at zero until you select a size option I may not be able to upload my feed to Google Merchant Centre. From what I read at the Google merchant centre, Google also requires you to link to the page with the stated current price, but with Opencart options set at zero I don't see how to make this work.
Any incite to a possible solution is greatly appreciated

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 pm

You are going to struggle with that and will probably need to hire a developer to code it for you so that (a) the feed generates the correct prices for each selection offered and (b) the product page and links to them in the feed dynamically auto select the correct option to match the feed entry when clicked

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Dubblicious » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 am

uksitebuilder wrote:You are going to struggle with that and will probably need to hire a developer to code it for you so that (a) the feed generates the correct prices for each selection offered and (b) the product page and links to them in the feed dynamically auto select the correct option to match the feed entry when clicked
Hi uksitebuilder thanks for replying
So there is no easy way for me to do this unless I hire someone to code it for me? That kinda sucks. Your plugin is not a solution I take it. So there is no way to set the base price in open cart when using options, to lets say the lowest price point in the options instead of 0.00 so I could at minimum set up a feed with the lowest priced products to Google Merchant Centre. At least like that I can generate traffic to that page and then the customer can see the options to choose a larger size if that interests them.

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:32 am

The problem is that Google want to see the price you have published in the feed as soon as you hit the page.

Not by clicking 'this', selecting 'that' and doing a dance with 'the other'

So, you need some way of (a) the landing page choosing the option that relates to the link clicked, and (b) forcing the displayed 'main' price to be the price that matches what is in the feed for that product/option.

Not knowing what you have set-up at the moment for displaying the price, I know Qphoria has an extension called Option Price Redux that auto changes the Main Price based on the option chosen.

You would then need (a) the feed to produce the product variants displaying each correct price and also to pass a variable (probably option id) in the link

Then you would need to mod the product page to detect the variable and auto select the option which shoudl then auto update the main price

Guru Member

Post by Dubblicious » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:09 am

uksitebuilder wrote:The problem is that Google want to see the price you have published in the feed as soon as you hit the page.
I get that , that is what I was talking about before. Can I force Opencart to display the base/lowest price of the product instead of 0.000
For example, instead of the drop box I chose in options to use a check box for the customer to select the different sizes, I did this because it was it was more visible and easier for the customer to see, but instead of none of the check boxes being selected, forcing Opencart to already select the smallest size by default. Would that work ? Can that be done ? If not fine, I am just trying to find a solution that I can do myself instead of bringing in a developer.

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:22 am

I'm sure that can be done with a little jquery function or code edit in the controller

Have you hidden the main default price ?

Guru Member

Post by Dubblicious » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:30 am

uksitebuilder wrote:I'm sure that can be done with a little jquery function or code edit in the controller

Have you hidden the main default price ?
Not knowingly
Here is a link to my store so you can see how it looks http://www.paulkerins.com/store as you can see every image is USD $0.00