Post by valkyrn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello!

This will be my first time posting here so would like to say how good opencart is. But i have come across a problem with google base product feed.

I currently have 1781 products within my site: www.tandtworld.co.uk but when i view the following:

http://www.tandtworld.co.uk/index.php?r ... oogle_base

I only have very few products within the feed. And when i have viewed it within Internet Explorer i get an error message: Whitespace is not allowed at this location. I have searched the forums and i got the feeling that it maybe could be characters that could be causing this issue? But i have checked my titles and descriptions and i dont think there is anything out of the ordinary.

Would anyone be so kind to point me in the right direction please as within google now i only get the following:

"datafeed.txt Daily 39 of 40 items inserted (View warnings)"

When i know there should be quite a lot more items to show!

Thanks in advance

Suppliers of Varilight Sockets & Switches

http://www.tandtworld.co.uk - Powered by Opencart

Post by PinkPearl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 am

Hi Valkyrn, did you solve this as I have a similar problem? I don't know where I can view the actual file do you?
Thanks.

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:18 am

I get a totally blank page with no error which usually means there is a php error

Please check your admin System Error Log to see if it details any errors

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by PinkPearl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:35 am

uksitebuilder wrote:I get a totally blank page with no error which usually means there is a php error

Please check your admin System Error Log to see if it details any errors
Hi Simon, I think I may have solved most of the problem - some of the product titles had ampersands in them and Google doesn't like this. All but one of my products has now uploaded (I can live with this).

However, Google now requires an "availability" attribute and the Google feed status report tells me that this attribute is missing on every product. So it is unlikely that my items will display in Google's shopping results. Do you know where the feed picks this attribute up from?

Thank you so much for your help.

Guru Member

Post by PinkPearl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:14 am

Thank you for the link. I hadn't been able to find anything when I searched for this. I seem to have solved it now. There are still some recommended attributes missing and I think Google penalises you for this but what they don't seem to realise is that not all product types fit neatly into their recommended attributes!!! google can be very irritating!
Regards,
Chris.

Post by badboybackagain » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:37 pm

i am successfully able to upload my products to google base. However, I am facing another issue. The default currency of my store is Indian Rupees. All my products are having prices in INR, while the google base is showing the same prices with just the symbol replaced to $, which means if my product is 100 INR, it is shown as 100$ which is vague. Please help.

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:28 pm

You need to install a currency that Google allows

Guru Member

Post by badboybackagain » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:23 pm

thanks uksitebuilder for replying...well i already have USD as a currency in my opencart website....however my store is having INR as default...what else i need to do???

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 pm

try appending the following to the feed URL

&language=en&currency=USD

so your feed URL will look like:

Code: Select all

http://www.yourstore.com/index.php?route=feed/google_base&language=en&currency=USD

Guru Member

Post by mateen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:19 pm

i have my store with default currency as INR but in googlebase.xml it is showing as INR with value of USD.
e.g price of product is 350 inr but in googlebase.xml it is showing 5.67 INR.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:29 am

INR is not supported yet in OpenCart as a currency for Google Base as it is fairly new for Google.

You will need an extension that supports India Google Shopping.

Guru Member