Post by kurakurd » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi
there is a local shipping company in my country that they are shipping my product to customer but how to setup shipping module for that company is there any module for that ? is there any module when customer buy item directly send Email to the company tell about customer name his/her address and the item store location (for example if some item is from location-1 is sell , email that sent to delivery company to pick up the item from location-1 to customer address ....

Thanks

Post by Avvici » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 am

You don't want to use email for this company. You want to use something more reliable such as xml. It is easy to insert some XML in your order.php model file that collects basic order information, writes it to XML and stores the xml file in a folder on the server. The shipping company will then be able to download this file and read it with their software or just basic notepad. This is what I do with my shipping company. They have access to FTP folder.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by kurakurd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:16 am

can this order information be send by email to specific email ? shipping company can get info just by email :(

Post by Avvici » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Well sure it can. You just add their email address to the mail procedure. But like I said email is not reliable 100% of the time so you need to use a more hard wired procedure such as ftp

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC