Post by matt1982 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi Just wondering if anyone knows the stance with regard to using the UK Paypal Pro and integrating the verified by visa/3d secure checks?

I was under the opinion they had to be done for the UK transactions however I note that paypal pro doesn't do this in OC.

Should I look to integrate these function for the checkout process?

Any thoughts on what other people are doing with regard to WPP UK and their checkouts would be great!

Thanks

Matt

Post by CardinalCommerce » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi Matt,

CardinalCommerce provides the 3-D Secure service to PayPal and their customers. Currently, it is not a requirement for retailers in the UK to perform 3-D Secure on all Visa and MasterCard transactions. However, there is a mandate from MasterCard that if a retailer chooses to accept Maestro Card, SecureCode must be enabled in order for the Maestro card to be authorised.

We have enabled 3-D Secure for roughly 4,000 PayPal retailers located in the UK, Ireland, and western Europe and I would make a rough estimate that 90% of those retailers enabled 3-D Secure for all card types: Visa, MC, and Maestro.

A few main reasons why the retailer would choose to do so:

1) It is a free service to PayPal WPP UK retailers
2) Consumer adoption rate in the UK and EU is very high. We record up to 90% of card holders are enrolled and enter pin code/password during checkout.
3) Fraud Liability Shift. By performing 3-D Secure on all transactions, the liability of fraud chargebacks is shifted from the retailer to the issuing bank and the issuer cannot issue the chargeback from any reason code related to fraud.
4) Ease of integration. Cardinal has successfully integrated 40+ shopping carts in the UK/EU. After registration for the service, which can be done here:

https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/proce ... /index.htm

Select the Maestro Transactions Tab

Account details are configured in the cart admin and the service is then live.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Cheers,

Eric Goodman
CardinalCommerce
egoodman@cardinalcommerce.com

Post by matt1982 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Ahh many thanks for the help and info on this matter.

Could you confirm if there is an integration for the Opencart software?

I would be most interested in getting this into my store.

I will look at signing upto this over the weekend.

Again thanks for the detailed response.

Matthew