Post by JeffroDH » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:20 am

airhead3 wrote:I'm wondering if there's an order of operations problem with the vqmod. I'm getting the search error seen in the attached log file for:

Code: Select all

<CommercialFlag>Y</CommercialFlag>
and looking in the usps.php there's only:

<CommercialFlag>N</CommercialFlag>
Looking into which searches are involving <CommercialFlag>Y</CommercialFlag>, I find:

<search position="before"><![CDATA[$xml .= '		<CommercialFlag>Y</CommercialFlag>';]]></search>
        	<add><![CDATA[					$xml .=	'		<OriginZip>' . substr($this->config->get('usps_postcode'), 0, 5) . '</OriginZip>';]]></add>
        </operation>

<operation>
        	<search position="after"><![CDATA[$xml .= '		<CommercialFlag>Y</CommercialFlag>';]]></search>
        	<add><![CDATA[
        		if((strlen($postcode)) >= "1"){
        			$xml .= '      <AcceptanceDateTime>'.date('c').'</AcceptanceDateTime>';
        			$xml .=	'		<DestinationPostalCode>' . $postcode . '</DestinationPostalCode>';
        		}]]></add>
        </operation>
...and finally, later in the file:

<operation>
    		<search position="replace"><![CDATA[$xml .= '		<CommercialFlag>N</CommercialFlag>';]]></search>
    		<add><![CDATA[$xml .= '		<CommercialFlag>Y</CommercialFlag>';]]></add>
    	</operation>
Which appears to be changing the <CommercialFlag>N</CommercialFlag> into <CommercialFlag>Y</CommercialFlag>.

So, if that replacement later in the file is putting the <CommercialFlag>Y</CommercialFlag> into the usps.php file, is that why the searches earlier in the file aren't finding it?
Yes.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:21 am

Redcomet wrote:Hello,

I had previously had your 2013 API update and it was working properly on my website. I went ahead and downloaded your new Jan API update and made sure my USPS.php files were stock and removed the old XML file.

At the moment I do not have anything listed in the shipping options, just blank white spaces where the services should be.

Attached is my error.txt file

Thanks
I'd restore your previous file until I get this fixed. I also need more information in order to be able to help. Read the first post in this thread.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:21 am

There was a bug in the 1.5.2-1.5.6.4 version of the latest release. I've corrected it and uploaded it in the extension store.

Thank you for the bug reports.

Post by stove » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:04 am

Having difficulties. Checke my usps cleared up error in vqmod logs about $result = str_replace('&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt;', '', $result);. When giving the rates on the estimator, the rates come across fine but I get a bunch of undefined entries for usps and also for my no charge shipping method. Using Mijoshop Joomla, OpenCart: 1.5.5.1 MijoShop (Installed): 2.5.4

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:04 pm

First, make sure you're using the appropriate version for OC 1.5.5.1.

Second, MijoShop is a nonstandard implementation, and requires significant customization. I offer a fee based service for these types of things.

Post by shamanicconnection » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:05 am

I am having an issue with orders not showing parcel select as an option for shipping. It only returns first class, priority or express.

I've been using the mod for a long time and was deleting the "online" section. With this new update, it was returning retail ground rates, which are less than the parcel select ground that PayPal charges for shipping. So, I re-installed the original (unmodified) xml file. I have checked Express Mail, First Class Package Service, Parcel Select Ground and Priority Mail in the Shipping Extension for OpenCart. But, I am not getting any ground shipping options on my orders.

There are no errors in the logs that relate to shipping or the mod. I have read the info on this update and it only confuses me more.

I am using Opencart 1.5.6.4 (yes, downloaded the correct file) with Simple Great theme (no problems until I reloaded the original xml file).

I feel like I have something checked wrong in the shipping extension, but I don't know what
Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG (59.88 KiB) Viewed 6895 times

. Your help would be appreciated.

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:45 am

I suspect that the package size or weight disqualifies it from package select ground. That's usually the case. I'll look at the requirements and see if it's a bug on my end.

Post by shamanicconnection » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:06 am

Jeff, have you had time to look into the parcel select ground issue? I have looked over the post office site and find no issue with package size. My usual package is 6x6x12 and weighs in between 1 & 2 pounds.

Thanks
Debbie

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:13 am

Debbie,

I've looked at it on my end and can't find any issue. Would you mind turning debug mode on and posting the response from USPS (It'll be in your Error Logs after a quote is made)? You can also post the query, but delete your username before you post it for your security.

Post by JBGood » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:05 pm

I'm having the same issue with orders not showing parcel select as an option for shipping. It only returns first class, priority or express.

I would like to offer retail ground rates and parcel select ground to my customers.

Any update on this issue?

$_['text_domestic_4'] = 'Retail Ground';
$_['text_domestic_77'] = 'Parcel Select Ground';

I would also love to display the estimated shipping times for these rates ex:

Retail Ground™ (2-8 Days)
Parcel Select Ground™ (2-8 Days)

Thanks!

JBGood
JackBGoods.com

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:12 am

Try changing the rates from ONLINE to ALL in the XML query. See if that helps.

Post by JBGood » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:46 am

That change enabled USPS Retail Ground but disabled First-Class™ Package Service.

Parcel Select Ground did not come up.

I put it back the way it was to keep First-Class™ Package Service enabled, the most economical package rate.

Thanks!

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:20 am

I'll look into Parcel Select, but the short answer on Retail Ground is that it's a retail price, so you can't get online pricing and retail ground pricing in a single request.

Post by JeffroDH » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:44 am

JBGood wrote:That change enabled USPS Retail Ground but disabled First-Class™ Package Service.

Parcel Select Ground did not come up.

I put it back the way it was to keep First-Class™ Package Service enabled, the most economical package rate.

Thanks!
After some conversations with USPS support, the short answer is: You don't qualify for Parcel Select Ground rates. A fuller description of the issue is in the first post of this thread, under common problems, number 8.

Post by JBGood » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:39 am

I guess the thing that is confusing is Parcel Select Ground is a service offered by Stamps.com. "Parcel Select Ground is ideal for heavy items when cost is more important than speed." (service description)

Confusing, i'll keep researching.

Cheers.

Post by mrniss99 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Anyone have a working usps.php? I am having the same issue with version 2.0.1.1 and rates to Canada as well.

Thanks for your time!

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:09 am

In the first post of this thread, there is a link to a modification that can be purchased to fix your problem. This is a support thread for that mod.

Post by BionicBill » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:30 am

In OC 2.1.0.1
Not sure what has happened to my USPS Shipping first I did not have First Class Mail Parcel so I uninstalled the mod. Then'
Reinstalled now I have no USPS shipping choices If I go into the USPS settings all the check boxes are blank re checking them and clicking save it OC informs me that it has updated the mod however reopening the mod shows that non or selected again. AHH! HELP!

Post by JeffroDH » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:35 am

BionicBill wrote:In OC 2.1.0.1
Not sure what has happened to my USPS Shipping first I did not have First Class Mail Parcel so I uninstalled the mod. Then'
Reinstalled now I have no USPS shipping choices If I go into the USPS settings all the check boxes are blank re checking them and clicking save it OC informs me that it has updated the mod however reopening the mod shows that non or selected again. AHH! HELP!
Are you using the VQMod or OCMod version?
It sounds like you're having some sort of caching issue or other conflict, but I'll need to see some error logs to track down your issue.

Post by JeffroDH » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:29 pm

BionicBill wrote:In OC 2.1.0.1
I believe I've found a bug in the OCMod version that can cause this behavior. I'm PMing you an updated file.