Post by calm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

justinv wrote:This can be done if your images are already on some server online.

Here is the thread, the third comment in is the method that I use: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23708
Excuse me, after using the tweak, where can I add external link for images?

Post by justinv » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 am

Excuse me??? haha interesting way of starting a post...

There are a number of ways you could enter the url:

You can upload it using my CSV Import PRO module.
You can enter it direct into the database.
You could modify the product_list.tpl page in admin to allow the inputting of it as a field rather than the file upload field that exists currently.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by Lyle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Justin I Bought your Pro version to upload my 2500 odd products using a CSV file and it work great well worth it. But I want to know if their is a tab or button I can set to allow all of those products to have my tax class turned on. Doing it manually for all the products will be a killer or am I missing something.

Thnaks in advance

Lyle

Location - Queensland Australia

Post by justinv » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 am

Cool, responded to your PM and to your email. The latest version of CSV Import PRO provides the ability to set the tax class across the board.

Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by sanjananb » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:36 pm

hello...
i saw the video of installing csv pro mod....i like to buy it...but i want to import from doba.com products to my opencart store.i can download my doba product list as CSV format.But those csv files are too complicated than in your youtube tutorial's csv file....will this mod work with doba.com product list??????
i have attached a sample doba.com csv file...

Attachments

sample doba.com csv product list in zip format

Post by codex » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:48 am

justinv wrote:Excuse me??? haha interesting way of starting a post...

There are a number of ways you could enter the url:

You can upload it using my CSV Import PRO module.
You can enter it direct into the database.
You could modify the product_list.tpl page in admin to allow the inputting of it as a field rather than the file upload field that exists currently.

I am looking for importing external product images via csv file.How can I do it.

Post by justinv » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 am

I have a range of solutions for this, Total Import PRO, CSV Import PRO with Image Fetcher script, all available on http://opencart.hostjars.com

Post by codex » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:43 pm

justinv wrote:I have a range of solutions for this, Total Import PRO, CSV Import PRO with Image Fetcher script, all available on http://opencart.hostjars.com

I am looking for free mods,not paid mods.Do you have any free mods.

Post by justinv » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:21 pm

No, sorry. This is actually two requests, one is for a csv import, the other is for fetching remote images. Each alone is a worthy task. Good luck, I hope you find a good solution.

Post by jmatson » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 am

has anyone had success in importing through the SQL database?

we shouldn't have to buy anything if we can figure out how to import into the SQL.

my new products show in the DB. but not on the site also

Post by justinv » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:16 am

Have you seen the free import/export tool? If you have a look in the extension store there is a free solution for small product ranges. Also Raw CSV Import/Export which allows you to drop out and reimport DBs.

Post by jmatson » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:56 am

yes i installed it but can't find anywhere how to use it

Post by slappytheking » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:35 am

Justinv...

I have a store that is choking with this very common issue (Import/Export Tool)

"The file you are trying to open "filename.xls" is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file".

I tried the different fixes....null out the time limit, open in older XL, etc....and everything is screwed up. Any thoughts?

I will take a look at your extension as I'm not a programmer or someone who feels comfy going into code.

Does your OC extension for Import/Export support SEO and all that good stuff?? I just want something easy peasy....no running around with tweaking code....

Thanks

Matt

Post by justinv » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:16 am

Hi Matt,

Sure does, I'd say that "making it easy" is the key benefit of CSV Import PRO and Total Import PRO. Check them out at http://demo.hostjars.com/admin.

Post by Rajat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Query

Currently using the free version of import/export in opencart, i can upload a single xsl file and if I upload multiple ones, the previous one gets overwritten by the new one.
Will CSV import Pro help me to solve this problem.
Please let me know I am fine with buying it.

Thanks,
Rajat

Post by justinv » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:59 am

Yes, the CSV Import PRO allows you to add new products or update existing products or both.

Post by designeroptics.net » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 am

Hi I'm new to opencart but not to ecommerce.

Now there is something I need for importing products but here is my question. What about options?

Let's say I sell a glasses that comes in 2 sizes and 5 colors. Now each size for each color has a unique UPC code and need to be submitted to google as sapereted products. But when they are in display on my website I want them to be 1 product with an option to choose color and size. Now how do I do that in opencart? And will it work with cvs import pro?

Oh and before I forget I need to be able to set which colors has what size. For example if green comes only in size 2 he shouldn't be able to choose size 1 for green.

Again it's really 10 products but I want to show them on the website as one.

Why I need it
1) simple inventory tracking
2) submitting my products to search engines

Thanks guys
A Ekstein

Post by toyromance » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:06 pm

I wonder if there's any way to add addition product images quickly. For example, 10 more images will be done within 3 or 5 clicks.

http://www.sextoytrc.com