Post by rog_ashbury » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:20 pm

No, IE loved it

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:52 pm

very strange, in that case, does google base tell you the character number, or just the line number of the error?

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by rog_ashbury » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 am

No , it just doesn't include the product in the feed and then prints

Some of the characters in your items seem to be invalid. Please verify that all the characters in your feed are valid for your selected encoding.
Examples: Examples:
Item Nr. Line No. Value
368 5,786 • Category: 3-Phase Bulk/Commercial• Shred Type: N/A (see below)• Shred Size: See below• Security Level: DIN 2 - 6 Variable• Sheets A4 70gsm: 500• DIMS (mm): 2100Hx800Wx2120D• Feed Width (mm): 325x220• Bin Capacity (litres): 400• Staples: Yes• Paper Clips: Yes• Credit Cards: Yes• CDs: Yes• Floppy Disks: Yes• DAT Tapes: Yes• Weight (Kg): 220• Warranty: Machine 1 Yr, Cutters 1 YrRobust plastic and metal cabinet mobile on castors • Shreds most materials including cardboard • Large shred compartment with door on rear of machine • Uses disposable shred bags • Mobile pull-out bag trolley • Large feed opening with door • Powerful 3-phase motor with thermal protection • No oiling necessary • Rated for continuous operation • Security level adjustable (DIN 2 - 6) in a few minutes dependent on nature of material being shredded • Unique turbine vacuum design that is both clean and quiet in operation • Control panel with push-buttons • Very durable cutting blades resistant to soft metal objects • Safety lock and key • Main switch and emergency cut-off switch • Throw and Shred - stops automatically when shredding complete • Auto-stop if shred bag is full • Electronic door protection • Requires 3-Phase Electrical SupplyThe Kobra Cyclone shreds using a high speed rotating blade system. The size of the shreds produced by the system can be adjusted by the operator in a range equivalent to security levels DIN 2 - DIN 6. At all levels the operator can deposit up to 500 sheets of A4 paper at a time in the feed hopper. At the DIN 2 level the throughput is at the rate of 420kg/hr of paper, equivalent to 45000 credit cards/hr or 700 floppy disks/hr. As the security level increases so the throughput drops, as follows. DIN 2 - 420kg/hr, DIN 3 - 320kg/hr, DIN 4 - 230kg/hr, DIN 5 - 120 kg/hr, DIN 6 - 80kg/hr.Shredders-UK has been appointed by Elcoman as an Approved Cyclone Dealer. All Cyclone customers are now required by Elcoman to receive installation and on-site training. This will be at additional cost which is dependent on delivery location and a figure for this will be provided at order time. Delivery is subject to adequate vehicular access to a ground floor location and may require completion of a Site Survey Form.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT VIDEO AND BROCHURE

The description is fine, goes though IE OK but Google just doesn't like it for some reason

This omits all the formatting of course - line feeds, paras

Post by fross » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:41 pm

We are getting this error message on the googlebase feed. http://www.geiwideformat.com/store/rss.php Any input would be appreciated.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/geiwi0/public_html/store/rss.php:1) in /home/geiwi0/public_html/store/system/library/session.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/geiwi0/public_html/store/rss.php:1) in /home/geiwi0/public_html/store/system/library/session.php on line 11

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/geiwi0/public_html/store/rss.php:1) in /home/geiwi0/public_html/store/rss.php on line 363

Thank you for your input!

Frank

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:53 pm

The problem will be that there will be some kind of output towards the top of the file. Make sure there is NOTHING before the <?php not even a space or a new line

Guru Member

Post by peecha85 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:21 pm

I used Google Base Improved for 1.4.7. and this is what I got: Fatal error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /www/htdocs/cidonija/catalog/controller/feed/google_base_improved.php on line 25

http://cidonija.lv/index.php?route=feed ... e_improved

what could be the problem?

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:11 pm

You need to install the DOMDocument extension. Contact your hosting, and they should install it for you

Guru Member

Post by Johnathan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Maansy wrote: Too many attribute values for attribute: product type (15 errors)
I kept running into this problem on my store, and handled it by limiting the categories for every item to 10. However, (after having it happen again today) I finally decided that my OpenCart store categories shouldn't be controlled by Google. They already have enough control. :D

Here's how I handled it. Jay, you might want to put this in your version, so that people won't ever get this error. It just limits the categories to the first 10 it finds:

AFTER:

Code: Select all

$categories = $this->model_catalog_product->getCategories($p['product_id']); 
ADD:

Code: Select all

array_splice($categories, 10); 
I haven't actually given Google time to process the feed with the new code, but it's a simple enough edit that I don't see it breaking anything.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Hey Jonathan

Thanks for that, I might actually make it a feature where you can set the number of categories to use, with 0 being unlimited, so that people can choose the number they want

Jay

Guru Member

Post by Johnathan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 am

That's a better solution, for sure.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator