Post by pac_indahood » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Hello,

How can i make discount on manufacturer by customer group. I searched in extension but i didn't have nothing like this.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:08 pm

You need to give a clearer description of what it would do.

There is already the ability to discount products by customer group.

So are you saying that all products from a certain manufacturer would be reduced by x% for a certain customer groups and this percentage would be different for different customer groups?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount can do this for manufacturers. You can set up a discount for a particular manufacturer (by using a "Manufacturer" rule on the charge) and any products that are assigned that manufacturer will be part of the discount.

Keep in mind this is an Order Total extension. Order Totals do not affect the price shown in the cart -- only "Special" prices can do that. Order Totals are automatically activated when the criteria are met, and show up as a line item on the order. If you want to inform the customer of the possible fee or discount, you'd need to get something like Display Specials With Discounts. That allows Special prices to factor in Order Totals when displayed, so the customer is aware they'd be getting a discount if they added that product to the cart.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by pac_indahood » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:09 pm

@paulfeakins

Yes, all products from a certain manufacturer would be reduced by x% for a certain customer groups and this percentage would be different for different customer groups.

@Johnathan

Thank you, i already checked your demo, but it seems to complicated with all of that options...

Post by pac_indahood » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:11 pm

On login on (customer group) i want ti show prices reduced, more like a b2b

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:05 pm

It may seem complicated, but the setup is pretty straightforward. For example, to set up a 10% discount per manufacturer for a Default customer group, and a 20% discount for a Reseller customer group, you'd create two charges like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: Default Customer Group Discount
Group: A
Charge Type: Total
Charge Field: -10%
Rule: Manufacturer is Manufacturer A
Rule: Customer Group is Default

CHARGE #2
Title: Reseller Customer Group Discount
Group: B
Charge Type: Total
Charge Field: -20%
Rule: Manufacturer is Manufacturer A
Rule: Customer Group is Reseller
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can ignore the Charge Combinations, Rule Sets, and Testing Mode tabs for your situation, since you don't need any of those features.

If you have any further questions about setting it up or want to discuss the setup further, feel free to contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Administrator

Post by pac_indahood » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Thank you very much for example. One more question, after login the price will be showed -20% or will be in total in last step in checkout?

Thank you again

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:04 am

As I mentioned before, Order Total extensions will not affect the price displayed in the cart. Only Special prices can do that. Order Totals will show their discount once the items are added to the cart, if the criteria are met.

If you want Order Total extensions like mine to affect the Special price, then you can use Display Specials With Discounts to do that. If you don't want to go that route, you'd need to inform the customer of the discount in another way, such as within the product description, or by using an HTML module.

Administrator