Post by lashman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:18 am

HI,
Have installed the Google Checkout Module, completed an order (Live not Sandbox) everything went ok, I the (seller) recieved an email to say I had an order, I recieved notification of the order as the ( Buyer).
It did not pass the shipping cost to the order, it did say UK 1st Class (0.00) which should have been 1.95
Also the order never came to orders in Admin.
Can anyone help who may have had similar problems.
Lashman

Location - North Yorkshire

Post by poorlittlefish » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:14 am

I gave this a go the other day and for me it worked fine, though I opted to set the postage costs at the Google end, rather than in Opencart.

Post by lashman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:04 am

Ok Thanks for that, I will have another go.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:17 am

Google Checkout is a separate checkout procedure, orders are NOT stored in the Opencart database, but rather in the Google system. As for the zero price in your merchant calculated shipping: That looks to me like an issue with your callback URL which needs to be correctly configured in your Google's Settings > Integration > Callback URL.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by lashman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:01 am

Thanks,
The error on Google when I had a look was:

We encountered an error processing your notificatiion acknowledgment. The error we got is; expected serial number was not contained in notification acknowledgment

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Please use the latest Google Checkout module and the correct settings on your Google seller account:
  • Settings > Profile
    • Make sure to use the correct entries and URLs pointing to your OpenCart store for:

General store information
      Customer service information
      Return/Cancellation policy
      Shipping policy

Settings > Tax setup
    • This can remain empty, as this OpenCart module will always send
      its own tax rules along with the shopping cart to the Google Checkout
      payment gateway.
    Settings > Integration
    • This page shows the merchant ID and merchant key which are to be copied
      into OpenCart's Google Checkout module configuration.

Settings > Integration > Shopping cart post security
    • Turned On

Settings > Integration > API callback URL
    • Specify a URL for Google to notify your Opencart server of new orders and changes in order state.

Note: Google doesn't use it for the merchant calculation callbacks, the latter
      must be set on the Opencart site if needed, see section 5) for more details.

This should be a secure URL pointing to the callback function of this Google Checkout module:

https://www.example.com/index.php?route ... t/callback

If your website is on a shared host, find out from your webhost whether they support SSL
      for this. For example, the Hostgator webhosting company offers affordable shared webhosting
      packages (see http://www.mhccorp.com/hostgator.html), including a shared SSL. This is sufficient
      because no critical credit card details are being transmitted between OpenCart and the
      Google Checkout payment gateway. The Hostgator format of the secure URL using the shared SSL
      looks something like this:

https://gatorxxx.hostgator.com/~user-id ... t/callback

where 'gatorxxx' is the name of server machine hosting the website.
    Settings > Integration > Callback contents
    • Notification as XML
    Settings > Integration > API Version
    • Version 2.5
    Settings > Integration > Notification Filtering
    • Turned Off
    Settings > Shipping Setup
    • If no merchant calculated shipping is enabled, then it is possible
      to let Google checkout provide its own shipping calculations.
      These can be configured here.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member