Post by radioman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi

I am using this extension on 1.5.4.1 and it works fine.

However, I also have the UKSB Google feed installed and this extension adds extra fields to the product and category table.

I want to include these in the export and import (since they get over-written by an import).

Can you advise which files need amending please?

Thanks

Dale

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 am

You only need to modify the file admin/model/tool/export.php, for the following methods:

storeProductsIntoDatabase
uploadProducts
validateProducts
populateProductsWorksheet

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by ChristiG » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello guys,

I'm using OC 1.5.3.1 and Import/Export tool and I'm facing the following problem: I can export the database correctly, I can open the file with Excel correctly, but when I want to import the data to my store, after I click import button, appears a white window seems nothing happening further.
This was a test with 25 prods, so I think it is not a problem of memory.
Can U help me, pls?

Post by junfan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello,

Since some days i try to use this tool without any success.

I have no error, but at the beginning it was import nothing and delete my previous products.

Now it still delete my products, but insert just the last line of my excel file...

So i have two question :
1) How can i do for the import ?
2) Is it normal that the tool delete the products before import (differents product), so how to do if i want just update a column, like quantity ?

Thanks ! ;)

PS : My Opencart version is the last one 1.5.4.1 in french, with vqmod installed and opencart-1-5-4-x-export-import-13

Post by junfan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Hello,

Since some days i try to use this tool without any success.

I have no error, but at the beginning it was import nothing and delete my previous products.

Now it still delete my products, but insert just the last line of my excel file...

So i have two question :
1) How can i do for the import ?
2) Is it normal that the tool delete the products before import (differents product), so how to do if i want just update a column, like quantity ?

Thanks ! ;)

PS : My Opencart version is the last one 1.5.4.1 in french, with vqmod installed and opencart-1-5-4-x-export-import-13

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:20 pm

These same questions have been asked repeatedly.

The Import always first deletes all existing products and categories on the database.

If you get an error or a blank screen, the first thing to do is to check all the error logs, e.g. OpenCart's system/logs/error.txt, or your sever's error_log.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by junfan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks for your answer.

I haven't any error and i haven't any blank screen. I have a success message, but only the last row of my excel file is record.

Any idea ?

EDIT : I can't check my errors log now... i tell you later what about the logs...
Thanks

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm

junfan wrote:Thanks for your answer.

I haven't any error and i haven't any blank screen. I have a success message, but only the last row of my excel file is record.

Any idea ?

EDIT : I can't check my errors log now... i tell you later what about the logs...
Thanks
No idea, unable to reproduce your error.

Guru Member

Post by ukgamingpcs » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:11 am

Hi

Can you help please im using OC 1.5.4 on a fresh install with this module

When i export the products and edit them then import the file it works file . But when i try and add my own products and import the same file it say incorrect format .

Can any one help ive tried every thing its driving me mad now :)

Ive the csv file with all the products on can anyone make it to work with OC please

Many Thanks

Post by ukgamingpcs » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:56 am

hi

Can anyone help im running OC 1.5.4. with this module with a fresh install

The module looks like its working fine . But when i import the file i get error message .. Could not retrieve table.

Ive attached the file im using if anyone can tell me were im going wrong that would be great

Many Thanks

Post by Astroloco » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 am

In first place, thanks for giving this great tool for free.

In second, my xml file is corrupted due to the lenght of my product descriptions. I edited the code so the tool doesnt export the product descriptions, and the generated file comes fines (i dont need to edit descriptions in the xml).

The problem is that i cant export it back... db seems to corrupt or it doesnt work.
Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Post by junfan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:47 am

Hello JNeuhoff,
I test again and now it's working !

I tried it again just before with the same file...
I think it didn't work before because of my hosting. Because in the error log there was a message about disk space.

Normally i have an unlimited disk space hosting, but it seems that it's not every time !

So i'm sorry for the inconvenience...

Bye ;)

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:30 am

Hi junfan,

Glad to hear you got it to work now. Check your cPanel (if you have one with your webhost), normally it tells you the remaining free disk space on the left column.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:33 am

ukgamingpcs wrote:hi

The module looks like its working fine . But when i import the file i get error message .. Could not retrieve table.

Ive attached the file im using if anyone can tell me were im going wrong that would be great

Many Thanks
Yours is a totally wrong spreadsheet format, it won't import. Are you sure you are talking about the free Export/Import tool?

Guru Member

Post by Astroloco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 am

JNeuhoff:

In first place, thanks for giving this great tool for free.

In second, my xml file is corrupted due to the lenght of my product descriptions. I edited the code so the tool doesnt export the product descriptions, and the generated file comes fines (i dont need to edit descriptions in the xml).

The problem is that i cant export it back... db seems to corrupt or it doesnt work.
Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:22 am

Astroloco wrote: In second, my xml file is corrupted due to the lenght of my product descriptions. I edited the code so the tool doesnt export the product descriptions, and the generated file comes fines (i dont need to edit descriptions in the xml).
Thanks.
The Export/Import tool requires the exact format to be kept, and it has to be an XLS file, not XML!

Guru Member

Post by mayanktechpro » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:29 pm

I've done modifications in your extension and applied it for each products, categories and specials

Getting Error in System/logs/error.txt when exporting 8000+ products,

As after doing modification, it will better export the file as the file size will become less

2012-11-01 12:54:45 - PHP Notice: Error: Incorrect key file for table '/home/mysqltmp/#sql_285a_0.MYI'; try to repair it<br />Error No: 126<br />SELECT p.product_id, pd.name, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT CAST(pc.category_id AS CHAR(11)) SEPARATOR "," ) AS categories, p.sku, p.upc, p.location, p.quantity, p.model, m.name AS manufacturer, p.image AS image_name, p.shipping, p.price, p.points, p.date_added, p.date_modified, p.date_available, p.weight, wc.unit, p.length, p.width, p.height, p.status, p.tax_class_id, p.viewed, p.sort_order, pd.language_id, ua.keyword, pd.description, pd.meta_description, pd.meta_keyword, p.stock_status_id, mc.unit AS length_unit, p.subtract, p.minimum, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT CAST(pr.related_id AS CHAR(11)) SEPARATOR "," ) AS related, GROUP_CONCAT( DISTINCT pt.tag SEPARATOR "," ) AS tags FROM `oc_product` p LEFT JOIN `oc_product_description` pd ON p.product_id=pd.product_id AND pd.language_id=1 LEFT JOIN `oc_product_to_category` pc ON p.product_id=pc.product_id LEFT JOIN `oc_url_alias` ua ON ua.query=CONCAT('product_id=',p.product_id) LEFT JOIN `oc_manufacturer` m ON m.manufacturer_id = p.manufacturer_id LEFT JOIN `oc_weight_class_description` wc ON wc.weight_class_id = p.weight_class_id AND wc.language_id=1 LEFT JOIN `oc_length_class_description` mc ON mc.length_class_id=p.length_class_id AND mc.language_id=1 LEFT JOIN `oc_product_related` pr ON pr.product_id=p.product_id LEFT JOIN `oc_product_tag` pt ON pt.product_id=p.product_id AND pt.language_id=1 GROUP BY p.product_id ORDER BY p.product_id, pc.category_id; in /home/mygrahak/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Post by Astroloco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm

My mistake, i mean it's an xls.

I only modified the code to avoid exporting product descriptions, which generated a much smaller file. But the problem it/s i can't export it back without damaging database.

Post by junfan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi JNeuhoff,

In fact, my webhoster explained that it was a synchronization disks' problem. So i couldn't saw any "full disk" information in the cpanel...

See u
Bye

Post by ukgamingpcs » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
ukgamingpcs wrote:hi

Many Thanks
Yours is a totally wrong spreadsheet format, it won't import. Are you sure you are talking about the free Export/Import tool?
Hi JNeuhoff

Thanks for your reply

Yes i have the right module . is there away to convert the file to the right format ? All i have done is exported the products edited it and saved . Im editing it with MS excel

Do you know were im going wrong

Many Thanks