Post by bizzebee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:14 am

I'm using 1.5.6.4. I'm looking for an extension that has the ability to create a custom shipping method with the following requirements:

1. Ability to automatically display the shipping method (i.e FREE SHIPPING) on the product page so the customer has the ability to know if the custom shipping method is available for that particular item, BEFORE adding the item to the cart
2. Also need Product based calculation

I've been searching the extensions and may have found a few but can't seem to get an answer to my questions from the developer(s) so I'm hesitant to invest in something with poor support. :choke: (I already had one extension prove to be a hot mess and the support for that is questionable so really trying to be careful here. :o )

Any help or suggestions would be FAB! O0 I totally appreciate any help in advance. ;D I will keep searching in the meantime.....

Post by bizzebee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:52 pm

I was able to find a solution that works for our store! I had to combine several extensions because of how robust I needed certain features but I am soo glad that I did. I recommend anyone to please, "do your homework" especially when comparing lower cost extensions with higher priced ones and pay attention to what each really has to offer! I am soo glad I did. However, cheaper is not always better but paying more does not mean you get more.

Until next time fellow beautiful opencart peoples....

Post by SXGuy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:34 am

For the benefit of your thread, it would be helpful to say how you managed it, and what extensions you used, incase anyone else requires the same thing as you, and saves them having to post another thread with the same question.