Post by robertketter » Mon May 02, 2011 4:37 am

I have fully completed the opencart setup and enabled the USPS Shipping. Upon checkout, I get the message there are no shipping options available...? I am stumped. I thought maybe I could enable some sort of debugging but I just cant seem to figure it out. Any help would be awesome.

I am using Version 1.4.9.4

Robert

Post by robertketter » Mon May 02, 2011 4:40 am

Here is the exact error: "Error: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!"

Post by kpdirection » Mon May 02, 2011 5:30 am

Try setting the dimensions to 1 x 1 x 1 in Extensions->Shipping->USPS

That will ensure you get *figures* back, but won't guarantee that they're correct unless you use a simple basic package.

HTH

Pete.

Peter Connolly
Technical Director
KP Direction LLC
White-Label Drupal and PHP Development for Media Companies
http://www.kpdirection.com
USA, UK, Canada

Post by robertketter » Mon May 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Pete.. I have tried for hours unsuccessfully. I have installed and reinstalled over and over. Installed new users, deleted, updated. I am just convinced there is a bug in this shopping cart program.

Post by robertketter » Mon May 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Pete, I wanted to make sure I was connecting to USPS so I edited my userid and then I got the error the account could not be authenticated. So then I changed it back and right back to no shipping options available. If I install free shipping module as well, it works perfect, but the usps shipping option does not show up then. remove the free shipping module, and back to same error.

Post by robertketter » Mon May 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Well... I updated the USPS Shipping Module that I found in this forum to v4 and enabled debugging and finally found the problem...
"RECTANGULAR is an invalid container type for a REGULAR package"
So I made the change to variable package, added 11x8x5 Girth 32 and now the USPS Shipping Module seems to be working just fine.

Hope this helps someone else...

Post by Qphoria » Mon May 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Administrator

Post by WebPuzzles » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:10 am

1.5.1.3 new install USPS not working
http://cnyhistory.org/giftshop/
I'm having the same problem. I'm finally happy with my site design. I have chosen USPS. I configured for variable not regular (I've read all the posts). I got my API registration moved to the production server (or at least they SAY it's been moved. There are lots of postings that this doesn't always happen despite USPS claims). Under the supposition that I am actually on the production server, is there any other reason isn't it working? My checkout page says..... "No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!" But USPS is enabled and there are no error codes in my error log.
WP

Post by WebPuzzles » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:21 am

So, it turns out that I had my geo zones wrong. I changed it to USA All zones. I had two zones. One for NY and one for all others in USA so I could calculate taxes for instate NY customers. But then shipping didn't work. I will need to figure out where the tax rate change happens instead.

This should probably be in some other thread... Sorry for tacking on a new question on an old thread.
WP

Post by Bg-foxx » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:34 am

Qphoria wrote:Here is that patch by the way:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=30489
This link is not working.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Bg-foxx wrote:
Qphoria wrote:Here is that patch by the way:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=30489
This link is not working.
Can't remember what it was.. anyway.. 1.5.1.3 and 1.5.2 usps is 100% working so be sure to get the latest

Administrator

Post by SavSiteDesign » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:16 am

uninstalled completely and reinstalled v 1.5.2 hoping to resolve this same issue to no avail!
Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!
I have USPS configured with acct information and have tried setting to Variable instead of Rec. to no avail....
any suggestions other than tossing my computer out the window would be appreciated!
???

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:19 pm

SavSiteDesign wrote:uninstalled completely and reinstalled v 1.5.2 hoping to resolve this same issue to no avail!
Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!
I have USPS configured with acct information and have tried setting to Variable instead of Rec. to no avail....
any suggestions other than tossing my computer out the window would be appreciated!
???
Just be sure its enabled and you have the right geozones allowed for it. A simple warning like this leaves no inclination that a full reinstall is needed. Try enabling flat rate as well so you have something. Once you see that at least you know shipping is working.

Administrator

Post by SavSiteDesign » Wed May 23, 2012 5:21 pm

I have now been trying to get this to work for about a month... at one point in time I thought that I had the issue resolved, but I am back to Warning: No Shipping options are available using USPS
I have tried configuring with the Variable / 12x5x8, Geo Zones = All States
I have tried it both with and without Free Shipping configured for orders over the amount of $1700.00

https://assaultweaponsofohio.net/shop

I am at such a loss at this point, I am beginning to think that the USPS shipping mod just doesn't work...
any help would be appreciated!