Post by TheLegendsLondon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 am

Hi, my main shipment option domestic and international is with Royal Mail, however it seems that charges that have been set up in Open Cart are not correct, are actually lower that they should be. For example Second Class Recorded Post (Weight: 0.36kg)in Open Cart is £2.69 but actually it should be £2.93 (based on Royal Mail actual charges-http://www2.royalmail.com/delivery/busi ... ned/prices). With some international shipments this difference is even bigger.
How I can amend it? Is there any way that I can amend the rates myself?
Regards

Post by freshbreeze » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:34 am

Yes, the rates can be changed in the file:

catalog/model/shipping/royal_mail.php

I think I did see a post with the current rates if you have a search on the forum. Royal Mail increase their prices every April so you'll need to keep an eye on them as the cost of anything over 2 kilo is getting astronomical these days....you'd think they of all people could manage better with their network and the increase in internet sales but they still claim they get less volume of mail due to technology. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 am

ImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by TheLegendsLondon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:52 am

Hi, thank you for an answer to my question however in my catalog file there is no model option, instead I have such as: categories, products, manufacturers, downloads, reviews, information. None of them is giving me an option to amend royal mail rates :(

I will be very grateful for some help. rehards

freshbreeze wrote:Yes, the rates can be changed in the file:

catalog/model/shipping/royal_mail.php

I think I did see a post with the current rates if you have a search on the forum. Royal Mail increase their prices every April so you'll need to keep an eye on them as the cost of anything over 2 kilo is getting astronomical these days....you'd think they of all people could manage better with their network and the increase in internet sales but they still claim they get less volume of mail due to technology. I dunno.

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:30 am

freshbreeze was talking about the actual files, not the admin section.

ImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom