Post by philh99 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 am

I purchased GMO and like it a lot.

I've found a small bug in it in that if you add an already created GMO when creating your product, it does not save that. You have to go back in and click it again.

More importantly, I have taken an order on my website, however, I cannot access the GMO options that were selected, so I have had to contact the buyer, which is not exactly professional. Equally, when you click on an item that has been added to your cart, it sends you back to the product page, but does not fill in the GMO options, so you can't ammend the order. How do I see what options were selected when the order was made and the product added ton the cart?

I was also wondering about a feature request.

I have a tshirt printing business (http://poshhenrys.com).

I have created a GMO which adds the colour, size and style (polo shirts and hoodies cost extra).
My problem is that some colours are not available in some sizes.

Also, some colours are not available in womens styles, to basically, I would like the GMO to auto filter based on this

My hierarchy would be

1. Male/Female
2. Style - Tshirt, Polo, Hoodie
3. Size
Male -S, M, L, XL
Female - 8, 10, 12, 14
4. Colour
Male - White, Black, Red, Blue
Male - White, Black, Red, Blue, Pink

Hope you understand what I mean.

Lastly, I have images assigned to each option. Could I ask what the purpose of this is? I was hoping it would update the preview on the left and show the product selected. -

Code: Select all

It does update these, but only when selecting from radio buttons
Thanks.

[editted to reflect new findings]

OpenCart v1.4.9.3
Current store: http://getyourtshirtshere.com

Post by tankueray » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:51 pm

I purchased GMO and like it a lot.
Me too!
I've found a small bug in it in that if you add an already created GMO when creating your product, it does not save that. You have to go back in and click it again.
I've noticed this a few times, but you can also put in all your products and then add the GMOs to them via the GMO "links" tab later.
More importantly, I have taken an order on my website, however, I cannot access the GMO options that were selected, so I have had to contact the buyer, which is not exactly professional. ... How do I see what options were selected when the order was made and the product added ton the cart?
I haven't gone live yet, but this concerns me.
I have a tshirt printing business (http://poshhenrys.com).
Me too, sort of. This post and your site convinced me to switch to OC with GMO!
I have created a GMO which adds the colour, size and style (polo shirts and hoodies cost extra).

Also, some colours are not available in womens styles, to basically, I would like the GMO to auto filter based on this

My hierarchy would be

1. Male/Female
2. Style - Tshirt, Polo, Hoodie
3. Size
Male -S, M, L, XL
Female - 8, 10, 12, 14
4. Colour
Male - White, Black, Red, Blue
Male - White, Black, Red, Blue, Pink

Hope you understand what I mean.
I think I do. I'm switching from UberCart which did all of these things, but it's very complicated to keep up. But from my experience with it, I created separate GMOs and added help text in parenthesis. So I have the following GMOs:
_Customization 10 [ Edit ]
Apparel Size 4XL-5XL 1 [ Edit ]
Apparel Size S-3XL 0 [ Edit ]
Apparel Sub Shirts 2 [ Edit ]
Apparel Vinyl Colors 3 [ Edit ]
Apparel Vinyl T-Shirts 2 [ Edit ]

Sorry they don't paste well, put you can see the weight(importance) of each. They're named like that so when I'm looking at the list in the new product form I can hit only the checkboxes that apply to the products in a particular category. Customization goes with nearly everything, hence the underscore to make it alphabetize at the top of the list. It has the text entry, file upload, and instructions. Sizes are pretty self explanatory - most everything I have goes up a fixed amount per larger size, and only a few things come greater than 3XL. The Sub Shirts and Vinyl Shirts GMOs have the available colors, sleeve length, and image/text size options.

Apparel Vinyl has the colors and types of the vinyl I use, number of colors wanted, and print size. So it goes like this:
What type of vinyl? (Plain, Flock, Glitter, etc.)
Then I listed all of my vinyl colors that are common to all types, then the others with parenthesis. So say black comes in all materials, but brown comes in flock and plain; so the entry for brown is "Brown (No Glitter.)
As a tshirt person, I think you'll understand it when you see it: oc.bluedogblackdog.com and look at them under the tshirts category. (Note that this isn't "live" yet, so the pricing and everything isn't finalized. I'm just testing the waters.) Additional information and directions for the customer will go in the description panes.

Since the pdf catalog and the catalog panes show the base price for the custom apparel, I'm going to add info on the related pages and home page to explain that the prices shown are before customization, and that additional charges apply when you add your options, etc. It's really only apparel and vinyl that will have that issue, my sub stuff pricing only changes with size options. I think I saw a module that will allow you to put a price range in... (thinking out loud.)

I actually do more sub work than apparel, but since it's the hardest to customize I started with those products to see if OC would work for me. Since we're (apparently) on different continents, I hope you don't mind that your site was my inspiration.

Post by tankueray » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:21 pm

More importantly, I have taken an order on my website, however, I cannot access the GMO options that were selected, so I have had to contact the buyer, which is not exactly professional. ... How do I see what options were selected when the order was made and the product added ton the cart?
I just ran through two orders and my customizations showed up in the admin panel and the email sent to me. It may be that you have to organize your options differently.
Lastly, I have images assigned to each option. Could I ask what the purpose of this is? I was hoping it would update the preview on the left and show the product selected.
It's working for me with the drop-down as well. I removed the pics though because they weren't high enough resolution. I may put them back later.

I've noticed that some of those scripts just load slower in OC. Sometimes the picture change takes so long that I think it just times out. I also noticed it in the admin panel where the WYSIWYG editor is not showing up all the time. I've been developing for nearly 10 years now; if this is the worst that happens, I'm willing to sacrifice it for the ease of use. (But if any OC admins are listening, I'd like the option to not use WYSIWYG - Like in Drupal or Plone where you can switch or disable them. I'm old school/crazy.)

Post by traceofwind » Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 pm

philh99 wrote:Lastly, I have images assigned to each option. Could I ask what the purpose of this is? I was hoping it would update the preview on the left and show the product selected. - It does update these, but only when selecting from radio buttons
Aaron has made a post about this topic -GMO not updating images from drop down menus. His findings were that GMO image changes failed to work in Google Chrome, IE8 and IE7 but did work when viewed in Firefox and IE9. You should probably try to collaborate with his efforts here:
Global Mega Options Image help

Incidentally he may be interested to learn that perhaps a 'fix' for this is to use radio buttons -as you say -radio buttons do at least give you an option.
The file admin/view/template/sale/order_form.tpl is responsible for displaying the order details and should have a few lines of code like:

<a href="<?php echo $product['href']; ?>"><?php echo $product['name']; ?></a>
<?php foreach ($product['option'] as $option) { ?>
   <br />
   &nbsp;<small> - <?php echo $option['name']; ?> <?php echo $option['value']; ?></small>
<?php } ?>
Personally, I modified that code heavily to better display my product options (or, attributes as they are referred to in relation to GMO). My attributes are now listed respectively of their attribute type, more like + 1 x attribute value -rather by default, the code above should list your attributes as: Attribute name - attribute value. If not, check that the above code is present in order_confirm.tpl.

Best of luck, keep us posted

Gary

Post by aaron1988 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 pm

It works with the radio buttons due to the onclick works for radio buttons but for an option value onClick doesnt work for it so needs to use the .click() or .change() function which i havent worked out yet

Regards,
Aaron

Post by aaron1988 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 am

Also i noticed something else does anyone have any issues with it not adding the option prices when adding things to the cart on GMO 1.4.9.4? as i am using a custom theme but did exactly same as i ddi for 1.4.9.3 but doesnt seem to be working :(

Regards,
Aaron

Post by platypuspuzzles » Sun May 29, 2011 11:05 pm

aaron1988 wrote:Also i noticed something else does anyone have any issues with it not adding the option prices when adding things to the cart on GMO 1.4.9.4? as i am using a custom theme but did exactly same as i ddi for 1.4.9.3 but doesnt seem to be working :(

Regards,
Aaron
I am having this exact same problem! 'select field' and 'radio options' are no longer working [adding details and selected price to shopping cart] since upgrading to the 1.4.9.4 version.

Any answers or 'fixes' would be greatly appreciated!

Post by platypuspuzzles » Sun May 29, 2011 11:24 pm

OK, It seems to be a bug that was introduced at GMO version 1.4.9.3.2.

What I've done is revert back/reinstalled GMO version 1.4.9.3.1 and it's fixed the issue.

I've also let alreadymade.com know about it.

Post by aaron1988 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:06 am

Hmm ok i will try this

Regards,
Aaron

Post by aaron1988 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:10 am

So your select fields work on IE7 and IE8 and google Chrome when you have an image and it needs to change

Post by aaron1988 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:17 am

as the code looks exactly the same for version 1.4.9.3 on the product.tpl file

Post by platypuspuzzles » Mon May 30, 2011 12:51 am

sorry, i was only referring to the section I quoted.

I don't have images attached to my options. make sure you have version 1.4.9.3.1 as there is also version 1.4.9.3.2, which is the same as 1.4.9.4

It's worth downloading 1.4.9.3.1 (check the instructions file to make sure you have this version) to see if the bug relates to the images as well

Post by aaron1988 » Mon May 30, 2011 4:22 am

I will check this thanks, i look in the file product.tpl and it is the same thing so will wait till i get reply from author

Post by platypuspuzzles » Tue May 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Hey Aaron, when getting the line 79 details for you (for my post on here), I found the following differences in each version of the product.tpl

1.4.9.3.1 (the last known working version of GMO [no bugs other than the line 79, which is actually the line below])

<select name="option[<?php echo $aoption['option_id']; ?>]" id="option[<?php echo $aoption['option_id']; ?>]" <?php echo $aoption['option_value'][0]['extras']['reqd'] == "1" ? 'validate="required:true"' : ''; ?>>

1.4.9.3.2 (does not work for radio options and select field)

<select name="option[<?php echo $aoption['option_id']; ?>][]" id="option[<?php echo $aoption['option_id']; ?>]"<?php echo $aoption['option_value'][0]['extra']['reqd'] == '1' ? ' validate="required:true"' : ''; ?><?php echo isset($aoption['option_value'][0]['extra']['allowmultiple']) && $aoption['option_value'][0]['extra']['allowmultiple'] == '1' ? ' multiple="multiple"' : ''; ?><?php echo isset($aoption['option_value'][0]['extra']['list_height']) ? ' size="'.$aoption['option_value'][0]['extra']['list_height'].'"' : ''; ?>>

At a quick glance, there are more details that look different between these 2 versions.

The reason you're not seeing any difference between the 2 files, I believe is down to 1.4.9.3.1 is not available in the download list on alreadymade. The zip file name that I have that works is GMO_1493BETA.zip NOT GMP_1493BETA_2.zip

If you send me a pm, I can forward you the working product.tpl file I have

Post by ConceptUK » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi,

I am having the same issue as Philh99, specifically:

'More importantly, I have taken an order on my website, however, I cannot access the GMO options that were selected, so I have had to contact the buyer, which is not exactly professional. ... How do I see what options were selected when the order was made and the product added ton the cart?'

I am running Opencart 1.4.9.4 with GMO (The one they are selling at the moment).

The options that a buyer chooses do not show up in the 'Orders' section of the Admin. I have looked into the code to see why this might happen, but I really am confused as to why it does not come as part of the mod.

I did a test the other day, I purchased a product with normal opencart options (non GMO method) and the options did indeed show up on the Orders page. But a product that has GMO options on it does not.

Any light shed on this is greatly appreciated. I am relatively knowledgeable with editing the code.

Kind regards,
Neil

Post by ConceptUK » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 pm

I think I have found a solution:

In Catalog -> model -> checkout -> order.php

After line 81 I inserted:

//ADDED 20 06 2011 - To Make sure global mega options get recorded
foreach ($product['aoption'] as $aoption) {
    $this->db->query("INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "order_option SET order_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "', order_product_id = '" . (int)$order_product_id . "', product_option_value_id = '" . (int)$aoption['product_option_value_id'] . "', name = '" . $this->db->escape($aoption['name']) . "', `value` = '" . $this->db->escape($aoption['value']) . "', price = '" . (float)$product['price'] . "', prefix = '" . $this->db->escape($aoption['prefix']) . "'");
}
I ran a test order through my system, and the GMO option does show up on the orders page now.

If I find any other problems, I will post back here.

Post by readyman » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:36 am

hi guys, sorry I hadn't noticed this sooner...

This code should already be in the release version in the order.php file, so if it's not working in your version, or you've overwritten your order.php file with another mod, then you'll need to add it back in. Check your original GMO files with your current catalog/model/checkout/order.php file in winmerge to see if you can see this in the create function.

Note: If you can't see the options being added to the cart at all, then you probably have a javascript issue. I suspect you are using a custom theme that has it's own add to cart functions, and you'll need to have it updated to use the GMO code that supports all options and not just single select options.

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by Zedax161 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:42 am

Id also like to do this, anyone have any idea how? i currently have a seperate product for each size.