Post by smutnak » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 am

Hello, I have problem with export XLS with this tool. When I exported file, no sheets with categories, products, ....
But only one with some unknown characters. No format. Any Idea?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location - Czech Republic

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 am

No more details:

Opencart version? What version of Export/Import? With what products? Any messages in your error_log or opencart's system/logs/error.txt ?

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by WhiteBirch » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:50 am

Yeah versions would be helpful, and make sure you followed the installation instructions correctly.

WhiteBirch - Premium OpenCart Templates on ThemeForest
Skylight - Our first OpenCart 1.4.9.1 template!
Darkwood - Stylish new OpenCart 1.4.9.1 template!


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:06 pm
Location - UK

Post by smutnak » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 am

Sorry. Opencart version 1.4.9.1 and Import/Export for this verison.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... sion_id=17
In error log nothing, becasuse export was successful, but unreadable, or the wrong format.

A week ago, the export function. Thanks to this trade filled. Several times he made a new import and export. Since then, the only edited through the administration. Suddenly it is not.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location - Czech Republic

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:04 pm

smutnak wrote:Sorry. Opencart version 1.4.9.1 and Import/Export for this verison.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... sion_id=17
In error log nothing, becasuse export was successful, but unreadable, or the wrong format.

A week ago, the export function. Thanks to this trade filled. Several times he made a new import and export. Since then, the only edited through the administration. Suddenly it is not.
Send me a PM with a zipped backup copy of your DB, and I can try it out on my local test server. I need to be able to replicate this error in order to fix it.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by smutnak » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:20 pm

I have found what is problem. Problem is in settings in /admin/language/english/english.php where is

$_['date_format_short'] = 'd/m/Y';

but i changed to

$_['date_format_short'] = 'd.m.Y';

And after this change export returns incorrect xls file.

The question is what the change in exports did not matter to another date format.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location - Czech Republic

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:49 pm

The export doesn't use the setting from the admin/english.php file for the date_format_short. It reads it directly from the MySQL database where the field type always is datetime or date, using the format 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss' or 'yyyy-mm-dd'. The same format is used in text fields in the exported XLS file.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests