Post by Best4Men » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:24 am

Can I just say THANK YOU to JNeuhoff for upgrading this module. Awesome. Here are my notes (in case anyone searches for these errors) and one question.

Google checkout not available for these items.
Sure enough, check the log files, and it will tell you there is an error.
Follow the instructions and make sure the webserver has permissions for all the files.

No shipping methods get passed to google (They all show up as 0.00)
Once again, read the instructions, and make sure all the files are accessible by the webserver.

The one problem I am having is that USPS shipping option doesn't show up on Google Checkout.
I noticed in the instructions USPS isn't one of the tested/approved shipping methods.
Is there a reason it doesn't work, or is this something I should look into on my system as it works for everyone else?

Thanks again JNeuhoff
Last edited by i2Paq on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

Post by Best4Men » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:09 pm

OK, here is what I think is a bug. I got an order through last night, but google is complaining about it:
We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL,
Time of occurrence: Aug 5, 2010 5:50:39 AM EDT
Error: We encountered an error processing your notification acknowledgment. The error we got is: Expected serial number was not contained in notification acknowledgment.
Warnings:
XML We Received:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><notification-acknowledgment xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2"/>
XML We Sent:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<new-order-notification xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="556{omitted by poster}">
  <buyer-billing-address>
    <email>W {etc.}

I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot this.

I tried going to the call back URL. It asks for a username and password, so I punched in the merchant ID and Key. I then got a "Invalid or not supported Message". I guess this means I have the right U/P in there, and I didn't make a correct call to the callback (expected as I'm a human and not google).

What else do I need to look at?

Thanks

Post by Best4Men » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:12 pm

FYI, I have also re-read the documentation, and confirmed that my Integration settings are correct (XML / 2.5 / etc.)

Post by Best4Men » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:25 am

Somewhat curious if anyone else is having issues with this.

I did some more testing with the sandbox, and determined the only way to get rid of this error is to drop the API version down to 2.2.

I noticed version 2.3 says the following in the changelog:
Require notification acknowledgments to specify the serial number of the notification.
I looked through the code that appears to be doing the acknowledgement, and it doesn't contain the word "Serial" in there at all, nor do any of the files in the system/google/library directory.

I figured that if the module WAS actually answering back with the serial number, the variable might be called "Serial" or something.

Also, are these orders going to show up at all in the "Orders" section of Open Cart at all? Or is ALL order tracking forever done on Google, and opencart doesn't know anything about the order placed?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Best4Men wrote:Somewhat curious if anyone else is having issues with this.

I did some more testing with the sandbox, and determined the only way to get rid of this error is to drop the API version down to 2.2.

I noticed version 2.3 says the following in the changelog:
Require notification acknowledgments to specify the serial number of the notification.
I looked through the code that appears to be doing the acknowledgement, and it doesn't contain the word "Serial" in there at all, nor do any of the files in the system/google/library directory.

I figured that if the module WAS actually answering back with the serial number, the variable might be called "Serial" or something.

Also, are these orders going to show up at all in the "Orders" section of Open Cart at all? Or is ALL order tracking forever done on Google, and opencart doesn't know anything about the order placed?
All order tracking and fullfilment is done through Google, not in Opencart.

As regards the serial number of the notification:

Settings > Integration

and then set your

Callback contents: Notification as XML instead of Notification Serial Number

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Best4Men » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:03 pm

I have confirmed that I have set Notification as XML, and have always had that set.

Anything else?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:28 pm

What's your callback URL? It shoulkd start with 'https://', that is, you have a SSL installed on your server for callbacks from Google.

Other than that, I am not sure why it wouldn't work. I just tested it again in my sandbox account, with API set to the latest 2.5, XML Notitications, and it works fine, so I am unable to reproduce your error.

What's in your system/logs/googlemessage.log ?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Best4Men » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:19 am

My URL is set to this:

https://best4men.com/index.php?route=ch ... t/callback

And I sent you a PM with the entry from my googlemessage.log
Is it supposed to have a reply in there, or just what google sent? Because all I see are the new order notifications.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:54 pm

By default it just logs the messages coming from Google.

I just compared your log file entries with those from mine, and they look similar in format.

Question: Can you test the same setup in a sandbox account and let me know what you get? In order to do so, you'd have to sign up for a separate sandbox account. Maybe it bahaves differently in a sandbox account, it shouldn't, but you never know.

Guru Member

Post by Best4Men » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:14 am

Yeah, I've got the sandbox up an running. I did that a few days ago so I could submit orders to it and experiment. That's how I found the 2.2 AP issue, but have since switched it back since you said it should be at 2.5

Digitally signed cars (Check)
Https
Notify as XMK
Notification filtering (unchecked)

I have verified the google tables are in the database.

I guess I could verify the permissions of all the files I added as part of the module.

Post by Best4Men » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:20 am

Every file *goo* and *gcheck* is -rw-r----- with apache as the owner. Nothing needs a +x does it?

Post by n19bmw » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:00 pm

When i enable google checkout and open my storefront the only thing i see is this error

Error: Table 'n19bmw_ocar149.oc_google_download' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
DELETE FROM `oc_google_download` WHERE `expire` < '1281625111'

once i disable google checkout it works fine, any ideas?

Using 1.48b

Visit http://www.briansaudio.net for all you home electronics needs.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:10 pm

When i enable google checkout and open my storefront the only thing i see is this error
You forgot to create these 2 DB tables as per the instructions in the install.txt.

Guru Member

Post by netpox » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 pm

I am having the same exact error. I keep getting the message from google:

We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL, https://www.mywebsite.com/index.php?rou ... t/callback As a result, you aren't receiving order status, risk, or other notifications.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:01 pm

netpox wrote:I am having the same exact error. I keep getting the message from google:

We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL, https://www.mywebsite.com/index.php?rou ... t/callback As a result, you aren't receiving order status, risk, or other notifications.
Your is a different error.

Have you made sure that a SSL is installed on your server?

Have you configured your Google account to using the correct callback URL?

Guru Member

Post by Best4Men » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:00 am

So I still have my error.
Can you suggest something I can do to debug the problem myself?
Is there anyway to see what is getting sent back to google?
Can I throw a PrintLn (yeah, I think that's pascal, but you get the idea) somewhere?

I've tried re-installing, and that didn't seem to do any good.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:03 am

What's the URL for your store?
What's in your server's system/logs/googlemessage.log?
Have you a correctly installed SSL on your server?

Guru Member

Post by Best4Men » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 pm

The callback URL is: https://best4men.com/index.php?route=ch ... t/callback
The URL for my store is: https://best4men.com/
I'll PM you the entry from my googlemessage.log since it contains some sensitive information
SSL is correctly installed on my server (for the past 3 years).

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Does it work when you use API version 2.2 instead of 2.5 ?

Guru Member

Post by Best4Men » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 am

Yes it does, I'll refer to my posting (in this thread) dated Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:25 pm
Is that what you meant or am I mis-reading your question?

Thanks for the help!