Post by sorcaress » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 pm

There is 'Description' on all the Information modules but no text box for typing any information. How do I fix that? Do I have to add another extension? I'm using OC 1.5.1.3.

Thanks.

Location - NSW, Australia

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 pm

You are supposed to input the actual text in that description area.

Expert Member

Post by sorcaress » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:16 am

Yeah, I know. That's what I thought, but there is nowhere to type it. The red asterisk with the word Description, then the colon, then - nothing. Hit keys, nothing. No idea why.

Its the same on all of them - About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms and Conditions, and the Welcome page, etc. There is no 'textarea' box to write in. There is a textarea box for the 'Information Title' but not for the Description. Had a look at the page source and it appears to be there, but its not working. Could be something missing out of my program?

Thanks.
Last edited by sorcaress on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:22 am

do you have javascript turned off? or maybe you have some sort of mod that's messing up the javascript, because by default they use the ckeditor.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by sorcaress » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:49 am

No. Its the same on my laptop, and my daughter's. My store is still basic with only one template added so far, and it was the same before I added that.

Ok, just had a look at the three products that are on my store for testing. There is no text box for the Description on any of them. The text box is seems to be in place for all other areas, just not the Description right throughout the store. Something is missing...

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am

some of the files must not have uploaded, or they got corrupted during upload. I would reupload the admin files, other than the config.php of course.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by sorcaress » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks. Will give that a go and see what happens.

Post by sorcaress » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:21 am

Have re-uploaded admin. No change. The text box flashed and tried to appear, then disappeared. Could it be the script? Any other suggestions please? To recap, I've recently installed OC 1.5.1.3. 'Description' has not worked since the store was installed.

Post by SXGuy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:23 pm

gotta be an issue at your end, as everyone elses works fine.

Question, do you run any antivirus/spam/firewall software that is the same on all your family pc/laptops?

Perhaps something is blocking javascript.

Make sure you have the latest java runtime installed also.

Im lost as to what else it could be.

Post by sorcaress » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:13 am

It is very weird. If the Javascript wasnt working, all the other boxes wouldn't show, nor would my granddaughter's computer games work. Its only that one. We are both using Avira Premium, and don't run any extra software just what comes with the Vista system. (I know, I know - that will go when I upgrade!).

A friend who writes script is going to have a look and see if he can find anything; he might be able to fix it or patch it. If not, then maybe the actual 1.5.1.3 might have somehow become corrupt on the download, so might download it again and reinstall the whole thing (I haven't got anything in the store to worry about as yet, just learning my way around so it wont matter). Something has to be causing it. I shall keep looking as I like OC, its the easiest and most versatile I've found so far; I've been through four others before I found this one.

I just tried it again - it will flash appear, then go. Frustrating.

Post by SXGuy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:43 pm

any toolbars installed on your web browser? actually, which browser and version are you using?

If you are using IE, try Firefox and see if that fixes your issue. Generally when one fails the other works lol

My opinion though is you should just re install OC if you havent got anything worth loosing.

Post by sorcaress » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

I use Firefox, the latest version. Dont like IE and haven't used it for a few years. But, I just gave it a try. The Welcome module - the box appeared for about 3 seconds and then disappeared - that is longer than with Firefox. But it still disappeared again. That was happening on my laptop, and my daughters laptop too so don't think its a computer thing.

Yeah, I'm thinking do a completely new download and install too. No, there's nothing on there yet - deliberately, until I get it in working order.

Many thanks for all the input. If my friend cannot fix it, I'll do a new install and I'll post with the outcome when its done - hopefully that will fix the problem.

Post by sorcaress » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:07 am

More on this problem. It appears that the ckeditor is causing the problem:

He didn't managed to fix the problem, but found the problem is caused by ckeditor. Firefox's error console shows:

Error: m.lang.contextmenu is undefined
Source File: http://aurorahouse.com.au/store/admin/v ... keditor.js
Line: 48

Siim tried to find a solution, but couldn't find much from the net. Can anyone suggest anything please? Or would a clean download of OC 1.5.1.3 and clean instal fix the problem? Thanks.

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:17 pm

well yes the description fields use ckeditor, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else. I would suggest trying a clean install. Maybe some of the files got corrupted during transfer or something.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by sorcaress » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:06 pm

The problem has been fixed, I had my web host have a look for me. It appears that the issue was that the full path to the ckeditor.js file needs to be defined where it's being called from. It does seem others have had this problem, so for anyone else that it may happen to there is information in this link:

http://drupal.org/node/974736

He could not promise this fix will stay in place when the software is upgraded or modified, hopefully OpenCart switches the version of the CKEDITOR they're using or fix the paths issues in the code. :)

Thanks for all the help and information.

Post by Saudi Bee » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm

I have the same problem and using google chrome and my opencart is fresh installation. it sounds the the problem is common :( and it needs an advanced experience :(
I installed the latest version of the ckeditor, v 4 .The box APEARED and it looks more than perfect !