Post by spycentre » Sat May 11, 2013 2:46 am

i have sent you a pm burley

Post by spycentre » Wed May 22, 2013 6:31 am

Still nothing, this is very frustrating. Is their anyone that can help with this issue?

Post by expandatrack » Wed May 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi there,
considering purchasing for my website
only have 2 questions.
1/when customer picks different color of an item can the pic update with their choice?
2/Can it calculate different values asked by a previous customer-the link-
http://www.cortinadecor.com/productos/1 ... 6t%3D92650

As we sell curtains/tracks and blinds- can it do these things?
cheers
Gary

Post by burley » Wed May 22, 2013 8:52 pm

You can buy, but support is very restricted if any at all! So think before buying!!! The designer is not responding to any form of contact at this moment.

Your questions;
1. Don't know, this is not currently in the module. So you'll have to design it yourself.
2. Could you explain more?

Post by expandatrack » Thu May 23, 2013 11:30 am

hi there, thanks burley for responding,
we need customers to come to our site- and when they purchase a roller blind...
1/they input their size(width and height) and it will detect price.
2/they pick color(from list of color boxes)(picture updates with new color)
3/ they also pick chain and bottom rail color (picture updates with new color)
4/they go to checkout

can you help with this?

Post by burley » Thu May 23, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm sorry to say I'm not capable to help out in this. My code knowledge is just too little. I would love to if I could :'(

1/they input their size(width and height) and it will detect price. this should be no problem
2/they pick color(from list of color boxes)(picture updates with new color) this should be no problem, however product pic does not update with current mod
3/ they also pick chain and bottom rail color (picture updates with new color) this should be no problem, however product pic does not update with current mod
4/they go to checkout you mean add to basket then go to checkout

Post by spycentre » Sat May 25, 2013 2:53 am

Almost two months now AND NO SUPPORT! Even after multiple attempts to contact. So Yeah Be careful before you buy it. I seem to have wasted 45 bucks. Just farted in the wind. I must say though when i first had an issue they were on it the same hour i posted it, Only to find out i was using the wrong version of open cart ( yes that was my fault). But a week later when I corrected it, nothing.

Post by spycentre » Sat May 25, 2013 3:35 am

I do know that it has something to do with the product_design_override.xml in the vqmod folder in my case, The back end works as expected, but with the front end of my store is blank until i remove that file.

Post by expandatrack » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:12 pm

I have finally found a company that will make an extension for $300 to my very specs. And I can use it for other products also. I have searched high and low but no extension exists. The only way to get anything like this properly to get someone to make it for you. Pay half to start and other half once you test it and are happy with the result. The only way to go...

Post by papteam » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi;

I Got this error:

Notice: Error: Table 'xxxx_xxx.oc_template' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT `template_id`, `name`, `filename` FROM oc_template ORDER BY name ASC in /home/xxxx/domains/xxxxx.xx/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 50

How to fix?

using; 1.5.5.1

EDIT: Fixed ;)

Post by mlewy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:31 am

papteam wrote:Hi;

I Got this error:

Notice: Error: Table 'xxxx_xxx.oc_template' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT `template_id`, `name`, `filename` FROM oc_template ORDER BY name ASC in /home/xxxx/domains/xxxxx.xx/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 50

How to fix?

using; 1.5.5.1

EDIT: Fixed ;)
Hi,
how you solved this problem, becouse I have the same error.

Thanks

Post by t3chie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi, follow these instructions.

1. Go to Extensions >> Modules in your admin panel - search for Design and click on Install

2. After install head to usergroups and set permissions >> you can do that by selecting the super administrator group and click on select all and after that save;

3. System >> Design >> Templates and click on Insert >> enter this in path: newproduct.tpl and give it a title

4. Repeat the previous step for newproduct_vertical and give it a title

5. Done!

Post by cwdltd » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Hello there;

There seems to be a load of issues with Product Configuration Extension :crazy:

Admin wise:
1 You are FORCED to select a load of Previous Options as the Parent Option, rather than a simple ANY.

2 If you neglect to choose a Parent Option and save after adding a trillion options it simply removes any Parent Option from being visible, meaning each sub option you added (ie potentially 25 colours) need to be re-added with a Parent Option selected.

3 No option to change prices based on quantity of options, it's simply a one off - there's no logic to get the value from a previous option and multiply it by that, (ie a product wants to be printed on the back AND front with a 1 off charge per item, example an extra 25p per item) when using pre-defined quantity options in the configurator.

4 No option to re-order Options (most likely due to the crazy way of how you need to define a parent option! Meaning if a customer or yourself wishes to add a new option as the second or first option on a list of 10options you need to sit there and re add 8 options with all its suboptions, ie colour: 25colours, size: 9 sizes, etc etc... A hella' lot of time required and rather badly thought about. ???

Frontend Wise:
1 There is what seems to be a huge flaw with the working of the extension; an example would be that you add an option, add another option - then go hmmmm, I want to change a previous option - you go back and change a previous option and instead of removing your previous choice it simply re-adds the new option. This is a rather huge flaw! ???

2 There is no logic to the next, previous and reset buttons, meaning if there is no next; next still displays instead of having a simple "Add to Cart".

3 No option to only display price when all options were selected.

I'm guessing even though I paid for this full amount and it's now apparently available for free with no support I'm up the creek without a paddle! However; anyone expert enough with this plugin who can sit and make the changes for me and bundle it up into an extension I can re-use should I ever need to fixing the issues I've stated above is more than welcome to PM Me a quote and I shall more than likely have to have it done.

Post by x15pa3ck15x » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Hello, I have this installed this module. It is perfect, thank you. But I have one problem. How do I change list view to grid view. Please can you help me? My modified configurator is here http://novy.nabytokpoprad.sk/index.php? ... duct_id=69 I´m from Slovakia, sorry for my bad english :)

Post by x15pa3ck15x » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Hello, I´ve installed this module. It´s great, thank you. But, I´ve one problem. How do I change list view to grid view? My modified module is here

Code: Select all

http://novy.nabytokpoprad.sk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=69
Sorry for my bad English, I´m from Slovakia. :)

Post by cwdltd » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:52 am

xxxxxx

So it functions like this?
Last edited by cwdltd on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by x15pa3ck15x » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:12 pm

exactly how I wanted it

Post by cwdltd » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Requires a lot of CSS coding, that's something we've done ourselves, pretty much ripped the code they author did apart and for some of it start from scratch, be aware that it uses jQueryUI so there was "themes" for that about, we wanted something purely custom though.

Post by x15pa3ck15x » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:50 pm

I was inspired on your site, thanks very much :) http://novy.nabytokpoprad.sk/index.php? ... duct_id=62

Post by cwdltd » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:52 pm

x15pa3ck15x wrote:I was inspired on your site, thanks very much :) http://novy.nabytokpoprad.sk/index.php? ... duct_id=62
Did you take the code from the website we are developing?