Post by ryanb4614 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello. I have been working on my website for a month. I am finally finishing up. When I upload the Categories everything upload except sub/subcategories example:

Fish Supplies
|_>Bulbs
|_>|_>LED

The Bulbs upload perfectly. The LED upload but is not showing in the store front and in admin. When adding a product through admin LED is not an option for the category placement. LED will show after I add a product through admin, example add the product in "Fish Supplies--> Bulbs" then on the next screen it show the category map and it then shows Fish Supplies->Bulbs->LED... But if I login to and go to admin->categories it is not showing werrid? So I have to add a product to a subcategory in order to get the subsubcategory to show. But I still cannot get it to add when creating a product, its not there to select.
As for the store front, it just doesn't show at all.

Anyone else have this issue? Any fixes? Fish supplies has 34 categories.

Update: Made a sample category "Dog Supplies"->Bowls->Ceramic (removed all other categories including fish supplies) when I upload not this will show in admin, and ceramic is an option for the product adding. But when I go to the storefront I click "Dog Supplies" then "Bowls" Ceramic still doesn't appear. (Category Id's need to match the manufacture's so it is easier to upload)

Attachments

Sample of Categories

Post by ryanb4614 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:16 am

tracked down the issue. Its actually if I have seo_keyword set, it is causing this issue. If I remove the seo_keyword in the import file everything is working 100%. Does anyone have a fix for this seo bug for sub categories?

Post by peteVA » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:21 pm

There are a couple of Import/Export packages available. It might be a good idea to specify which one you are using.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!