Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Best4Men wrote:Yes it does, I'll refer to my posting (in this thread) dated Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:25 pm
Is that what you meant or am I mis-reading your question?

Thanks for the help!
I think I'll change the documentation recommending the usage of Google's API 2.2 instead of 2.5 for the time being.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by Dusty » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:02 am

Hi,
I have installed this with v1.4.9. So far so good, I'm on local host and just using sandbox. The problem I'm experiencing is getting GC to pick up the shipping costs. I have tried Royal Mail. GC checkout page indicates that shipping is going to be Royal Mail but then shows a value of(£0.00)despite £8.00 being shown in the OC cart. The correct price, description and all other details are shown. I then tried disabling Royal Mail and then configured and enabled weight based shipping. GC opens a drop down box which indicates that "Weight Based Shipping-UK Shipping (£0.00) is selected despite the OC cart indicating £8.00 for shipping. I'm a shopkeeper and pretty new to OC and would greatly appreciate any help available.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:00 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:00 am

Dusty wrote:Hi,
I have installed this with v1.4.9. So far so good, I'm on local host and just using sandbox. The problem I'm experiencing is getting GC to pick up the shipping costs. I have tried Royal Mail. GC checkout page indicates that shipping is going to be Royal Mail but then shows a value of(£0.00)despite £8.00 being shown in the OC cart. The correct price, description and all other details are shown. I then tried disabling Royal Mail and then configured and enabled weight based shipping. GC opens a drop down box which indicates that "Weight Based Shipping-UK Shipping (£0.00) is selected despite the OC cart indicating £8.00 for shipping. I'm a shopkeeper and pretty new to OC and would greatly appreciate any help available.
First of all, I haven't yet ported Google Checkout to Opencart 1.4.9, you will have to wait for a few days till this is done.

Secondly, if you use localhost, merchant calculations won't work, because Google can't call back to your localhost, it is not a public URL.

Thirdly, the Royal Mail shipping method is not yet on my list of officially supported shipping methods.

There is a slightly newer version of Google Checkout which I haven't yet uploaded to the Opencart extensions section, and which I plan to port to Opencart 1.4.9.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by Dusty » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:29 am

Thanks for your reply. I'll just have to be patient. I have used GC for about 3 years with an OSCommerce site and have never bothered with the SSL call back. Basically all I need from GC is the email alerting me to an order and after that I deal with it in my GC merchant centre. When I put it into sandbox mode (or for that matter Live mode) it still emails all the info I need, product name, model, description, size, color, pricing, & shipping cost. It doesn't seem to matter if I was testing on local host or on the server. I think the weight shipping method will probably be what I end up using as I can assign weight values that reflect the price of the goods and thus allow me to build in insured shipping costs for more expensive items going to international destinations. I'll probably give the newer GC version a go tomorrow & post how I get on with it. Thanks again for your assistance.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:00 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Dusty wrote:Thanks for your reply. I'll just have to be patient. I have used GC for about 3 years with an OSCommerce site and have never bothered with the SSL call back. Basically all I need from GC is the email alerting me to an order and after that I deal with it in my GC merchant centre. When I put it into sandbox mode (or for that matter Live mode) it still emails all the info I need, product name, model, description, size, color, pricing, & shipping cost. It doesn't seem to matter if I was testing on local host or on the server. I think the weight shipping method will probably be what I end up using as I can assign weight values that reflect the price of the goods and thus allow me to build in insured shipping costs for more expensive items going to international destinations. I'll probably give the newer GC version a go tomorrow & post how I get on with it. Thanks again for your assistance.

I have now uploaded a new Google Checkout release for Opencart 1.4.9, you may want that one to give it a try.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by Dusty » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:06 pm

I'll give it a go and let you know how it works for me.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:00 am

Post by jdbreckenridge » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks for the plugin JNeuhoff. I have been trying to get the version 1.4.9 working of this plugin for my site and I came across a couple of problems.

Firstly it was generating errors upon callback based on the settings you suggested in the install.txt file. This was due to version 2.5 of the Checkout API requiring the 'serial-number' to be passed back on the acknowledgement. I fixed this by adding the following code on line 383 (/catalog/controller/checkout/gcheckout.php):

Code: Select all

$gSerialNumber = $data[$root]['serial-number'];
Then changing every:

Code: Select all

$response->SendAck();
To:

Code: Select all

$response->SendAck($gSerialNumber);
This fixed most of the error's but I was still getting one error reported in Google Checkout and had to add the following to the callback switch:

Code: Select all

case "authorization-amount-notification": {
	$response->SendAck($gSerialNumber);
	break;
}
The other problem I am currently having is the sales are not being reported in the Open Cart system. Any idea's on why this is? I am running version 1.4.9.1 of OpenCart if that helps.


Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:16 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:59 am

Sales aren't reported to Opencart, other than the new-order-notification from Google, which only stores the order reference into the database so that when the user comes back to Opencart the shopping cart can be cleared. The actual order fulfilment, to be don by the store owner, takes places through the Google Seller account, not through Opencart. However, I am planning to integrate a stock level update into Opencart soon.

As regards your suggested fix with the serial-number:
Were you using the

Settings > Integration > Callback contents: Notification as XML
Settings > Integration > API Version: 2.5

when you encountered the problems with the serial-number?

Or was your serial-number problem caused because you were using different settings?

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by jdbreckenridge » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:12 pm

I was using those settings in Google Checkout. The errors were not flagged up in Opencart but they did get emailed to the account owner and appear in the Google Checkout's admin console under Google Checkout -> Tools -> Integration Console.

This is where you will see them if they are happening for you. The edit's I have made fixed the callback so now I am error free in the Integration Console. :-)

Have you ever tried to integrate the Google Analytics for Google Checkout as detailed here (http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/de ... ation.html) with your plugin?


Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:16 am

Post by SashaG » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:50 am

Hey guys,

First and foremost, thanks to JNeuhoff for creating this module. I'm a noob to OpenCart and to Google Checkout. I've been following this thread as I try to set it up, and am getting similar results as jdbreckenridge. Everything was set up based on the install.txt - the problem is that when a user goes back to my site, their cart is still full. The only error messages I am finding are under Google Checkout -> Tools -> Intergration Center. This is the error description:
We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://selfmadecowboy.com/index.php?ro ... t/callback -- the error we got is Send failed with code: 401. Response body was: Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers
Any thoughts about what I may be missing or messing up?

Thanks and Cheers

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:06 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 pm

jdbreckenridge wrote:I was using those settings in Google Checkout. The errors were not flagged up in Opencart but they did get emailed to the account owner and appear in the Google Checkout's admin console under Google Checkout -> Tools -> Integration Console.

This is where you will see them if they are happening for you. The edit's I have made fixed the callback so now I am error free in the Integration Console. :-)

Have you ever tried to integrate the Google Analytics for Google Checkout as detailed here (http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/de ... ation.html) with your plugin?
I have now included your suggested fixes with the serial-number in the Google Checkout module for 1.4.9.x. The Google API 2.5 should now be correctly supported. Also, the automatic Opencart stock level update is now fixed, too.

The supported Google API for Opencart 1.4.8 is 2.2. The documentation has been updated accordingly.

As regards your suggestion to integrate Google Analytics: Sounds interesting, I need to try it out.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

SashaG wrote:Hey guys,

First and foremost, thanks to JNeuhoff for creating this module. I'm a noob to OpenCart and to Google Checkout. I've been following this thread as I try to set it up, and am getting similar results as jdbreckenridge. Everything was set up based on the install.txt - the problem is that when a user goes back to my site, their cart is still full. The only error messages I am finding are under Google Checkout -> Tools -> Intergration Center. This is the error description:
We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://selfmadecowboy.com/index.php?ro ... t/callback -- the error we got is Send failed with code: 401. Response body was: Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers
Any thoughts about what I may be missing or messing up?

Thanks and Cheers
I think yours is a different problem. Please use our latest Google Checkout for 1.4.8 which we updated today with some bugfixes. In your Google Settings > Integration use API 2.2, not 2.5!

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by SashaG » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 am

I'm actually using 1.4.9 from your website. I do have 1.4.8, how should I go about downgrading?

Will implement tonight and get back to you.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:06 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:08 am

SashaG wrote:I'm actually using 1.4.9 from your website. I do have 1.4.8, how should I go about downgrading?

Will implement tonight and get back to you.

Thanks for the prompt reply!
We have an upgraded version for 1.4.9.x, too. That one uses the Google API 2.5, to be set in your
Settings > Integration
of your Google account.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by SashaG » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:14 am

What would be the best way to upgrade / downgrade. I originally had 1.4.8 and simply copied the 1.4.9.x files over the 1.4.8 files. I did not do anything with the databases to upgrade from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9.x because everything seemed to be working.

Maybe this is were the mistake is? Becauses currently I amr unning 1.4.9.x with Google API v2.5 and no dice.

Something else I noticed. When I copy/paste the https://.../index.php?route=checkout/gcheckout/callback into my browser, I get a message asking me for a username/pass. This is not something I remember setting up. Could this be causing the error?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:06 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:42 pm

First of all, you should overwrite your Google Checkout module files with those from the correct version.

As regards your 401 error: Your secure URL for the callback should NOT use basic authentication, please remove it from your web server.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by SashaG » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:59 am

JNeuhoff wrote:First of all, you should overwrite your Google Checkout module files with those from the correct version.

As regards your 401 error: Your secure URL for the callback should NOT use basic authentication, please remove it from your web server.

The weird thing is I have not set any basic authentications. I'm using GoDaddy Shared Hosting so it is a bit confusing (compared to CPanel, imo), but I have not set any permissions there as well.

I've tried all combinations of v1.4.8, v1.4.9.x, API 2.2 and API 2.5 and still no dice.

I do have s noob question that may help solve this issue. When I go to http://www. ... .com/index.php?route=checkout/gcheckout/callback - I get a prompt asking for a username/pass. Does Merchant ID / Merchant Key represent the username / pass? Because that is not working when I have my regular, or sandboxed accounts set up.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:06 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:11 pm

The server shouldn't prompt your for a username and password. If the callback handler detects that the request comes in as a HTTP GET instead of an HTTP POST, it just re-directs to the home page and does nothing.

I think you should switch your web host to something better, e.g. Hostgator.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by SashaG » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:36 am

I think you're right about switching hosting. Godaddy's hosting is making it difficult to do anything other than run a plain vanilla static webpage.

I will follow up on this thread with an update once I switch hosting.

In the meantime, thanks for all the help :)

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:06 am

Post by tvieira24 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:26 am

I get this message when going to my call back URL:

Notice: Undefined index: in /home/tvieira2/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/gcheckout.php on line 384Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tvieira2/public_html/index.php:92) in /home/tvieira2/public_html/system/google/library/googleresponse.php on line 146Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tvieira2/public_html/index.php:92) in /home/tvieira2/public_html/system/google/library/googleresponse.php on line 147Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

I'm also getting this message from Google when orders are placed:

We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL, https://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/index.php?r ... t/callback As a result, you aren't receiving order status, risk, or other notifications.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:04 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests