Post by protechtrader » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:20 am

Hello,

Running opencart 1.5.6 the default paypal express module always writes 2 lines of code to my error log I would like to resolve. Log entries and related code are below. I see it is related to the IPN callback, but it dose not seem to be any issue that happens causing it to make this error, it seems like it is just doing it on every transaction like it is not a error and is just logging itself. Anyway researching I have seen many reporting this issue, but no fixes for it. Can anyone tell me a safe way to modify this to make it not report this to the error log (assuming it is not really a problem). Even if it went to it's own log that works too.

Thanks!

Error Log Entries:
2013-12-05 7:04:43 - Transaction exists
2013-12-05 7:04:43 -

Related Code from /catalog/controller/payment/pp_express.php:

Code: Select all

if($transaction != false){
                //transaction exists, check for cleared payment or updates etc
                $this->log->write('Transaction exists');

Post by protechtrader » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for me on this? Can i easily just have it written to a different log other then error, or is the required there? From what I understand this message is normal and not actually a error, correct?

Post by protechtrader » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi again, anyone happen to have any thoughts on this?

I have read 100s of posts with people stating the same thing, but I couldn't fine one where someone fixed it or even posted a solution besides ignoring it. Any help is appreciated!

Post by Tom Cat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 am

I have just upgraded to Version 1.5.6.1 and get the same error everytime someone makes a purchase.

PayPal have been helping me upgrade my OC webshop so I will see if they can help.

Post by James » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:02 pm

This is not an error, it is debug information. You can safely comment this out in the code so it doesn't show in your log.

Change any line (which writes to the log) to have 2 slashes at the start:

$this->log->write(......
becomes:
//$this->log->write(......

I would advise not to remove the lines of code as if you ever need to debug your PayPal payments from the IPN you just need to uncomment them.

I will add an update to this to wrap the required log lines in the config check - do it will only write to the log if you have debug mode enabled.

Location - Leeds, UK