Post by ZeroContent » Wed May 25, 2011 12:55 am

I'm using the USPS Module that's included with OpenCart and I've upgraded to Patch v4, if my cart weight is above 13oz and below 16oz I get no shipping options at all? I would like to have Priority Available from 0-16oz but it doesn't show under 16oz just 16oz or above and first class stops showing at 13 like it's supposed to.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Eric

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 25, 2011 1:35 am

This should not be. The code simply looks at the weight being 13oz or less for firstclass options
13.1 or more is passed into USPS and rated the same as 16oz and should give priority rates.
I've tested and confirmed this on 1.4.9.5

Administrator

Post by ZeroContent » Wed May 25, 2011 1:39 am

Bah, not it's 1.4.9.4

I'll upgrade it tonight and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 25, 2011 1:45 am

The only difference in the V4 and 1.4.9.5 version is that I removed the option I added initially to allow "ounce" as the weight class. It has to be pounds for the calculation to work correctly.

Administrator

Post by ZeroContent » Wed May 25, 2011 4:00 am

Ok, so i have to convert all my weights to pounds? It's giving the right postage amount. And now it is working above 13oz but at exact 13 it gives no options and under 13 it doesn't give priority as an option.

Post by ZeroContent » Wed May 25, 2011 6:22 am

Kind of a half baked way to do what I need to. I setup First Class through Weight Base Shipping so I could add in a base rate and then commented out the code that checks the weight between 0 and 13oz.

Found:

Code: Select all

if ($pounds == 0 && $ounces <= 13 && $this->config->get('usps_firstclass_type')) {
					$xml .=	'		<Service>FIRST CLASS</Service>';
					$xml .=	'		<FirstClassMailType>' . $this->config->get('usps_firstclass_type') . '</FirstClassMailType>';
				} else {
					$xml .=	'		<Service>ALL</Service>';
				}
and commented all except this.

This gets me priority from 0oz and up.

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am

ZeroContent wrote:Ok, so i have to convert all my weights to pounds? It's giving the right postage amount. And now it is working above 13oz but at exact 13 it gives no options and under 13 it doesn't give priority as an option.
No you dont convert your product weights to pounds. Products can be any weight class you want. Just be sure to set "pounds" in the usps configuration where it says "Set to Pounds or Ounces". I was adding ounces as an option but the calculation only works with pounds so it should only be pounds

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 25, 2011 9:10 am

ZeroContent wrote:Kind of a half baked way to do what I need to. I setup First Class through Weight Base Shipping so I could add in a base rate and then commented out the code that checks the weight between 0 and 13oz.

Found:

if ($pounds == 0 && $ounces <= 13 && $this->config->get('usps_firstclass_type')) {
					$xml .=	'		<Service>FIRST CLASS</Service>';
					$xml .=	'		<FirstClassMailType>' . $this->config->get('usps_firstclass_type') . '</FirstClassMailType>';
				} else {
				}
and commented all except this.

This gets me priority from 0oz and up.
Why do you insist on reinventing the wheel rather than just using the option in the admin where it clearly says:
Domestic First Class type: "Disabled" that does the exact same thing, hence the reason I added it.

Administrator