A newer thread for the 2.x branch of this extension is located HERE.
This extension is compatible with the latest version of the USPS APIs, which currently includes the April 2016 update.
Things to include for a rapid resolution of your issue:
- 1. A detailed description of the problem
2. Your OpenCart error log
3. Your VQMod error log
4. OpenCart Version
For the fastest support, you can send me a PM with FTP and admin credentials. This option isn't for everyone. Make sure you understand exactly what you're doing.
- 1. Please make sure that your weight classes are set up appropriately! If the package weight is not accurate, you won't see the correct shipping methods. This issue most often affects First-Class Mail Parcel service and First-Class International Parcel Service.
2. Read the USPS documentation to ensure you have the proper package type selected for your desired shipping options. Code is in place to help you when you have the wrong options selected, but it may not be foolproof.
3. Check for other VQMods that write to the same files as this mod.
- a. If the most expensive shipping option is listed first after this mod is installed, it's very likely that you have a custom template or theme that changes the code on the customer side. If you don't include your VQMod and system error logs in the post, there is no chance that I can help you.
5. It's likely that your usps.php file has been modified. Restore the stock file, or disable other VQMods that write to the file. If there is a conflict, let me know and I'll do my best to account for it in the next version. I'm here to support this extension for free. If you need something customized to fit a heavily modified cart, my fees for work involving shipping APIs are $25/hr. with a one hour minimum, billable every half hour after.
6. If you're having problems with small flat-rate pricing, the maximum dimensions for that method are:
7. If quotes are not showing up in the cart, but display correctly during checkout and you're running 2.x: Your .../template/checkout/shipping.tpl file may have been modified by a custom theme. If it has, you'll need to have the extension modified to accommodate your theme.From the USPS documentation:
For example, Small Flat Rate Box will not be returned when <Size>=”REGULAR” and dimensions provided exceed those of the Small Flat Rate Box (8-5/8” x 5-3/8” x 1-5/8”).
I am happy to do this for you for a small fee, or you can do it yourself. My fee for this modification is $25. Contact me via PM.
8. Parcel Select Ground: After some conversations with USPS support, I have been informed that Parcel Select Ground is a method intended for large volume shippers like Amazon, Fedex, and UPS. It is cheaper because the packages are delivered directly to the destination post office, and USPS simply makes the home delivery rather than transporting the package across the state/country. You likely do not qualify for the Parcel Select Ground service, which is why it isn't showing up.
Updates have been coming less frequently. All versions have been updated to support the latest API Updates that broke First-Class shipping. If there are any more issues, please post here on this thread so that I can get a fix out. Thank you.
The mod has been updated to fix a few bugs that were affecting 2.1+ shops. The OCMod version should be working now, and the problems some users were having with International shipping quotes should be fixed. Let me know how it goes.
This mod is not affected by the April 2016 USPS Web Tools Update.
This mod is not affected by the February 2016 USPS Web Tools Update.
This modification is not affected by the September 2015 USPS Web Tools Update. Business continues as normal.
As of July 25th, 2015, USPS is no longer ignoring package sizes when package type is REGULAR. Package sizes are still optional in this case, but if a size is provided, it will be used to limit the shipping options returned from USPS.
Missed some things regarding the International Rate API and shipping to Canada. Thank you to the users for quick feedback and attempting to support the issue. A new version has been released that should take care of the problem.
There are some changes being pushed to the USPS API today. This extension should work flawlessly through the transition.(Read: there were no changes that affected the basic price quote function)
Versions of this mod for OpenCart 1.4.x have been updated.
version 1.4.1b addresses a bug that was introduced with the September 2014 update. As far as I can tell right now, the bug only affected users with OpenCart versions greater than or equal to 1.5.2
Updated all versions to include September 2014 maintenance update.
Fixed bug that occurred in Mountain and Pacific Time zones between 10 and midnight if USPS routed the request to the Chicago server.
Updated the code for compatibility with the January USPS API update. A delay in upgrading shouldn't break your USPS, the January update is pretty minor. More editions for earlier versions of OC will be forthcoming shortly.
Bug fixes, support, and minor API updates (as they come) will continue for this VQMod.
Updated the code with a modification that sorts all of the shipping methods by price in the shopping cart popup. Version 1.3.3 is live and happening!
Wrote a version for 1.4.7 that updates the same information. 1.4.7 version does not update the stock USPS module to Rate Request v4 or International Rate Request v2. Anticipate a release for OC 1.4.x with the updated rate requests.
Confirmed compatibility with 1.5.6.
Updated domestic shipping options to reflect all methods being returned by the API.
Fixed a bug in 1.1 that broke the mod. 1.2 is live and happy!