Post by jefrey1983 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:07 am

When i open the xls in excel 2007 i get an error Excel found unreadable content in back**********.xls. do you want to recover when i press YES

i get this message excel recovered but some data are lost
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/sprea ... /2006/main">
<logFileName>error033760_01.xml</logFileName>
<summary>Errors were detected in file 'D:\backup_categories_products(4).xls'</summary>
- <additionalInfo>
<info>Excel recovered your formulas and cell values, but some data may have been lost.</info>
</additionalInfo>
</recoveryLog>

Post by pvtsales » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Maybe a format error. Please post your file to check.
Version of opencart?

Expert Member

Post by rincerofwinds » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:22 am

Hi, I have the same problem as this. It all imports fine (doesnt seem to matter how many products), but when I come to export, the file become corrupt if there are more than 2859 products. As soon as it hits 2860 the file corrupts for some reason. That is using excel 2007 (which I have to use at work)

I've tried it at home with OpenOffice Calc and it seems to work fine, but are there any suggestions on how to get it to work with excel 2007?

Thanks
Ian

Post by strut » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:26 pm

I had the same problem although I only had 700 odd products. Open up the Excel file and check where the data first seems to be corrupted/has disappeared. For me it was line 170 > description. I went to that product using opencart administration > catalog > products and deleted the source code for the description and made it cleaner and after that I exported the file and everything was back to normal, worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:47 pm

To rincerofwinds and strusts:

I hope you are not using MS Word to generate an original HTML product description. MS Word generates extremely dirty HTML and is not suitable for such a task.

If you come across a product whose description corrupts the XLS file, let me know and send me the XLS file so I can tale a look at it. It might be an character encoding issue. Also, is your XLS file which wasn't readable to Excel 2007, readable in a earlier version of MS Excel? It wouldn't be the first time that MS Excel is not backward compatible with itself.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by nedved31 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 am

jefrey1983 wrote:When i open the xls in excel 2007 i get an error Excel found unreadable content in back**********.xls. do you want to recover when i press YES

i get this message excel recovered but some data are lost
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/sprea ... /2006/main">
<logFileName>error033760_01.xml</logFileName>
<summary>Errors were detected in file 'D:\backup_categories_products(4).xls'</summary>
- <additionalInfo>
<info>Excel recovered your formulas and cell values, but some data may have been lost.</info>
</additionalInfo>
</recoveryLog>
For working out present situation is ideally suitable xlsx repair. The software has all required opportunities such as restoring excel files after power failures, viruses. It can work with files from any version of MS Excel.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:28 pm

nedved31 wrote: For working out present situation is ideally suitable xlsx repair. The software has all required opportunities such as restoring excel files after power failures, viruses. It can work with files from any version of MS Excel.
Or you could use OpenOffice and forget about buggy Microsoft software :)

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member