Post by UKEZ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:46 pm

I've been given a couple of URL addresses by my supplier which contain XML and CSV files that list all of there product names, manufacturers, description, categories, seo, part codes and images.

Can anyone tell me of any extensions which will enable me to use the CSV or XML links provided by my supplier, to import all of their products listed on there CSV or XML links.

I'm using Opencart (Version 1.5.6)

Will any extension out there ultimately save me the time of having to manually input the products individually?

I also have numerous other XML and CSV links from my supplier which monitor stock levels and promotions in real time. Again, does anyone know of any extensions that can manage all of the above?

Post by UKEZ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Any advice welcomed... ;)

Post by bleggee » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Hello UKEZ - Try going to www.opencart.com, click "Extensions" at the top, then in the Left Margin, search for "Import". You'll find about 100 diff options.

Post by UKEZ » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:19 pm

bleggee wrote:Hello UKEZ - Try going to http://www.opencart.com, click "Extensions" at the top, then in the Left Margin, search for "Import". You'll find about 100 diff options.
Hiya buddy..

I've been going through 101 different options lol on the extension section on open cart already and can't really see one that clearly states it can do what I need.

I've been looking for the last couple of weeks..

The main problem with open carts developers extension shop in my opinion is that, the comment section for the extensions doesn't really tally up with the open cart version and the plugin version.

For example:

Some people could be commenting on the result or issue of a particular version of opencart software version vs an extension version, which may work fine or may even potentially destroy your site.

It makes you wonder why open cart doesn't have a comment section per software release version, which could drastically help allot of people decide on what's the best and safest solution for them.

How hard would it be for them to implement a comment section like this?

I.e:
opencart 1.5.5 and extension version 1.x.1 - known bugs - comments
opencart 1.5.6 and extension version 1.x.2 - known bugs - comments

Rather than jumbling all software version issues and results comments amongst one another..

It's not very helpful, especially not to a noob like me lol

With the current system I feel like I'm playing Russian roulette with my money, because their are no clear comments suggesting that if I install x on x I will be highly likely to see the result I'm looking for...lol

Yeah the developer suggests for open cart version 1.5.x use extension version x but allot of the time they can make mistakes and cause you problems as they over looked certain bugs. It would be nice to see actual users comments and recommendations per software release.