Post by sandari » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 am

I have a supplier .csv file which uses Category, Subcategory, Subsubcategory to sort their products.
How does CSV Import Pro handle that?
The full list of fields is:
Category
subcategory
subsubcategory
part_no
product_name
product_description
quantity_1
price_ex_gst_1
price_inc_gst_1
quantity_2
price_ex_gst_2
price_inc_gst_2
quantity_3
price_ex_gst_3
price_inc_gst_3
unit
box_height
box_width
box_length
box_volume
weight
warranty
product_url
vendor
rrp
stock
stock_qty
images
product_id
eta_date

I'm a bit new to this area and would appreciate any help you can give with this and also with setting up product feeds in OpenCart.

Post by justinv » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi,

it currently handles two levels of category - category and one subcategory. However I can modify it for your needs in this simple way to allow a third category deep.

Your supplier's product feed looks very good. Some fields will be unnecessary - you can configure OpenCart to take care of GST for you for instance - but it's better to have too much than too little info!

I'll send you a private message with my email address. Feel free to email me if you'd like to discuss my module further.

Thanks,
Justin

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by justinv » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:20 pm

CSV Import PRO now handles unlimited levels of subcategories.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by fishthetiger » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Can anyone give me a brief description how they successfully create a feed or csv file with all relevant info to add products to their store, so they can use the Import Pro extension from Justinv?

It might sound like a stupid question but ive used all sorts of methods and can get the database modify but, I still can't get the products to show in my store. I really need to verify that I am doing things correctly so I can rule out any other possible problems.

Many thanks

Darren