Post by sufiz123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:28 am

Hi guys,

Firstly I am very very grateful to open cart for providing such a wonderful cart system.

Lately i am facing an error which is driving me crazy. I downloaded the import export module. Now when I try to export it works fine but When I try to import a file it gives an error Notice: iconv_substr() [function.iconv-substr]: Unknown error (0) in D:\Webserver\mydomain.com\www\system\PHPExcel\Classes\PHPExcel\Shared\String.php on line 306.

I have just two products now in the excel sheet. I am working on the one which I had exported earlier. I made no changes to the table. Please help me solve this issue. Thanks a lot for helping.

Expert Member

Post by sufiz123 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:24 am

Hi JNeuhoff,

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to check if there any other way or anything that I can do in order to get it working ? Or contacting the webhost is the only way out. Thanks again

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:24 am

sufiz123 wrote:Hi JNeuhoff,

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to check if there any other way or anything that I can do in order to get it working ? Or contacting the webhost is the only way out. Thanks again
The only other issue I can think of is the usage of newer versions of OpenOffice Calc which may result in XLS files which the PHP Excel Reader, used by the Export/Import tool, can't read properly. The latest version of the Export/Import tool now uses PHPExcel for the Import which doesn't have the issues with OpenOffice during an import. The latest version is at the moment only available from my website, will upload it eventually to OpenCart extensions,too.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by sufiz123 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi JNeuhoff,

I am actually using Microsoft office 2007 in order to work on the excel sheets. I am not using Open Office. Is that a problem ? Thanks