Post by jasonk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am

I am good and modifying php/css/html but get lost with any that starts with "J". I have tried myself to accomplish the items below but have not been able to get it right and I have poured over the JCAROUSEL code without any luck. Can you please help me with any coding suggestions to do the following? Thanks!

1. When the mouse hovers over the 75x75 carousel icon and changes the large image, I want to wrap a 1px boarder around the 75 x 75 icon but I can not find where the <a> tag is located or the a:hover in the css. I can wrap a boarder around each of the 75x75 icons but I only want a boarder when the mouse hovers over a single icon. Where is the code that controls the hover action of the 75x75 icon?

2. I need to change the 75x75 icon size to something smaller but after looking over the code and the css it look to me that there is more involved to changing the icon size than changing the css entry and the image size in the Admin section. Is that correct or do I need to make changes in the code?

3. Under 1.4.8, when you activate the ThickBox there are Next and Previous links at the bottom but when I install JCAROUSEL it removes this feature. Where in 1.4.8 can I find the code so I can add back into the JCAROUSEL code?

4. I want to use JCAROUSEL for the related products section as well as the product images. To me it would seem that all I really need to do is change the variables to pull the related product images from the DB (assuming this is right) I would also need to copy the JCAROUSEL code into a different directory and modify the include to point to the new directory. Will this work and if so what varaibles do I need to change and what do I need to change them to?

5. I don't know if this is a JCAROUSEL issue or ThickBox. When ThickBox is opened I want the other available images to vertically on the side of the large image so that you can click on the small image to view the next image rather than closing the ThickBox and selecting the next box or using the Next/Previous links at the bottom. I see this function all the time. Is this total foklift coding job or can I somewhat modify JCAROUSEL to do this?

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:30 pm

1. Get firefox with the firebug addon to be able to rightclick on page elements and see "inspect element" to see all the css and html that makes up an element at runtime. The links are in the jcarousel.oc.product.inc file that comes with the mod.

2. There is css in the jCarousel area that needs to be changed for that but there are many places..
You have to resize the individual squares and resize the container around the squares and reposition the prev/next arrows. You would have to play around with it to get it just right. Go through each setting the css and make small changes to see what each thing controls. The one I use is under skins/tango/skin.css

3. This is true, I didn't fix the thickbox next/prev thing until 1.4.7 but didn't update the rel tag to the jcarousel mod. You can find it in that same inc file above, and change:
a class="thickbox"
to:
a class="thickbox" rel="group"

4. That's a completely different job to handle add to cart and pricing stuff.

5. I don't know if thickbox supports that.

Administrator

Post by PetracheNicolae » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 pm

hello. any plans to update it to oc 1.5.1.1? i have right now highslide installed. thanks