Post by Other Chris Evans » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 am

Hi there, is there anything in the pipeline for the Royal Mail price increase April 2013. It's all changed now with package sizes etc and I need to get my site updated.

Post by TheMasterBrewer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Plus one for this - the extra size options that they have introduced have further complicated the issue of calculating postage accurately. Anyone working on a solution?

Post by niroc » Fri May 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Plus two. I need something that will work out whether the order goes as a large letter or small parcel.

Post by stokeyblokey » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Formula based shipping by Jonathan can manage all this guys, takes a bit of setting up but it works for us :)

Stokey

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks for the vote. Formula-Based Shipping is available here:

• OpenCartX: http://www.opencartx.com/formula-based-shipping
• opencart.com: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6762

Also, if you know the rate increase amounts and just want to adjust the shipping method that way, Hidden Shipping Adjustments might work for you. It may not be a good solution if they're introducing new size options, but it should work fine for ones already present in the Royal Mail method.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by niroc » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:16 am

I concur. Formula based shipping handles Royal Mail weight/size/volume, Large Letter, Small/Medium/Large Parcel etc with ease. It does take some setting up and as the examples provided didn't address my specific issue I needed support from Johnathan to do this, but buying the extension has turned out to be money very well spent.