Post by promofire » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:57 am

In case anyone needs it, if you're using Google Base Improved you can add Google's new availability requirement by going to catalog-->controller-->feeds, open the Google Base Improved file, and find this line:

Code: Select all

$item->appendChild($this->_c('g:quantity', $p['quantity']));
after it, add:

Code: Select all

$item->appendChild($this->_c('g:availability', $p['stock']));
Hope that helps someone. It works as long as the only stock statuses you use are In Stock and Out of Stock.

Post by iidx036 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks for this!

I know Google had changed the feed spec requirements and I had 1500+ products drop out this morning. Make the change in the post and voila!

All sorted.

Thanks again.

Post by Zerberos2011 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:23 am

@Promofire

Thanks! This helped me out as well! Much appreciated.

Do you also have an advice how to solve the Google Product Category?

Thanks in advance!

/Z

Post by spiritadventures » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Many thanks for this...you have rescued me from a headache on A Sunday. ;)

Post by zelda » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi,
I just installed Google Base Improved to my store v.1.4.9.5 . I installed, that went well but when I try to enable it and save it reverts back to disabled. You help is needed.
Thank you

Post by promofire » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Zelda, I'm not sure what would be causing the problem. To be honest it's above my pay grade but the person who created Google Base Improved should be able to help.

As for Google's product categories, I've thought about it but I'm just not sure how to make that work or even if you can without going through every product and inserting them by hand. Since at this point Google says it won't suspend you for lacking those, I'm not worrying about it. Now if anyone else figures out a less harsh way of handling it, I'm all ears.