Post by SpannerMagnet » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi guys,

I'm running OpenCart 1.5.4 with the 3D Secure for PayPal Website Payment Pro extension enabled. However, recently it has stopped working just after completing the verification stage during check-out. I noticed someone else has raised that there is a fault with this extension (See latest comment on the link above).

I recently received the following email, so need to have 3D secure enabled in the check-out:
The Second Payment Services Directive or PSD2 as implemented in European and UK law requires all in-scope merchants to enable 3D Secure (3DS) in their checkout to ensure they can continue to process card payments.
Is there a different extension that can be used instead? Should the default PayPal payment method not include this security feature?

Thank you.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by straightlight » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:36 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:30 pm
Hi guys,

I'm running OpenCart 1.5.4 with the 3D Secure for PayPal Website Payment Pro extension enabled. However, recently it has stopped working just after completing the verification stage during check-out. I noticed someone else has raised that there is a fault with this extension (See latest comment on the link above).

I recently received the following email, so need to have 3D secure enabled in the check-out:
The Second Payment Services Directive or PSD2 as implemented in European and UK law requires all in-scope merchants to enable 3D Secure (3DS) in their checkout to ensure they can continue to process card payments.
Is there a different extension that can be used instead? Should the default PayPal payment method not include this security feature?

Thank you.
Aside to know if there's a different extension that can be used, contact the extension developer to resolve this issue with the current extension.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:43 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:30 pm
Hi guys,

I'm running OpenCart 1.5.4 with the 3D Secure for PayPal Website Payment Pro extension enabled. However, recently it has stopped working just after completing the verification stage during check-out. I noticed someone else has raised that there is a fault with this extension (See latest comment on the link above).

I recently received the following email, so need to have 3D secure enabled in the check-out:
The Second Payment Services Directive or PSD2 as implemented in European and UK law requires all in-scope merchants to enable 3D Secure (3DS) in their checkout to ensure they can continue to process card payments.
Is there a different extension that can be used instead? Should the default PayPal payment method not include this security feature?

Thank you.
It could be that they are now enforcing 3DS 2.0 and the extension doesn't support it. Have you contacted the developer?
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

There is a later version of PayPal Pro with 3DS 2.0. Not for 1.5.x, but could be back ported.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36771
Last edited by ADD Creative on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

www.add-creative.co.uk


Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am
Location - United Kingdom

Post by SpannerMagnet » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:14 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:43 pm
SpannerMagnet wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:30 pm
Hi guys,

I'm running OpenCart 1.5.4 with the 3D Secure for PayPal Website Payment Pro extension enabled. However, recently it has stopped working just after completing the verification stage during check-out. I noticed someone else has raised that there is a fault with this extension (See latest comment on the link above).

I recently received the following email, so need to have 3D secure enabled in the check-out:
The Second Payment Services Directive or PSD2 as implemented in European and UK law requires all in-scope merchants to enable 3D Secure (3DS) in their checkout to ensure they can continue to process card payments.
Is there a different extension that can be used instead? Should the default PayPal payment method not include this security feature?

Thank you.
It could be that they are now enforcing 3DS 2.0 and the extension doesn't support it. Have you contacted the developer?
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

There is a later version of PayPal Pro with 3DS 2.0. Not for 1.5.x, but could be back ported.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=18264
I've contacted the developer, but have yet to receive a response.

That link appears to be the same extension that I purchased. According to the compatibility chart, 1.5.4 should be OK?

Attachments

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 15.12.21.png

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 15.12.21.png (54.39 KiB) Viewed 1014 times


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am
Location - United Kingdom

Post by SpannerMagnet » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Thanks. That looks like it could do the trick!

Do you think it would be easier to back-port this to 1.5.4 or upgrade to a newer version of OpenCart?
If the later, which version of OC should I upgrade to?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:16 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 pm
Thanks. That looks like it could do the trick!

Do you think it would be easier to back-port this to 1.5.4 or upgrade to a newer version of OpenCart?
If the later, which version of OC should I upgrade to?
The latest OC version, at this time, is: v3.0.3.8 .

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by SpannerMagnet » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 pm

3.0.3.8 isn't mentioned on the list of compatible versions though. Would it definitely work and is jumping from 1.5.4 to 3.0.3.8 doable?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 pm
3.0.3.8 isn't mentioned on the list of compatible versions though. Would it definitely work and is jumping from 1.5.4 to 3.0.3.8 doable?
No. Extensions needs to be updated with that range. You can also use the free import / export tool to re-integrate the most important assets on your database: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17 .

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:51 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 pm
Thanks. That looks like it could do the trick!

Do you think it would be easier to back-port this to 1.5.4 or upgrade to a newer version of OpenCart?
If the later, which version of OC should I upgrade to?
That depends of how completed your store is and what data you need to keep. If you have a lot of extensions, custom theme or custom modifications, these are unlikely to be compatible with version 2 or 3.

www.add-creative.co.uk


Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am
Location - United Kingdom

Post by SpannerMagnet » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:43 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm
SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 pm
3.0.3.8 isn't mentioned on the list of compatible versions though. Would it definitely work and is jumping from 1.5.4 to 3.0.3.8 doable?
No. Extensions needs to be updated with that range. You can also use the free import / export tool to re-integrate the most important assets on your database: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17 .
Does the upgrade processes not retain all products, categories etc?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by straightlight » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:43 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm
SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 pm
3.0.3.8 isn't mentioned on the list of compatible versions though. Would it definitely work and is jumping from 1.5.4 to 3.0.3.8 doable?
No. Extensions needs to be updated with that range. You can also use the free import / export tool to re-integrate the most important assets on your database: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17 .
Does the upgrade processes not retain all products, categories etc?
Depending on how many extensions on top of the core have been installed. Which is why, there are no promises on that while better promises can be provided to the people when installing a fresh OC version and re-integrate the data based on the extensions that's been either downloaded or purchased prior to re-download them to maintain the flexibility of their stores.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests