Post by gobanban » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:52 am

Dear Opencart users,

I am developing a cart based on version 1.4.9.3.
I set up everything for USPS live rates, my USPS account works well. I have also installed the fix for the <SUP>REG</SUP> bug.
Everything works well for national rates, but I can't get any international rates for deliveries outside the US.

Would upgrading to 1.4.9.4 solve that? I am so close to going live, I didn't want to worry with an upgrade right now. I tried to just copy the files of v 1.9.4.4 related to USPS shipping but it didn't work.

Thank you for your help,
Alban

Post by Qphoria » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:29 am

gobanban wrote: Would upgrading to 1.4.9.4 solve that? I am so close to going live, I didn't want to worry with an upgrade right now. I tried to just copy the files of v 1.9.4.4 related to USPS shipping but it didn't work.
Yes upgrading would help but you should be able to copy all the USPS files over and it should be fine. Be sure you get all 6 files.

After that, be sure to grab the patch for one of those new files from the bottom of this first post here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28936

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by gobanban » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:24 am

Thank you so much for your help.
I had another problem actually that I solved, and it was really stupid. I had French addresses to test international shipping rates, and I had selected France Metropolitan, which was right for the addresses I had. But it turns out France Metropolitan was not recognized by USPS... I can't believe I didn't try that before, so stupid.

So for anyone who wants to ship to France using USPS (and it may be the same for other companies), disable the "France Metropolitan" option and just keep "France".

Thanks again Q,
Alban

Post by canadian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:36 am

Qphoria wrote:
gobanban wrote: Would upgrading to 1.4.9.4 solve that? I am so close to going live, I didn't want to worry with an upgrade right now. I tried to just copy the files of v 1.9.4.4 related to USPS shipping but it didn't work.
Yes upgrading would help but you should be able to copy all the USPS files over and it should be fine. Be sure you get all 6 files.

After that, be sure to grab the patch for one of those new files from the bottom of this first post here:
I upgraded to 1.4.9.4 today. I also installed the "usps_v4_first_class_patch.zip" patch a the bottom of the post you linked to but my international shipping rates are not showing up. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Post by canadian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:49 am

Qphoria wrote:

Could it be my length and weight classes? I deleted all of the classes except for inches and pounds. Should I have kept the defaults of KG and CM?

Post by canadian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:31 am

Qphoria wrote:

Ok. I know you are far more talented then I am at solving problems with this cart... AND I may be doing something completely wrong BUT there may be a bug in the patch you are referring to titled "usps_v4_first_class_patch.zip"

When I install that USPS file from "usps_v4_first_class_patch.zip" in "catalog/model/shipping" my international rates do not show up.

However, when I install the USPS file from you January 2011 fix (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 43#p147343) into "catalog/model/shipping" my international shipping rates do work.

I looked through both .php files and noticed that the January file requests international rate information from IntlRate. It defines a USERID and PASSWORD...

Code: Select all

if (isset($country[$address['iso_code_2']])) {
					$xml  = '<IntlRateRequest USERID="' . $this->config->get('usps_user_id') . '" PASSWORD="' . $this->config->get('usps_password') . '">';
The new file from May requests international rate information from IntlRateV2 and does not ask for a PASSWORD. Does it need a password?

Code: Select all

if (isset($country[$address['iso_code_2']])) {
					$xml  = '<IntlRateV2Request USERID="' . $this->config->get('usps_user_id') . '">';

Then again I may be totally wrong?

Thanks again,

Chris

Post by Qphoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:45 pm

No. Password was never a required field so I removed it to keep it simpler. For international packages you must define the length/width/height as a new requirement for V4.

Administrator

Post by canadian » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 am

Qphoria wrote:No. Password was never a required field so I removed it to keep it simpler. For international packages you must define the length/width/height as a new requirement for V4.
The length/width/height in the USPS module OR the length/width/height in the product? I have the product defined.

IF I need to define the length/width/height in the USPS module what values do I put in? I'm wondering because not all of my products have the same dimensions.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:54 am

Product dimensions are not used for shipping at this time. Only the ones in the module. You will have to guesstimate the average package size like 12x12x12 girth 12 and see how the rates change with diff values

Administrator

Post by canadian » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:56 am

Awesome. Thanks again for the help.

Post by canadian » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 am

Qphoria wrote:Product dimensions are not used for shipping at this time. Only the ones in the module. You will have to guesstimate the average package size like 12x12x12 girth 12 and see how the rates change with diff values
I tried your suggestion and it's still not displaying International rates to Canada. Here is a screen shot of my USPS Module settings. I've also attached my product settings below. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

USPS Shipping Module
Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 1.34.20 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 1.34.20 PM.png (75.25 KiB) Viewed 2302 times

Product Settings
Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 1.37.52 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 1.37.52 PM.png (44.74 KiB) Viewed 2302 times