Post by thumperbay » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm seeing a pretty big difference between the opencart estimate and the estimate I get on the UPS website. Can anyone suggest what I should do to track down the cause of this difference.

In Opencart I have insurance turned off, and am using an average dimension set to 5x5x5 (I understand the products dimensions are not used). The product weight is 4lbs. On the UPS site I have set these same settings, 5x5x5 and 4lbs, no declared value.

It's almost as if Opencart is using the Retail Rate and not the Negotiated Rate of my UPS Account.

Examples:

Opencart

UPS

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 pm

It is not. The core UPS module doesn't support negotiated rates.
There is an addon called "UPS Deluxe" that adds things like negotiated rates, individual packaging, rate adjust, and more here:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2146

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by thumperbay » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks for the quick reply... yea I was looking at the addon for the individual package size capability, so I guess this is one more reason to pony up and purchase it :)

Can you tell me if it or the core version supports showing the customer the UPS tracking number anywhere?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:59 am

thumperbay wrote:Thanks for the quick reply... yea I was looking at the addon for the individual package size capability, so I guess this is one more reason to pony up and purchase it :)

Can you tell me if it or the core version supports showing the customer the UPS tracking number anywhere?
No there is no "tracking" system in any UPS module at this time.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator