Post by datacon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:32 am

Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for a modification I am trying to achieve with Q's Request Quote Mod.

The prices are hidden for all products store wide with a flick of a switch in admin. However, I only really want the prices to be hidden in the front end. Basically our inquiry system works like this....A customer browses the website of products, adds the products he is interested in to their cart, then submits enquiry. A staff member will see their enquiry, and then custom quote them the prices for each product with a total amount. This can be done with the order edit in 1.4.8 and works ok normally except when the request quote is activated, the values entered in the order edit screen once the order is SAVED, is not visible in the admin order screen again. I can confirm the values DO GET SAVED in the database, but they are not displayed in the admin. I would like these values to be displayed in the admin, and also in the customer account order history. That way the customer can login and see their quoted prices relating to the inquiry they made. And then the admin can print a invoice/quote as PDF with the prices displaying and then send it to the customer in an email.

Q I think this code has something to do with the prices being shown and not shown (mod to the core). Could you please tell me how I can achieve keeping the current hide prices layout, but make an exception and SHOW THE PRICE to the order screen in ADMIN and to the my account screen in CUSTOMER ORDER HISTORY?

system/library/currency.php

Code: Select all

//Q: Added for Request Quote mod.
		if ($this->config->get('request_quote_status')) {
			$trace = debug_backtrace();
			if (isset($trace[1]) && $trace[1]['class'] == 'ControllerProductProduct') { //Product page
				return "";
			} elseif (isset($trace[1]) && $trace[1]['class'] == 'ControllerCheckoutConfirm') { //Confirmation page
				return "";
			} elseif (isset($trace[1]) && $trace[1]['class'] == 'ControllerModuleCart') { //Cart sidebox
				return "";
			} elseif (isset($trace[1]) && $trace[1]['class'] == 'ControllerCheckoutCart') { //Cart page
				return "";
			} elseif (isset($trace[1]) && $trace[1]['class'] == 'ModelCheckoutOrder') { //Email
				return "--";
			} elseif (isset($trace[1]) && strpos($trace[1]['class'], 'ModelTotal') !== false) { //Order totals.
				return "--";
			} else {
				return "";	
			}
		} else {
			return $string;	
		}//
Any help would be appreciated.

I posted this here in case any one else will need to use this modification in the same circumstance like me.

Attachments

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG (56.72 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

Post by afendio » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:11 pm

i have the same problem too..

Location - Malaysia