Post by vrrmmrydr » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:02 pm

Hello, I have recently installed opencart and am having an issue with the USPS extension.
After reading several of the posts on this forum, I contacted USPS to make sure i was activated on the production server.

Once I was 'active', the authorization error i was getting disappeared. ;D
Unfortunatly, the shipping does not show up on checkout, only the flat rate.

Any help on what i should try is greatly appreciated.

in addition, this is a great forum. I was able to solve several smaller issues just by searching.

Thanks

Post by eseaman3 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:41 am

I also have an issue with the USPS extension, although a bit different. After activating my USPS shipping license on the production server, I get this error: "Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect." I know my username is correct. There is nowhere in OpenCart to place a USPS password, so this seems a strange error to me. Any ideas, y'all?

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:11 am

eseaman3 wrote:I also have an issue with the USPS extension, although a bit different. After activating my USPS shipping license on the production server, I get this error: "Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect." I know my username is correct. There is nowhere in OpenCart to place a USPS password, so this seems a strange error to me. Any ideas, y'all?
This means you are not activated on the production server. Call them back and tell them to do it right this time.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:11 am

vrrmmrydr wrote:Hello, I have recently installed opencart and am having an issue with the USPS extension.
After reading several of the posts on this forum, I contacted USPS to make sure i was activated on the production server.

Once I was 'active', the authorization error i was getting disappeared. ;D
Unfortunatly, the shipping does not show up on checkout, only the flat rate.

Any help on what i should try is greatly appreciated.

in addition, this is a great forum. I was able to solve several smaller issues just by searching.

Thanks
Be sure you have the latest patch for USPS here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=30489

Administrator

Post by jujuman » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Hello Q;
I have read through the posts and applied the patch for v1494. I also called USPS TWICE to get on production server.
I have input my code:(not real here) 123XXXXX4567. I am getting the error" No shipping options available".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Jujuman

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 pm

enable the debug option for usps and check the system error log in between the <Description> tags

Administrator

Post by jujuman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks... had wrong box type......

Jujuman