Post by CelJel » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:31 am

I just bought this extension and it put the lowest price shipping first which is great, thanks.

The problem is that now the "Shipping Estimate " in the Shopping Cart doesn't work with this installed. Is there something else I need to do or activate?

Thanks,

Tony

Post by OriginTea » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi,

Just had this mod installed on OC 1.5.4. I'm having a problem with getting " First-Class Package International Service" to show up during checkout or shipping estimate. Priority Mail International shows up just fine. I've checked my weight classes and product weights to show up correctly (under 4lbs as per USPS).

Tony

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 pm

@OriginTea: Enable debug mode and look at your API request and response. Also check the Vqmod error logs.
Last edited by JeffroDH on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by CelJel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:51 pm

@jeffrodh, is it ok to comment out line 40 of your extension? It was causing an error after 10PM and before midnight on my site where instead of shipping options, it would just say "Ship Date must be within the next three days."

I think it was caused by the store being on a different day than the USPS servers after 10PM due to the time zone differences and then it would work again after midnight when my store "caught up" to the same day as the USPS servers.

This is the line I commented out:

//$xml .= ' <ShipDate>' . date('d-M-Y') . '</ShipDate>';]]></add>

Is it OK to do that or is that code line important for something else?

If it can be removed from the next release that would be good because most people wouldn't notice this is happening, making their store unusable during the times it is on a different day than the USPS servers.

Thanks,

Tony

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:16 am

Tony,

Thanks for the bug report. I'll see if I can fix that so it accounts for time zone differences. What time zone are your servers in?

It can absolutely be commented out, it merely helps with the accuracy of the shipping time.

Post by CelJel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:29 am

I'm in the Pacific time zone. (California)

So I was thinking that maybe the USPS servers are in the Central time zone due to the 10pm - Midnight time it was throwing that error message.

Thanks,

Tony

Post by OriginTea » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:18 am

JeffroDH wrote:Enable debug mode and look at your API request and response. Also check the Vqmod error logs.
Hi,

I'm running opencart version 1.5.4. defgreen template.

There doesn't seem to be any relevant vqmod error logs. I was able to find this in systems error logs:
2014-08-01 15:11:17 - USPS DATA SENT: API=IntlRateV2&XML=<IntlRateV2Request USERID="075ORIGI5907"> <Package ID="1"> <Pounds>2</Pounds> <Ounces>0</Ounces> <MailType>All</MailType> <GXG> <POBoxFlag>N</POBoxFlag> <GiftFlag>N</GiftFlag> </GXG> <ValueOfContents>4500</ValueOfContents> <Country>France</Country> <Container>RECTANGULAR</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Width>6</Width> <Length>6</Length> <Height>6</Height> <Girth></Girth> <CommercialFlag>N</CommercialFlag> </Package></IntlRateV2Request>
2014-08-01 15:11:17 - USPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<IntlRateV2Response><Package ID="1">

><AreasServed>Please reference Express Mail for Areas Served.</AreasServed><AdditionalRestrictions>No Additional Restrictions Data found.</AdditionalRestrictions><Service ID="1"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>56.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482;</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>Max. length 60", max. length plus girth combined 108"</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>66</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="26"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>84.95</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482; Flat Rate Boxes</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 20 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>20</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="10"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>46.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482; Flat Rate Envelope</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Envelope: 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 4 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>4</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="17"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>46.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482; Legal Flat Rate Envelope</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Envelope: 15" x 9-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 4 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>4</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="27"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>46.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482; Padded Flat Rate Envelope</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Envelope: 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 4 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>4</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="2"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>39.90</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><ParcelIndemnityCoverage>66.99</ParcelIndemnityCoverage><SvcCommitments>6 - 10 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail International&#174;</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>Max. length 60", max. length plus girth combined 108"</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>66</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="11"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>80.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><ParcelIndemnityCoverage>122.79</ParcelIndemnityCoverage><SvcCommitments>6 - 10 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail International&#174; Large Flat Rate Box</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Box: 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" or 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 20 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>20</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="9"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>61.75</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><ParcelIndemnityCoverage>122.79</ParcelIndemnityCoverage><SvcCommitments>6 - 10 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail International&#174; Medium Flat Rate Box</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 20 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>20</MaxWeight></Service></Package></IntlRateV2Response>

Post by gmedia01 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Does your mod use individual product dimensions and weight?

Thanks!!

Chris

Post by 004inc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:44 am

Hello. I'm having trouble with installation. I'm getting an error and not all services selected are showing. Can you please email me at exlegion@gmail.com. I don't mind paying for services to fix this. Thank you

Post by zeroevil » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Hello there does this work with 1.5.5.1 CE ?? Also are you willing to post the non-vqmod modification code here?

I recently moved to the island formally owned by Dr. Moreau and currently live there lost in a ocean of computer code with my cat Nigel... help us!!!

Post by dbckham7 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:35 am

Will this work with 1.5.5.1 in solving my current issue where USPS will allow US orders but not international ones with the error message: "Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!” ??

Presently, it seems like girth isn't being calculated so USPS won't allow for international shipping since one of the dimensions is set to 0.

I would get this extension only if it fixed this! Please let me know asap.

Post by zeroevil » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:03 am

here's some information I pulled from the USPS API maintenance notes just released Sept. 7, 2014

2.2 API Retirement
Effective September 28, 2014, RateV3 will be retired
Please migrate to the latest version (RateV4); technical specifications can be found at

https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools ... tation.htm

With current updates going on with RateV4 changes to API this vqmod patch might not be a good choice considering the API will undergo final switch over on September 28, 2014. I would check with the author before buying as you have to pay for this vqmod patch. In my personal opinion I think with the updates going on with the API we should start looking into correcting the actual integrated module instead of using a vqmod file to apply a temporary patch to the existing module. It would provide a more permanent fix and eliminate and vqmod conflicts or theme conflicts etc. Also there are large changes to international shipping it seems. So I would imagine there will be more issues coming up here in the future once the API fully switches over in the new couple of weeks.

here are the links, I'm currently looking into how information plugs into the current integrated module for 1.5.5.1 CE. If anyone else has some insight please send me a PM on forum hopefully we can resolve it and get the code up so everyone can corrected it.

https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools ... elcome.htm

I recently moved to the island formally owned by Dr. Moreau and currently live there lost in a ocean of computer code with my cat Nigel... help us!!!

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:37 pm

gmedia01 wrote:Does your mod use individual product dimensions and weight?

Thanks!!

Chris
No.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:39 pm

dbckham7 wrote:Will this work with 1.5.5.1 in solving my current issue where USPS will allow US orders but not international ones with the error message: "Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!” ??

Presently, it seems like girth isn't being calculated so USPS won't allow for international shipping since one of the dimensions is set to 0.

I would get this extension only if it fixed this! Please let me know asap.
International shipping is working on my stock installations. This mod does not allow for "by product" girth calculations, however.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:42 pm

zeroevil wrote:here's some information I pulled from the USPS API maintenance notes just released Sept. 7, 2014

2.2 API Retirement
Effective September 28, 2014, RateV3 will be retired
Please migrate to the latest version (RateV4); technical specifications can be found at

With current updates going on with RateV4 changes to API this vqmod patch might not be a good choice considering the API will undergo final switch over on September 28, 2014. I would check with the author before buying as you have to pay for this vqmod patch. In my personal opinion I think with the updates going on with the API we should start looking into correcting the actual integrated module instead of using a vqmod file to apply a temporary patch to the existing module. It would provide a more permanent fix and eliminate and vqmod conflicts or theme conflicts etc. Also there are large changes to international shipping it seems. So I would imagine there will be more issues coming up here in the future once the API fully switches over in the new couple of weeks.

here are the links, I'm currently looking into how information plugs into the current integrated module for 1.5.5.1 CE. If anyone else has some insight please send me a PM on forum hopefully we can resolve it and get the code up so everyone can corrected it.

https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools ... elcome.htm
ZeroEvil,

The latest versions of OpenCart all use RateV4. USPS updates the RateV4 API regularly to match new service offerings and fix bugs. In fact, the versions of this mod for OC 1.4.x even updates from RateV3 to RateV4. So, to suggest that this mod is no longer a good option because of the RateV4 update is a bit silly, because it's supported RateV4 from the beginning.

Also, the portion of this mod that actually updates the API request should not affect any custom themes. Themes become an issue with the portion of the mod that sort the shipping methods on the user side.
Last edited by JeffroDH on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 pm

zeroevil wrote:Hello there does this work with 1.5.5.1 CE ?? Also are you willing to post the non-vqmod modification code here?

ZeroEvil, This is a commercial VQMod, and I feel no compunction about charging a small fee for the development time and effort required to keep this mod up to date. The short answer is no, I will not post the modification code here, and I must ask that you keep the OpenCart license agreements in mind. Please don't rip off this work or publish it. Thanks.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:00 pm

OriginTea wrote:
JeffroDH wrote:Enable debug mode and look at your API request and response. Also check the Vqmod error logs.
Hi,

I'm running opencart version 1.5.4. defgreen template.

There doesn't seem to be any relevant vqmod error logs. I was able to find this in systems error logs:
2014-08-01 15:11:17 - USPS DATA SENT: API=IntlRateV2&XML=<IntlRateV2Request USERID="075ORIGI5907"> <Package ID="1"> <Pounds>2</Pounds> <Ounces>0</Ounces> <MailType>All</MailType> <GXG> <POBoxFlag>N</POBoxFlag> <GiftFlag>N</GiftFlag> </GXG> <ValueOfContents>4500</ValueOfContents> <Country>France</Country> <Container>RECTANGULAR</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Width>6</Width> <Length>6</Length> <Height>6</Height> <Girth></Girth> <CommercialFlag>N</CommercialFlag> </Package></IntlRateV2Request>
2014-08-01 15:11:17 - USPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<IntlRateV2Response><Package ID="1">

><AreasServed>Please reference Express Mail for Areas Served.</AreasServed><AdditionalRestrictions>No Additional Restrictions Data found.</AdditionalRestrictions><Service ID="1"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>56.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482;</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>Max. length 60", max. length plus girth combined 108"</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>66</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="26"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>84.95</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482; Flat Rate Boxes</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 20 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>20</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="10"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>46.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482; Flat Rate Envelope</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Envelope: 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 4 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>4</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="17"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>46.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482; Legal Flat Rate Envelope</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Envelope: 15" x 9-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 4 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>4</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="27"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>46.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><SvcCommitments>3 - 5 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail Express International&#8482; Padded Flat Rate Envelope</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Envelope: 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 4 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>4</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="2"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>39.90</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><ParcelIndemnityCoverage>66.99</ParcelIndemnityCoverage><SvcCommitments>6 - 10 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail International&#174;</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>Max. length 60", max. length plus girth combined 108"</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>66</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="11"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>80.50</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><ParcelIndemnityCoverage>122.79</ParcelIndemnityCoverage><SvcCommitments>6 - 10 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail International&#174; Large Flat Rate Box</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Box: 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" or 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 20 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>20</MaxWeight></Service><Service ID="9"><Pounds>2</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Width>6</Width><Length>6</Length><Height>6</Height><Girth>0</Girth><Country>FRANCE</Country><Postage>61.75</Postage><ExtraServices/><ValueOfContents>4,500.00</ValueOfContents><InsComment>INSURED VALUE</InsComment><ParcelIndemnityCoverage>122.79</ParcelIndemnityCoverage><SvcCommitments>6 - 10 business days to many major markets</SvcCommitments><SvcDescription>Priority Mail International&#174; Medium Flat Rate Box</SvcDescription><MaxDimensions>USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"<br>Maximum weight 20 pounds.</MaxDimensions><MaxWeight>20</MaxWeight></Service></Package></IntlRateV2Response>
There is also a limit on the declared value of first-class shipments with USPS. I suspect the "Value of Contents" field is the culprit here. Just released a new version that you should try, just in case. It killed a few bugs.

Post by rayshobby » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:48 am

Hi, I just installed this vqmod (I have OC 1.5.6). The strange thing I am seeing is that the Get Quotes popup shows the USPS options correctly, in ascending order sorted by price, but the checkout page shows them in descending order (i.e. the most expensive option comes first). Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

Post by rayshobby » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:57 am

(sorry if I am reposting but the previous post didn't seem to appear...)
Hi, I just installed this vqmod (I have OC 1.5.6). The strange thing I am seeing is that the Get Quotes popup shows the USPS options correctly, in ascending order sorted by price, but the checkout page shows them in descending order (i.e. the most expensive option comes first). Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

Post by asiegbucp » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:48 am

Hello @Jeffrodh

Please why am I getting this VQMod error below;

--------- Date: 2014-10-04 14:48:36 ~ IP : 66.189.105.149 ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=extension/shipping&token=fbdd5e3b6eb2363a8fc52db9ea63c01a
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home1/buyomart/public_html/vqmod/xml/Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml
id : Fix USPS Rates for 7/28/2013 API Update
version : 1.4.1
vqmver : 2.3.9
author : JeffroDH

File Name : admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php(2)
VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $_['text_domestic_7'] = 'Library Mail';