Post by asiegbucp » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:58 am

Hello is it possible to update the module to pull USPS "commercial rate" or "online rate" instead of more expensive "post office price"? Is there a line of code that I have to edit to affect this change?

Post by badmonkeybotanicals » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:54 pm

I just installed this on 1.5.5.1 and the checkout options seem to have changed to the proper formatting, the invoices are still showing the <sup>, in 2 places...

*edit
The problem seems to be the database, the mod doesn't fix the $options['shipping_method'] already written to the DB. Is it possible to get a couple lines of sql code to change them(I know, facepalm)?

For the record a new order just came through and it's writing correctly to the database. The admin invoice page, the invoice print, order view pages etc..

Post by JeffroDH » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:34 pm

The SQL would be something like

Code: Select all

UPDATE table SET column='new_shipping' WHERE column='old_shipping';
Obviously replace table, column, new_shipping and old_shipping with the appropriate values. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:20 am

turbobeds wrote:Where do I enter my password?
@turbobeds: The new version of the API doesn't require a password. Username alone is sufficient.
Last edited by JeffroDH on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:22 am

asiegbucp wrote:Hello is it possible to update the module to pull USPS "commercial rate" or "online rate" instead of more expensive "post office price"? Is there a line of code that I have to edit to affect this change?
It is possible to make the USPS module display the commercial rates rather than the retail rates, but that is outside the scope of this mod. I've written another mod which accomplishes this, and it will be available shortly. When it is, I'll post a link here.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:35 am

asiegbucp wrote:Hello is it possible to update the module to pull USPS "commercial rate" or "online rate" instead of more expensive "post office price"? Is there a line of code that I have to edit to affect this change?
Here's a link to the module I wrote to accomplish this functionality: Commercial/Online Pricing

Post by JBGood » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:55 am

Receiveing 100's of these errors after updating to the latest version:

[05-Oct-2013 00:40:01 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_HOST in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/index.php on line 50

Please advise!
Thanks,
JBGood

Post by JeffroDH » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:11 am

Jbgood. I apologize for not responding sooner.

Were you able to determine whether or not this update was the actual cause?

Post by hebiki » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Jeff,

First class mail doesnt show up for my products. the product itself is 2 ounces. and the store settings is set for pounds. (not sure if that matters?) Please help. Thank you!

Post by ktriggs » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 pm

I'm having an issue with this mod, and getting Standard Post to work. The only option I want to give my customers is "Standard Post" and it's the only one that won't work. I constantly get: "Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!" It seems like if I select all the options in the shipping options section, some of them will work, but it depends what zip code I type in.

Running OpenCart 1.5.5.1

Thanks!

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by ktriggs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:59 am

I solved my issue after waiting on hold for an hour with USPS. Apparently if you ship items (in my case 2lb small boxes) to people who are near by (2-3 state radius) they change "Standard Post" to "Media Mail". So, I solved my problem by checking "Media Mail" as an option in my shipping configuration for USPS. Hope this helps others with similar issues. Thanks!

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by JeffroDH » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:39 am

@ktriggs: Appreciate the info. I'll update the product description to reflect this.

Post by RobertGD » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:31 am

According to the Extension page for this mod the latest version includes the update for the January 2014 fix as well correct? If so what is the latest version of this mod so I can check I managed to grab the most recent for OC v1.5.1.3

Post by JeffroDH » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:04 pm

RobertGD wrote:According to the Extension page for this mod the latest version includes the update for the January 2014 fix as well correct? If so what is the latest version of this mod so I can check I managed to grab the most recent for OC v1.5.1.3

The latest version does support the new shipping option for the January 2014 update. It was a minor update, only adding one service.

I have multiple "editions" of this Mod available for different OC versions, but they are developed in parallel. Anything you download from the extension page should be the latest version.

Post by The Stig » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:16 am

How much work would be needed to get it where this extension could purchase postage through the USPS API's?

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:26 am

The Stig wrote:How much work would be needed to get it where this extension could purchase postage through the USPS API's?
That's actually on my list of projects to tackle, but it won't ever be a part of this extension. That project will require significantly more development time.

Post by The Stig » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:34 am

JeffroDH wrote:That's actually on my list of projects to tackle, but it won't ever be a part of this extension. That project will require significantly more development time.
bump

Any update on being able to purchase postage through the USPS API's?

Post by getlabels » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 am

I am having trouble getting this extension (and the commercial rates extension) to function at all. I am using OC v1.5.4 and this is what the vQmod error log shows:

MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/cascade/www/www/vqmod/xml/Hogan_USPS_7_2013_fix_v152up.xml
id : Fix USPS Rates for 7/28/2013 API Update
version : 1.4.0
vqmver : 1.0.9
author : JeffroDH
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $xml .= ' <Service>ALL</Service>';

MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/cascade/www/www/vqmod/xml/hogan_usps_pull_online_rates.xml
id : USPS Pull Online Rates
version : 1.1
vqmver : 1.0.9
author : JeffroDH
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $xml .= ' <Service>ALL</Service>';

-----------------------------

What is really strange about this, is that I can manually go into my usps.php file and search for those terms and find them without any problem. Why do you think the mod is having trouble finding them? It's looking for "catalog/model/shipping/usps.php" which is exactly where my usps.php file is. I am using a custom theme, but it still uses the stock shipping modules.

Any thoughts on this? I just put down $30 for these two extensions and am hoping I can put them to good use!

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:45 am

I've seen some cases where the php files have some odd spacing. Try copying the line directly from the file and pasting it in between the brackets.

If that doesn't work, attach the files in question to a pm and I'll sort it for you.

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:49 am

It's also possible that you have another vqmod that's modifying the same files. If that's the case, I'll need to see the VQcache files too.