Post by dantheman50_98 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:13 am

Hi there,

I'm using version 1.4.9.1 and I just need some clarification about whether opencart works out the shipping cost according to the product weight entered automatically. Also, do the product dimensions have any bearing on the shipping cost?
I only ask as I can't seem to find any info explicitly stating the shipping calculation process (maybe I'm being blind)...

Cheers,
Dan

Post by dannydaman9 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 pm

as i believe opencart doesn't work out the dimensions for shipping cost. However this can be configured by maybe a new shipping method in the FTP.

Also whatever weight that you enter in the product information in the admin section, is the weight it calculates.

Site finished:
http://www.labelstogo.co.uk

Location - Manchester, England

Post by dantheman50_98 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Basically I'm using the royal mail module and I'd like to know if the shipping rates are built in to opencart. From your reply I take it that it does?
Thanks,
Dan

Post by Qphoria » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:57 pm

For royal mail, yes it has hardcoded rates since royalmail doesn't offer an API service. It is based solely on "cart weight" meaning all items in the cart are tallied up and the final weight is used for the royal mail rate

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by dantheman50_98 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 pm

That's beautiful! Thanks - I'l be using your handling fee mod as well so double thanks! I seem to have done something to bodge up the opencart admin section as it now redirects to install/index.php. It happened after I re-uploaded the admin and catalog folders so I'm doing a fresh install. The reason I re-uploaded these folders is that after installing the handling fee mod the checkout would tell me there are no shipping options. However I've also done some geozone tinkling as well so it could be that.

Post by dannydaman9 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Dan you're very much welcome. Q has covered everything for that!!!

Site finished:
http://www.labelstogo.co.uk

Location - Manchester, England