Post by vapekrew » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:12 am

Just found this VQMOD and thread, Since the recent API My priority Boxes are not showing up on the shipping options. I did not touch anything since earlier this year. i guess it just broke. Will this mod work with that? USA Shipping to USA... no Canada stuff

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:17 am

vapekrew wrote:Just found this VQMOD and thread, Since the recent API My priority Boxes are not showing up on the shipping options. I did not touch anything since earlier this year. i guess it just broke. Will this mod work with that? USA Shipping to USA... no Canada stuff
It should. If you've modified your usps.php files, I'd recommend restoring the stock file when you install this modification.

Post by vapekrew » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:09 am

JeffroDH wrote:
vapekrew wrote:Just found this VQMOD and thread, Since the recent API My priority Boxes are not showing up on the shipping options. I did not touch anything since earlier this year. i guess it just broke. Will this mod work with that? USA Shipping to USA... no Canada stuff
It should. If you've modified your usps.php files, I'd recommend restoring the stock file when you install this modification.
Only modified it to get rid of the YUP symbols. Pretty much stock. changed out with a stock file and still no priority mail options. its strange because we havent touched a single thing in about 5 months. Not sure if this is USPS or our website. Do you have priority options? without this Mod? Priority meaning small frb medium frb large frb...

Post by vapekrew » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:14 am

Last edited by vapekrew on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by vapekrew » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:29 am

Didnt work this is making me go crazy. Seriously. Any help from anyone? NO priority boxes are showing up!
Error Log

2015-08-06 15:31:08 - USPS DATA SENT: API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="*************"> <Package ID="1"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>*****</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>90808</ZipDestination> <Pounds>0</Pounds> <Ounces>5.5</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Width>20</Width> <Length>20</Length> <Height>20</Height> <Girth>100</Girth> <Machinable>false</Machinable> </Package></RateV4Request>
2015-08-06 15:31:08 - USPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RateV4Response><Package ID="1"><ZipOrigination>90808</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>90808</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>5.5</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Priority Mail Express 2-Day</MailService><Rate>16.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Priority Mail Express 2-Day Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>16.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail 1-Day</MailService><Rate>17.80</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Mail Parcel</MailService><Rate>3.14</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail Parcel</MailService><Rate>2.72</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail Parcel</MailService><Rate>2.59</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:31 am

vapekrew wrote:Didnt work this is making me go crazy. Seriously. Any help from anyone? NO priority boxes are showing up!
Error Log

2015-08-06 15:31:08 - USPS DATA SENT: API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="*************"> <Package ID="1"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>*****</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>90808</ZipDestination> <Pounds>0</Pounds> <Ounces>5.5</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Width>20</Width> <Length>20</Length> <Height>20</Height> <Girth>100</Girth> <Machinable>false</Machinable> </Package></RateV4Request>
2015-08-06 15:31:08 - USPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RateV4Response><Package ID="1"><ZipOrigination>90808</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>90808</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>5.5</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Priority Mail Express 2-Day</MailService><Rate>16.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Priority Mail Express 2-Day Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>16.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail 1-Day</MailService><Rate>17.80</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Mail Parcel</MailService><Rate>3.14</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail Parcel</MailService><Rate>2.72</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail Parcel</MailService><Rate>2.59</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>
Your error logs indicate that OpenCart is receiving the information from USPS appropriately. I'll need more information.

As for why it's not showing up in the cart, there are several things that could cause the problem. Have your template files changed? Any changes at all?

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 am

Also, the package size and girth will cause methods not to be returned. Your package size is showing 20x20x20 with a girth of 100c which is well outside size limits for the flat rate boxes.

Post by vapekrew » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:31 am

sent your a private message. Thanks

Post by catzpaw164 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:23 pm

My USPS shipping has been broken since the API update. Found this module and installed it per the instructions. USPS shipping is still not an option in my shopping cart - as a customer I see the message that there are not shipping options. I have installed Flat Rate Shipping as temporary work around. After installing this new module, the USPS shipping still does not appear. I have not made any changes to any other files on they system and I am not sure where to find the error logs. I am running OpenCart Version 1.5.6.4

Please help!

Post by catzpaw164 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:27 pm

An update - if I select all shipping methods available then the USPS shows in my cart. I only need to select USPS Flat Rate Small Box. If I do that, then nothing appears.

Post by wurlwind » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:57 am

Hello Jeff, I just purchased your USPS API update extension and wanted to see if I can get assistance on getting it installed.

Thank you,
Chris

Post by catzpaw164 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:54 am

So, my option for USPS Priority Small Flat Rate box still does not appear in the checkout list. USPS Priority Mail does appear but it does not apply the flat rate price. The USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate box does appear. However, we ship everything in the small box and really need this as a shipping option. The same holds true for International USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes as well.

Post by mmilton » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:16 am

OC Version 2.0.3.1
Just bought the extension after USPS API change and nothing works, USPS option does not show up in the cart,debug log is empty, it thinks for a minute and returns "Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!"

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:04 am

catzpaw164 wrote:So, my option for USPS Priority Small Flat Rate box still does not appear in the checkout list. USPS Priority Mail does appear but it does not apply the flat rate price. The USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate box does appear. However, we ship everything in the small box and really need this as a shipping option. The same holds true for International USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes as well.
I'm sorry that you're having issues. The problem is most likely due to your package size settings. From the USPS documentation:
For example, Small Flat Rate Box will not be returned when <Size>=”REGULAR” and dimensions provided exceed those of the Small Flat Rate Box (8-5/8” x 5-3/8” x 1-5/8”).
With the latest API update, they're using the package dimensions to restrict which methods to return when rates are requested. Previously they've used only the weight.

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:05 am

wurlwind wrote:Hello Jeff, I just purchased your USPS API update extension and wanted to see if I can get assistance on getting it installed.

Thank you,
Chris
What kind of help do you need?

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:08 am

mmilton wrote:OC Version 2.0.3.1
Just bought the extension after USPS API change and nothing works, USPS option does not show up in the cart,debug log is empty, it thinks for a minute and returns "Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!"
There is an issue with your installation.

This extension is not compatible with the OCMod Extension installer in the admin panel. It requires VQMod to be installed. The VQMod error logs are in /vqmod/logs. With debug mode enabled, you should see the API request and response in your OpenCart error logs. If you're not even seeing that, then there is something deeply wrong.

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:09 am

Informational Update:
vapekrew's issues revolved around package dimensions.

If you're having any problems at all, please read the first post on this thread. It covers quite a few common problems.

I'd also like to issue a blanket apology for the delay over the past few days. I've apparently not been receiving notifications of topic replies over the past few days.

Post by mmilton » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:14 am

JeffroDH wrote:
mmilton wrote:OC Version 2.0.3.1
There is an issue with your installation.

This extension is not compatible with the OCMod Extension installer in the admin panel. It requires VQMod to be installed. The VQMod error logs are in /vqmod/logs. With debug mode enabled, you should see the API request and response in your OpenCart error logs. If you're not even seeing that, then there is something deeply wrong.
I know the difference between OCMod and VQMod, I have other VQMods working and writing to the log, I also see the page changes in vqcache.

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:05 am

And your Error Log?

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Corresponded with mmilton via PM, and had a look at the filesystem and the admin settings. There is something going wrong at the server level, and I wasn't able to access the system logs to figure it out.
The code for the USPS shipping module wasn't executing at all, even with the stock files, and therefore all attempts to log errors were not successful.

Couldn't replicate the issue on my server, and don't have any further ideas without server error logs. As always, my rate for technical support not related to problems with the code I write is $25/hr. with a 1 hour minimum. If and when this problem gets sorted, I am happy to help with getting my extension set up properly.