Post by tophat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:22 am

Very similar to say amazon, ebuyer, play.com or many other ecommerce sites I want to allow the customer to select their shipping option from say 4 options given today's date is 14/01/2012

next day - £10 (15 Jan 2012)
2 - 3 days - £7 (16 Jan - 17 Jan)
4 - 5 days - £5 (18 Jan - 19 Jan)
7 days - £3 (20 Jan)

I can't seem to find any solution or extension to fit this bill. Incredibly suprised it's not more commonly used as it is by far the most common way of paying for shipping online. Would need to edit the parameters but it doesn't appear it would be that difficult to implement.

Ideally.... the option selected, would want to reflect the dates in realtime. This delivery date would then be visible on orders, invoices, emailed to customer etc... It's very important that the customer is aware of when their item is due for delivery in order minimise wasting customer/company time with regards to when goods will be delivered.

I would be happy to pay for such an extension as it's integral to what I'm selling given that all items despatched cost the same for shipping and therefore wish to offer the user to pay a premium to have it delivered quickly. (an easy way to make more money).

Thanks.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:17 am

UPS is what amazon uses and that works the same in opencart with live rates
USPS also does it live
FedEx also does it live
Zone based shipping can do it if you name them that way based on table rates
Weight based shipping can do it if you name them that way based on table rates

Almost all of the multi-rate shipping extensions can do it.

Administrator

Post by tophat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:30 am

Qphoria wrote:UPS is what amazon uses and that works the same in opencart with live rates
USPS also does it live
FedEx also does it live
Zone based shipping can do it if you name them that way based on table rates
Weight based shipping can do it if you name them that way based on table rates

Almost all of the multi-rate shipping extensions can do it.
wow. thanks for your quck and detailed reply. I will look further into it as suggested and hopefully find the necessary solution.

cheers.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by tophat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:48 am

Hi Qphoria,

Unfortunately I can't be using any standard delivery services as our company doesn't use them.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the other ways and I now see now how to use "geo zones" to set the desired amounts. Is there anyway that these options can be linked and tied into dates? and then shown on the invoice/order?

I really need to set it up so "7 days" shipping for example gives a fixed date which would be in 7 days time. People will get confused otherwise and is best its clear.

cheers for any help.