Post by Amuro » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:18 am

Import/Export has been working great until recently when I started to import more products to my website it gives me the following error:

Notice: Error: MySQL server has gone away
Error No: 2006
DELETE FROM `l_product_image` in /home/pstephen/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

I did some research and had the hosting to increase the max_allowed_packet parameters but no use. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Amuro

Post by madimar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Usually the problem is in php memory limit, try to check if you can increase it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Amuro » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks madimar for the suggestion. I'd increased it to 512M, amd mysql.connect_timeout =40; but still encounters the same issue. Any other suggestion? For some reasons, there are two php.ini files. One is located in the root and another one under admin. I updated both anyway. Issue remains.

Post by madimar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 am

Amuro, actually those 2 php.ini are not necessarily effective... Your host could have (typically) blocked its php.ini settings and you should check with them what it is possible to do. You can check your real current settings, just uploading a simple php file on your server, with following contents:

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo() ; ?>
and then call it from your browser.

For your knowledge, unless you don't have a dedicated server, no host in the world will allow you to set memory_limit to 512M... If you are lucky you can be able to obtain a 128M...

Anyway, really, for reasons above, XLS import/export is not usable for big catalogues (around 5000 products). You can check other contributions work on CSV format to overcome above limits.

regards,

M

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Amuro » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:18 am

Hi M,

Thanks for the response. I checked the phpinfo settings, the memory limit for both master and local values have been set to 512M. http://lenobe.com/phpinfo.php

I do have 4000 products. Initially I have them import without issues simply because I only put down 1 line of description of each product. However, I have been putting more detail description for each product, and the import functions stop after around a few hundred. Something like the following link - http://lenobe.com/projector-headlights/ ... clear-ccfl , and each one has lots of html tags. And I haven't even put in all descriptions for the other few thousands yet.

Do you have any recommendation for which import/export module that will overcome those issue?

Thanks again,
Amuro

Post by deeve » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:36 am

I have a similar issue:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 32243712) (tried to allocate 257 bytes) in mywebsite/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/String.php on line 559
I have approx 1000 products. Is there a way to override or not use memory limit? My webhost has set mine to only 64M! This is the function in question - row 559 is row 4 below:

public static function Substring($pValue = '', $pStart = 0, $pLength = 0)
	{
		if (self::getIsIconvEnabled()) {
			return iconv_substr($pValue, $pStart, $pLength, 'UTF-8');
		}

if (self::getIsMbstringEnabled()) {
			return mb_substr($pValue, $pStart, $pLength, 'UTF-8');
		}

// else substr
		return substr($pValue, $pStart, $pLength);
	}
Thanks!

Post by deeve » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:44 am

..interesting development; I noticed I'd omitted some data in my spreadsheet [doh!], so amended & re-attempted to upload. I then received a similar error but referring now to a different file:

Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 32505856) (tried to allocate 58 bytes) in /mywebsite/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Worksheet.php on line 961

Line 961 is:

$cell = $this->_cellCollection->addCacheData($pCoordinate,new PHPExcel_Cell($aCoordinates[0], $aCoordinates[1], null, PHPExcel_Cell_DataType::TYPE_NULL, $this));
Just wondered if anyone else may have also experienced this?

Post by deeve » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:54 pm

This is really frustrating. My excel file is only 700K & holds approx 1000 products. If I reduce it to 600 products it works. My webhost is 1&1 and the PHP memory_limit is only 80M on their shared servers!

I have another client who's site I administer. Their host's PHP limit is only 64M & their OpenCart is version 1.3.7. They have approx 2300 products in a file 1.5MB in size but it does load successfully !!

Makes me suspect this problem lies more in the difference of approach this mod has from one version to the other..

Post by justinv » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 am

The CSV Import PRO module does not suffer the same memory limits as the Free Import/Export tool. A lot of users of this tool used the Free Import/Export tool until their product range became too large.

You can test it out at http://demo.hostjars.com/admin

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN