Post by christopherdarling » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:32 pm

I see on the feature list there is support for SagePay, is there only support for SagePay Form? A client of mine is wanting to use SagePay Server, is there any payment module for this?

I would be happy to pay for it
Last edited by i2Paq on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

Christopher Darling - Web Design Bristol

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:59 pm

there is both.

Administrator

Post by christopherdarling » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Where abouts is Sever located then?

In the Payments Extensions list there is SagePay, and SagePay Direct. Neither of which is SagePay Server.

The one labeled "SagePay" is SagePay Form. Not Server.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:09 pm

what is sagepay server? I assume you want SagePay Direct... which lets customers buy from your site without going to the sagepay site. The CC form is right on your confirmation page and the customer never leaves

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 am

http://www.sagepay.com/integrating_sagepay.asp

server lets you store credit card details on your own server. so no i have not implemented that. its really for peopel who need to repeatedly charge customers. normally for B2B

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by christopherdarling » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:49 am

Server is not storing card details on the websites own servers, it is essentially Form in a IFRAME window. The idea behind it is to allow on-site payments (like SagePay Direct) but reducing the level of PCI DSS compliance.
Sage Pay Go with Server integration is recommended to merchants who want to
run order & transaction reports on their own servers, but don’t want to invest in
their own digital certificate or collect credit card details on their own website.

Features & benefits

* Database compatibility: Server intergartion offers you a more advanced database compatibility, which means you can store more information about the transaction such as the amount, the products selected, the shopper’s contact details and the result of the authorisation supplied by Sage Pay.

* Customisation: The payment pages are fully customisable. Server integration also comes with inFrame technology, where our secure payment fields are framed by your branding, which means your customer doesn’t even move from your URL. This instantly reduces the need for high-level PCI DSS compliance and doesn’t compromise your customers’ shopping experience on your site.

* Security: It is a secure HTTPS POST from your web server to the Sage Pay’s Test or Live servers, followed by a callback, enabling you to automate actions more freely.

* It is arguably the most secure of Sage Pay’s integration, combining the security of HTTPS POST with other anti-fraud features, ensuring that no tampering has taken place during the transaction….

More on Server security and functionality

* Customisable reports: Although My Sage Pay is an extremely useful reconciliation tool, you’re not limited to using it. With Server integration you can use your own customised reporting area, if you prefer.

* Automation: You can also use the information within the database to send remote requests for refunds and repeats, unlike Form where there is a reliance on My Sage Pay to perform refunds and repeat/releases) For example, with Server integration and some additional coding, you can create a button in your own software which will send a request to have a transaction refunded.
There was alot of requests for this on Magento, I think adding this as a payment gateway on opencart (even if it was a paid extension) would be a good move. Alot of my clients have requested Server over Form.

Post by christopherdarling » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:20 am

No update on this then?

Post by Chris P Duck » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 am

I agree with this, Sage Pay Server is going to become much in demand because it reduces the level of PCI compliance required on the part of the person running and hosting the website. All of the card details are submitted/processed on Sage Pay's site. It's not Sage Pay Direct and it's not Sage Pay Form either, it's a separate system and definitely a feature with OC lacks. As people start getting charged for PCI compliance checks, this will become massively popular, so it's something to bear in mind. I agree that people would pay for this module because the cost of PCI compliance can be very high.

Post by baronne » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 am

I'm just trying some of these out, I've enabled them all on my test store and I just wanted to point out a possible bug/request:

With Paypal it's got two options:
Credit or Debit Card (Processed securely by PayPal)
PayPal

..which looks fine, but for SagePay you get two entries as follows:
Credit Card / Debit Card (SagePay)
Credit Card / Debit Card (SagePay)

Would it be possible to just get it worded like Paypal and have:
Credit or Debit Card (Processed securely by SagePay)
SagePay

cheers
Baronne

Post by babyewok » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:18 pm

So is there no support for Sagepay Server on Opencart? I have set up a website for a client thinking she had sagepay form (she had no idea) and now she tells me she has Sagepay Server! If I can't get it to work with Sagepay Server then the whole site with opencart is a waste of time!

Has anyone been able to integrate Sagepay server? Help!! :'(

Post by Chris P Duck » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:53 pm

No, there isn't.

I'm still looking into making a module for it but so far I've not had any luck.

There's a PHP integration kit for Sage Pay Server in the developers section of Sage Pay's site, but this isn't specific to Opencart, it's literally just the raw PHP code you'd need to implement it.

I'm hoping I can modify one of the similar modules already in Opencart (e.g. Sage Pay Direct) but it's a lot easier said than done. :-\

Post by twuncher » Fri May 21, 2010 7:39 pm

are there any updates on this? i would be interested in getting this working

Post by AndyGaskell » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Did anyone have any thoughts on this since May? I can see this would be handy, and I'd be happy to write this module if someone would sponsor it's creation. I use the word "sponsor", rather than "pay" as I'd much prefer to write community centric GPL code.

The multiple SagePay options are a bit confusing, but the table at...
http://www.sagepay.com/products_service ... on/compare
...is quite useful.

I'm a web developer at http://www.ssofb.co.uk in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Got a random blog at http://www.andygaskell.blogspot.com/.

Location - Aberdeen UK

Post by toabhishekverma » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 pm

I am too looking for same module.
if its not done yet (i assume), is some one on it??

If its not done, I may go for implementing it.

Post by toabhishekverma » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey AndyGaskell,

Did you get any luck on it? Do you still want it? how much can you sponser?

Post by freshbreeze » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:46 am

I'm seriously considering moving from oscommerce to opencart and am using sagepay "server" with osc.

I would feel like I was taking a backward step to use "form" now and the lack of a sagepay server module (with iframe) is the main thing stopping me from downloading opencart.

Please can anyone advise if there have been any developments on this front? I'm not going to use "direct" due to PCI compliance issue requirements.

I would be happy to contribute some poundage towards the server module but as I'm new here I don't know how that all works yet! Am happy to help test it out.

Fingers crossed.

Location - UK

Post by Bifter » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:24 pm

For anybody interested - I have had this Mod developed and is availible here -> http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4543

Post by Nathasha » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi,

Will this module work for inframe if i change the profile to low?

Post by Nathasha » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:37 am

I am getting the error vendor name not there.IWhat could be the error.When i echo my post its is there.I am using sagepay-server module