Post by caseyfaber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:59 am

Yes, I did, they are all 1 - which is what they were with the first export, and when I re-export it they are all set to 0. Should they say "true" instead of 1?

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:34 am

caseyfaber wrote:Yes, I did, they are all 1 - which is what they were with the first export, and when I re-export it they are all set to 0. Should they say "true" instead of 1?
Try 'true' instead of '1'.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by caseyfaber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:07 am

That works, which is good. The problem with that is I need it so my client can just export the file, then change things he needs to change, then re-import it. Since it exports with values of "1" not "true" that doesn't work. This is the case with the category "status enabled", category "top" and products "status enabled". That is how it worked on previous versions I've used. For now I just changed the model file myself, but thought you'd like to know since I do think that is the intended behavior.

Thanks for the quick help!
Casey

Post by butte » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:17 am

barnone, why not just make a new set of categories as Parents, also Top if you wish, and give them manufacturer names, then assign products to those, so that if a customer who want to see them that way can.

If you bring down a fresh Export when you have set known selections in admin by hand, then you can review settings made and cell formats. Set values should be consistent, such as for Enabled or category assignments, and for true/false alternatives. The CELL (field record intersect) formats should be consistent up and down through their FIELDS (columns). Notice especially the cell formats.

If you poke into the spreadsheet 0 or 1 or true or false by hand, then cell formats such as general can interfere with what is supposed to be there. Compare formats when you are done with formats that came down fresh as Exports. When mysql wants a pure integer and expects 0 or 1, pure and simple, the cell format(such as general) can mean, in effect, that the "1" you see means text one to the machine rather than numerical 1 the way the machine expects to see it.

If what you did on your own machine readying for the next Import does not match the known good Exported spreadsheet, such as where numbers are not aligned the same way, then copy a known good cell from the Export and paste its Format Only into the correct column range in the Import being readied.

There may well be version as well as table differences between the alternatives true/false and the alternatives 0/1 instead. Virtually none of us will interminably remember which are where. That sort of thing is why there is an array of tools for specific OC versions ranges.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:34 am

caseyfaber wrote:That works, which is good. The problem with that is I need it so my client can just export the file, then change things he needs to change, then re-import it. Since it exports with values of "1" not "true" that doesn't work. This is the case with the category "status enabled", category "top" and products "status enabled". That is how it worked on previous versions I've used. For now I just changed the model file myself, but thought you'd like to know since I do think that is the intended behavior.

Thanks for the quick help!
Casey
I am unable to reproduce your problem because the Export always generates 'true' or 'false', not '1' or '0', for the 'status enabled' column in the 'Categories' or 'Products' worksheet.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by caseyfaber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 am

Hmm, that's funny. I just reinstalled the 1.5.6 version just in case and it always outputs 1 or 0. Is the correct version uploaded on the OpenCart site?

I tried to put it on my demo site so you could test it there, but apparently that server doesn't have ZipArchive installed, so I have to fix that first before you could test it there. However, I downloaded the 1.5.6 version straight from OpenCart, installed it on a fresh OpenCart install, and pressed export, and I got all 1s in those fields.

Post by butte » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:37 am

If the compression library on the other server is uninstalled, improperly installed, not enabled, or stuck in safe mode, then ask support to remedy that, unless it is dedicated and in your own lap.

If the client is not spreadsheet savvy, then a spreadsheet macro to reset between true/false and 0/1 pairs should still be simple enough not only to run, but also to understand how and why to run, just after Open or just before Save as the case(s) may be. Above, "Try 'true' instead of '1'," resulted in, "That works, which is good. The problem with that is I need it so my client can just export the file, then change things he needs to change, then re-import it." Be sure that your client understands to back up the database or at least the affected tables at intervals that will give you means to fix it (yet again).

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:19 am

caseyfaber wrote:Hmm, that's funny. I just reinstalled the 1.5.6 version just in case and it always outputs 1 or 0. Is the correct version uploaded on the OpenCart site?

I tried to put it on my demo site so you could test it there, but apparently that server doesn't have ZipArchive installed, so I have to fix that first before you could test it there. However, I downloaded the 1.5.6 version straight from OpenCart, installed it on a fresh OpenCart install, and pressed export, and I got all 1s in those fields.
Lines 1932 and 2165 in file admin/model/tool/export.php contain this for the Categories and Products worksheet:

$this->setCell( $worksheet, $i, $j++, ($row['status']==0) ? "false" : "true", $textFormat );

So sorry, there is no way you can end up with a '0' or '1'!

Guru Member

Post by myfgdesigns.com » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:34 am

I am using Export/Import option by JNeuhoff.

I have no problem downloading excel to my computer. But when I imported the data file, it does not show any images in the product section.

Any suggestions?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:21 pm

myfgdesigns.com wrote:I am using Export/Import option by JNeuhoff.

I have no problem downloading excel to my computer. But when I imported the data file, it does not show any images in the product section.

Any suggestions?
We can't help you, unless you give us some more details.

Guru Member

Post by stevenwba » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:06 am

Hi,

Ive just installed the import/export tool for 1.5.6.

But i cant see anywhere in my admin menu to use it, where will i find the module?

Regards

Post by Cue4cheap » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:28 am

If you installed it properly it is in you admin under "system" and should be listed as export/import.
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by butte » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:34 am

A point that bears emphasis is cell format in Excel. As I've noted a few times, if any cell in a field (column) does not have proper format, its record (row) will be affected, notably in numerical format of IDs. The same was noted another way by SXGuy a few pages above, "when you add new rows, make sure they are the same format." Spreadsheets vary in their fidelities to source rows (above) or columns (left) when adding new ones or when copying formats into them. Some reliably make rows or columns with all formats of the source row or column, some reliably copy formats into those, some do both, some do neither. Not every version of Excel can read every current and prior other versions' .xls or .xlsx formats. There are versions of the Excel spreadsheets and there are also versions of the very .xls file formats. You must watch the cell formats and when necessary force them manually. An important example is found in numerical and text formats of cells which are supposed to hold ID numbers. If those formats are wrong, you have a house of cards, a database of feathers.

Permissions to use the tool must be reset. In admin System / User / User Groups choose admins and then Select All permissions in both boxes, then Save. Then go back into admin Extensions / Modules and Install and Enable the tool. (Sometimes you can get away with Install and Enable before the permissions; the idea is to do all of them before you can use the tool at all.) The permissions required are ordinarily not the chmod 755 directories and 644 files that you should have on the disc, but those should also be in order.

Guru Member

Post by DeepaGovind » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:58 am

Would it be possible to import / export from XML (url) using this tool (or anything else planned for release)?

-- Deepa Govind
Zoho Consultant

Location - Bangalore

Post by butte » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:00 pm

The .xml format is different.

Guru Member

Post by DeepaGovind » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:30 pm

@butte, true
So, do u think there is something planner for .xml format?

-- Deepa Govind
Zoho Consultant

Location - Bangalore

Post by butte » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:31 am

Only the authors who write the export/import extensions would know what's next or planned.

An additional wrinkle is to look in phpMyAdmin at the export and import formats available FOR the specific host and its specific mysql installation. Some (steadily fewer) hosts CANNOT use .xls or .csv or .xml -- and tiny nuances of .sql syntax can also make or break imports.

Guru Member

Post by nikko » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:56 pm

Managed to export file ok. Trying to import it says invalid format. Have tried saving in various formats without success.
Checked phpadmin and it says will accept ods files. so tried importing that format and got:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method PHPExcel_Reader_HTML::setReadDataOnly() in /home/costacar/public_html/store/admin/model/tool/export.php on line 1738. Is there a way to cure this?
Thanks

Location - Spain

Post by butte » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:17 am

nikko, the tool is for export/import inside admin. You apparently either went from OC Export to spread to phpMyAdmin Import, or instead went from OC Export to spread to ods (odds that were against you). Where the phpMyAdmin lists for Export and Import formats specify .xls or .xml, those can be transferred there if file innards are perfect for the purpose. There are several versions of .xls, not even versions of Excel know what to do with them. The .sql formats differ slightly between OC Backup/Restore and phpMyAdmin Export/Import, so it's essential to keep methods and files unmixed. The tool is for .xlsx Export and Import, inside OC admin. IF phpMyAdmin says it will handle .xls or .xlsx, then you can either Save or Export from Excel into .xls as well as .xlsx, and see if they will go down phpMyAdmin's throat.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:39 am

A quick reminder that our current Export/Import tool for Opencart 1.5.5.x and 1.5.6.x also supports ODS and XLS in addition to the XLSX format for the Import. OpenOffice and LibreOffice can read XLSX just fine, but prefer ODS as the file format for saving.

Guru Member