Post by Daredawk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi, first of all, I'm not english, so I apologise for the inconvenience if I don't explain myself correctly.

I have an opencart page and I'm struggling with some issues. I have some categories in my page who offers free shipping if the cost is over $75, but I have some categories who doesn't offer this.
Also my shipping cost is $4.5 if there's no free shipping or if the cost is less than $75.

I only offer shipping to the US. So I have a really big problem because I don't live in the US and I don't know how things work there, so If anyone could help me I would appreciate that very much.

Is there any extension that could help me? Maybe using the default opencart's modules?

Thank you very much and good day.

Post by Johnathan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:58 pm

There's no built-in shipping method that will accomodate all these criteria, but I have a Category & Product-Based Shipping that would work for you. You can set up rates based on total, geo zone, and category, so you can set up the appropriate charges for your free shipping and non-free shipping.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Daredawk » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:20 am

Johnathan wrote:There's no built-in shipping method that will accomodate all these criteria, but I have a Category & Product-Based Shipping that would work for you. You can set up rates based on total, geo zone, and category, so you can set up the appropriate charges for your free shipping and non-free shipping.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.
Thank you so much for the quick response.
So let's say I have five categories (A, B, C, D, E) and categories A and C qualifies for free shipping but categories B, D, E don't.
So let's say I use US postal service and UPS ground service.
In the categories that qualifies for free shipping (A, C) the prizes (below $75) are $5.00 and $6.50, and, if it's over $75, it's free.
And, in the categories that don't qualifies for free shipping (B, D, E) the prizes are $10.00 and $12.50.

Could I do that using that extension?
Also, does the extension have this 'free shipping' thing?
Thank you and good day.

Post by Johnathan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:29 am

Free Shipping is just a $0.00 cost, so any shipping method should support it, including Category & Product-Based Shipping.

In your case, if you use USPS and UPS rates, those are *not* going to be affected by any other extension. So you can give free shipping for certain criteria, but it will apply to the whole cart, independently of your USPS/UPS settings.

If you don't actually use USPS/UPS rates, then you can set rates for your non-free categories, and combine them with rates from the free categories. Take a look at the examples on this page for an example:

http://www.getclearthinking.com/categor ... d-shipping

If you need those live rate calculations from USPS/UPS, then you'd need to get something more powerful, like Ultimate Shipping. That can combine live rates for certain categories, with formula rates for other categories, for a single shipping option presented to the customer.

Please contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you'd like to discuss this further.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator