Post by youngmedia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:42 am

HELP Please! I need this done this weekend or things are going to get very bad. The client will sue unfortunately. We have made an effort to fix this but have been unable and the client is impatient. This is the last hurdle in the project.

I am using dimensional weight for all my products because my packages are light but large. There is a default weight placed in the cart as well.

Using the default FedEx module, when I select Your Packaging as my option in the admin area module my weights do not change no matter how many items are in a box. The price will change based on zone but it needs to change based on dimensional weight of the products. I changed the dimensions in the FedEx module but that only changed the price. It didn't fix my issue.

What module would be best for this problem? Any suggestions on how I can modify my the default FedEx module to make it work? Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

Post by thefatalepic » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:17 am

Since a few months have passed I hope you have solved your problem. I am having a similar issue.

I am thinking of changing the weight of all products to equal that of the dimensional weight. My understanding is that FedEx calculates dimensional weight with LxWxH/166, so if I add the Dim Weight as the Actual Weight this should add up correctly during shipping.

However, Ground prices do go up higher than if the actual weight and dimensions are inputted. I am not sure if there is a surcharge I am not seeing, I've spoke to a few FedEx reps and they weren't sure either. I am told that the Dimensional Weight is all that is used to calculate rates so then why is it when I increase "Actual Weight" to the "Dim Weight" the rate increases a bit?