Post by webjoe » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:51 am

hi

someone might say or send me an example of how to build the table in "xls"
or "csv" for me to import the database

I am trying to import through phpmyadmin an xml file
if you can put the results

which causes the following error
Uploaded file is not a valid spreadsheet file or its values are not in the expected formats!

with log
2011-10-10 22:39:27 - Export/Import: Invalid number of worksheets, 7 worksheets expected
grateful

Post by bobsomebody » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:21 pm

I found your post while google searching strings from the open cart errors. Closer examination leads me to think that this is because the expected organization to the data includes everything being on 7 sheets. One for Categories, products, options, attributes, specials, discounts, and rewards.

Post by flavahdot » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:27 am

@bobsomebody I agree. I don't know what to get rid of. Could a person create a series of tables catering to each category? I don't know which ones to delete and keep, etc. I have over 800 products to upload and, I am not willing to waste a huge amount of time uploading them manually. Keep us posted.

Post by zfed » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:43 am

Hi there.

I have OC v1.5.1.3 and opencart-1-5-0-x-export-import-5.zip, vqmod-2.1.5-opencart.zip installed on my host.

Problem is that after I did product import from xls file on store DB I can see all products in store web page but I cant see them on product page on admin dashboard. I have 2 languages- eng and latvian, but eng is disabled.. only admin side is eng.

how to solve my problem,
thanks!!

Post by zfed » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:27 am

I think I found reason. IMO, something with language conflict.. or something.
I made .xls file from exported xls file that consist of few demo products with are added in default OC version.
So I made-inserted products and give 2 different names, for example AAA in Eng description field and BBB in Latvian disc. field. So, in exported file I see only name that is BBB and also it is on web page (because LV language is default and Eng is disabled) but AAA I see only in admin panel (Home->catalog) and BBB also is missing in admin panel just like AAA in exported .xls file.
any suggestions?
I have Latvian translation for admin panel, but is is disabled, I prefer Eng.. +if I try to set to LV it goes to fatal error.. and I couldn't find where to switch back to Eng.. so I reinstalled my store.

Post by zfed » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:17 pm

just tested/changed product language_id (in DB) and I can see products in admin panel - catalog -> products. BUT now all product discription and products (that was not in ENG language id) are gone.. because ENG is not enabled in store and I can see them only in ENG language page.

Post by justinv » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:11 am

The CSV, XML and Total Import PRO modules don't require such a strict format. They might be useful here.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN