Post by ristretto6 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:01 am

I'm having a different problem with the USPS module. Whereas First Class Mail does show up for me as an option, if the cart is 13 oz. or less, whenever it is MORE than 13 oz. (most of the time), this error message appears where the USPS options should be at checkout:

"RECTANGULAR is an invalid container type for a REGULAR package and ALL service."

I have temporarily uninstalled the UPS module, since it seemed from this thread that that was causing problems, but this is still happening, even though USPS, Free Shipping, and In-Store Pickup are the only shipping modules I currently have installed.

This means that customers can't check out of my shop currently with anything over 13 oz., and are not given a Priority Mail option, even if they want to use it for a lightweight order (and yes, I do have Priority Mail checked from within the USPS module).

Please help!
Last edited by ristretto6 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:08 pm

ristretto6 wrote:I'm having a different problem with the USPS module. Whereas First Class Mail does show up for me as an option, if the cart is 13 oz. or less, whenever it is MORE than 13 oz. (most of the time), this error message appears where the USPS options should be at checkout:

"RECTANGULAR is an invalid container type for a REGULAR package and ALL service."
The UPS issue has a fix shown in this thread and in the main bug thread. That wouldn't cause this. I actually added some code to prevent this I thought.. but maybe not. Anyway, the error is clear. USPS doesn't like Regular packages to be marked as "Rectangular" which is ridiculously stupid. So just change the box setting to "Variable" in the configuration and that will resolve it

Administrator

Post by ristretto6 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:53 am

Oh jeez, that is ridiculous, but a relievingly simple fix!

Thank you :D

Post by average_joe » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:33 am

I do not know if this is the correct place to put this, but it has to do with the checkout section step 4 Delivery Method.

The prices for shipping appears now. However, when I click continue to go to payment method, it does not continue.

I check the error log and i get this..
"PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ..../catalog/controller/checkout/shipping.php on line 31"

I check that file and it just has this, starting with line 31..

Code: Select all

if (!isset($this->session->data['shipping_methods'][$shipping[0]]['quote'][$shipping[1]])) [
$json['error']['warning'] = $this->language->get('error_shipping');
					}
What is it i'm supposed to do?
thank you

Post by toejamm10 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:50 am

I'm in the same boat as pursejewelry but I'm running 1.4.9.6 and made sure I copied all the files and the only shipping I have installed are Free Shipping and USPS, everything else is Uninstalled. I have changed these settings to try each one, Size = Regualar & Large, Container = 5 x 5 x 5, Machinable Yes & No, Girth = 50, Weight Class = Pound, Geo Zone = All Zones, Sort Order = 1 ... no dice no First Class ...

The only Domestic Services checked are:
First-Class Package
Priority Mail <-- this works
Express Mail <-- this works

International Services:
Express <-- this works
Priority <-- this works

No errors in the log files ... Shall I try anything else?

Post by cptnrsk » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi,
Im new to opencart but have managed pretty well. Great opensource project! However, I am having difficulty getting usps setup.

I have read the forum and have webtools setup however I do not see a place to put a password on the shipping extension within opencart.

Im getting the authorization error when testing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 am

You dont need your password for usps hence the reason it isn't there
If you are getting authorization errors then your user id is wrong. Keep in mind that this isn't your Click-n-ship login and that initially you are likely on the "Test" server until you contact usps and ask them to switch to you to the live server

Administrator

Post by Xalops » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Hi,

I am on OpenCart v1.5.5.1 and I am trying to get USPS Shipping to work. The issue is that whenever I am in the user cart screen and try to get a quote for shipping, the loading animation is displayed but then nothing beyond that is displayed, though the correct information is being pulled according to the shipping log.

Any help to resolving this issue would be appreciated.

-Xalops

Post by OC is_gt Magento » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:13 am

Here's how I fixed it:

Look for this array ($firstclasses) in - /cart2/catalog/model/shipping/usps.php - and make it look like below

Code: Select all

$firstclasses = array (
						'First-Class Mail&#174; Parcel',
						'First-Class Mail&#174; Large Envelope',
						'First-Class Mail&#174; Letter',
						'First-Class Mail&#174; Postcards'
					);

Post by zeroevil » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:30 pm

hello I've looking around in forums since I have a odd issue with USPS shipping figured i'd ask here. well I was trying to use 1.5.6.1 but i've had too many issues with getting some of my 1.5.5.1 stuff to work so figured it was best to keep my store in 1.5.5.1. However i did upgrade to 1.5.5.1 CE to have the most updated hot-fixes for 1.5.5.1. However I've been out of the loop for the USPS recent API update. Now i am having issues with USPS, I am able to get domestic services to work but I am having issues with international services. If anyone has any updated information on what files & code needs to be updated to work with the new API, please let me know. I thank you kindly :)

I recently moved to the island formally owned by Dr. Moreau and currently live there lost in a ocean of computer code with my cat Nigel... help us!!!

Post by zeroevil » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:50 am

I found doing the reverse of what was suggested here worked for me. Here is the following setup i did in 1.5.5.1 CE RC1 to help get my issue resolved.

Size: regular
Container: rectangular
Machinable: yes
Dimensions (L x W x H) = 7 x 7 x 7

International Services:

Priority Mail International
Global Express Guaranteed (Document and Non-document)

This setup is giving me international services now. so hoping this will correct the issue for now. although I've noticed some more changes happening such as my domestic First-Class Parcel Post worked on Sept 11 with the recommended setup in this forum post but now it does not with the recommended setup and the setup I found that worked for international. I have to use Priority Mail as a domestic option for shipping.. now i notice i am getting Priority Mail 1-Day as a displayed option and it should be Priority Mail 2-3 day service. so I'm confused on that.

I recently moved to the island formally owned by Dr. Moreau and currently live there lost in a ocean of computer code with my cat Nigel... help us!!!

Post by JeffroDH » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:43 pm

zeroevil wrote:I found doing the reverse of what was suggested here worked for me. Here is the following setup i did in 1.5.5.1 CE RC1 to help get my issue resolved.

Size: regular
Container: rectangular
Machinable: yes
Dimensions (L x W x H) = 7 x 7 x 7

International Services:

Priority Mail International
Global Express Guaranteed (Document and Non-document)

This setup is giving me international services now. so hoping this will correct the issue for now. although I've noticed some more changes happening such as my domestic First-Class Parcel Post worked on Sept 11 with the recommended setup in this forum post but now it does not with the recommended setup and the setup I found that worked for international. I have to use Priority Mail as a domestic option for shipping.. now i notice i am getting Priority Mail 1-Day as a displayed option and it should be Priority Mail 2-3 day service. so I'm confused on that.
There are several things going on here: USPS stopped allowing Parcel Post to zones 1-4, so that may explain why you're seeing issues there. The delivery estimates they return are also wrong... If you have Priority Express checked, it will at times show 2-day, when it will in fact be delivered in 1 day.