Post by ThePath » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Wow thanks J thats great Im going to download now and test.

Much appreciated.

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by ThePath » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Excellent all seems to function so I now have in my "Taxable Goods" tax class:

UK VAT Zone
USA
Euro Shipping

To clarify when the user goes to the first page of Google Checkout it applies VAT, and in small print it says VAT and shipping will be calculated on the next page. Can I assume that on the next page if it turns out the user is from the Channel Islands or another country not included in my 3 zones above that the VAT is removed?

Thanks for the mod updates! :)

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:33 pm

ThePath wrote:Excellent all seems to function so I now have in my "Taxable Goods" tax class:

UK VAT Zone
USA
Euro Shipping

To clarify when the user goes to the first page of Google Checkout it applies VAT, and in small print it says VAT and shipping will be calculated on the next page. Can I assume that on the next page if it turns out the user is from the Channel Islands or another country not included in my 3 zones above that the VAT is removed?

Thanks for the mod updates! :)
yes, if the user is from a country outside the ones specified in your geo-zones, Google will remove the VAT after the user has logged into Google.

BTW.: You should only need 'UK VAT Zone' and 'Euro Shipping' as your geo-zones with the VAT, users from other countries such as USA don't get VAT charged.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Location - Scotland

Post by hellogoodbye » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:07 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
hellogoodbye wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote: Are you a US or UK merchant? Need more details in order to reproduce your error, if any.
US merchant. I only put the % rate for one state and it adds the same tax rate to all other states too.
Now fixed for 1.5.1.x, please download and install again from here.
I get a blank page at /index.php?route=checkout/gcheckout/process...i have seo urls
Can I just overwrite the old files? or gotta delete everything?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:53 pm

hellogoodbye wrote: I get a blank page at /index.php?route=checkout/gcheckout/process...i have seo urls
Can I just overwrite the old files? or gotta delete everything?
What's your website URL? There should be some error messages somewhere, e.g. in the system/logs/error.txt or your server's error_log.

And yes, you can simply overwrite the old Google Checkout files with the new ones.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster

Expert Member

Post by hellogoodbye » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:40 am

2011-09-07 3:34:33 - PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /public_html/oc/system/library/cart.php on line 275
2011-09-07 3:34:33 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/oc/index.php:104) in /public_html/oc/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 28
2011-09-07 3:34:33 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/oc/index.php:104) in /public_html/oc/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
2011-09-07 3:40:46 - PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /public_html/oc/system/library/cart.php on line 275

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:50 am

hellogoodbye wrote:2011-09-07 3:34:33 - PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /public_html/oc/system/library/cart.php on line 275
2011-09-07 3:34:33 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/oc/index.php:104) in /public_html/oc/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 28
2011-09-07 3:34:33 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/oc/index.php:104) in /public_html/oc/vqmod/vqcache/vq-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
2011-09-07 3:40:46 - PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /public_html/oc/system/library/cart.php on line 275
I am unable to reproduce your error. Send me a PM with your FTP and Opencart admin login details so that I can see it.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:13 am

hellogoodbye wrote:2011-09-07 3:34:33 - PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /public_html/oc/system/library/cart.php on line 275
OK, I have now fixed it. For US merchants using this module please download again and upload the files.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by hellogoodbye » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:54 am

Tax still gets added for the other US states when it is only set for one state

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:47 pm

I'll look at it again, it is working on my test server, will sort it out.

P.S.: OK, it's now fixed. I also tested your merchant calculated shipping for the 'Flat Rate', it always came back with $0.00 instead of the expected $5.00, I assume that's because you don't have a secure SSL installed on your server, you will probably see a corresponding error message on your Google's Integration Console. Your 'Standard Shipping' method which you configured in your Google account works fine though. I noticed one interesting thing here: The Opencart Google Checkout module used to pass on shipping tax rules regardless of whether merchant calculations was enabled or not, I corrected that one, too. Now, if you use Google defined shipping methods, e.g. your 'Standard Shipping', it will never apply any tax rules for it, not even for CA buyers. I think this is how Google intends it to be.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by hellogoodbye » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks for the fix!
Yea, when 'Merchant Calculated Shipping:' set to Yes the shipping is 0.00. I will see if it works ok with ssl.
I set 'Merchant Calculated Shipping:' to No and tested it with Google setup settings and the shipping and tax rules are both applied correctly! :) Maybe this fixed the tax issue?
JNeuhoff wrote:I noticed one interesting thing here: The Opencart Google Checkout module used to pass on shipping tax rules regardless of whether merchant calculations was enabled or not, I corrected that one, too.

Post by habassa5 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:34 pm

Google Checkout Pink Swirl icon.JPG

Google Checkout Pink Swirl icon.JPG (46.61 KiB) Viewed 1839 times

Sometimes, instead of the normal Google Checkout button, users see an alternate Google Checkout image with icons for Mastercard and Visa and some strange Pink Swirl icon. (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE) When you click it, it displays a pop-up window with a bit of information about Google Checkout. I think this usually (but not always) happens when I'm at the View Cart page and there are no products in the cart.

What is this? Can I at least change the image to show all my accepted payment methods (Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover)? Some customers have been confused because they thought I do not accept Amex.

Running OC v1.5.1.2. Site is http://www.SilkPlantsGalore.com

Thanks so much for your help and for writing the free module :)

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:06 am

habassa5 wrote:
The attachment Google Checkout Pink Swirl icon.JPG is no longer available
Sometimes, instead of the normal Google Checkout button, users see an alternate Google Checkout image with icons for Mastercard and Visa and some strange Pink Swirl icon. (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE) When you click it, it displays a pop-up window with a bit of information about Google Checkout. I think this usually (but not always) happens when I'm at the View Cart page and there are no products in the cart.

What is this? Can I at least change the image to show all my accepted payment methods (Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover)? Some customers have been confused because they thought I do not accept Amex.

Running OC v1.5.1.2. Site is http://www.SilkPlantsGalore.com

Thanks so much for your help and for writing the free module :)
The image is Google's acceptance logo and is taken from the Google site:

https://checkout.google.com/seller/acce ... -en_GB.gif

There is also a newer version of it which looks like this:
logo-0-f-en_gb.png

Google acceptance logo - logo-0-f-en_gb.png (2.25 KiB) Viewed 1835 times

But that one has to be linked to a Google page which shows all the customer ratings and comments. Also, this logo is a bit too large to fit into the left or right column of a standard Opencart template.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by Sheepish » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:50 am

My Google checkout worked fine when I started using it to sell products last September but I've had 2 customers in the last week who have rung to say they haven't been able to insert their delivery address due to a drop down panel being in the way. Does anybody have any suggestions? I've tried to contact Google checkout - but how does one do that? I feel like I'm going to have to swop carts which I'm loathe to do!

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:03 am

Sheepish wrote:My Google checkout worked fine when I started using it to sell products last September but I've had 2 customers in the last week who have rung to say they haven't been able to insert their delivery address due to a drop down panel being in the way. Does anybody have any suggestions? I've tried to contact Google checkout - but how does one do that? I feel like I'm going to have to swop carts which I'm loathe to do!
Unable to reproduce your error, not a bug. Need the URL of your website to see if this issue still exists.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member