Post by kaoolo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi guys, I have been having a funny issue with my layouts. I just can’t put my finger on what I am missing.

I have created a layout called “Car wash”. In the”Default” Store, I have create a route “products/Car Wash”. I want the layout to appear on a certain product category along with all its products.

To understand the issue, please follow the steps listed bellow

First

1-Go to my home page (http://www.Kaoolo.com) and scroll down to “Car Wash & Dealers' Stickers” then click on “View All”
2- Notice the Layout of the left.
3- Click on any of the 7 products. The layout is still there.
4- Now scroll down to the “Related Products” section and click on any product: The layout disappears

Secondly

1-Go to my home page and scroll down to “Car Wash & Dealers' Stickers” and click on any product: The layout does not show up

Your thoughts?

www.kaoolo.com

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:53 pm

If you would ask me, to just give you a very simple advise, I would advise you, to start from scratch. This must be one of the weirdest shops, I've ever seen. It's of no use to even try, to assist, this thing is never going to do it's Job, this way.

Sorry, just my 2 cents...

Ernie

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: sort_order in /home2/zooexit/public_html/kaoolo.com/system/journal2/classes/journal2_page.php on line 214Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/zooexit/public_html/kaoolo.com/index.php:106) in /home2/zooexit/public_html/kaoolo.com/catalog/controller/journal2/product_tabs.php on line 28Notice: Error: Unknown column 'pov.customer_group_id' in 'where clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT * FROM oc_product_option_value pov LEFT JOIN oc_option_value ov ON (pov.option_value_id = ov.option_value_id) LEFT JOIN oc_option_value_description ovd ON (ov.option_value_id = ovd.option_value_id) WHERE pov.product_id = '450' AND pov.customer_group_id = '4' AND pov.product_option_id = '636' AND ovd.language_id = '1' ORDER BY ov.sort_order in /home2/zooexit/public_html/kaoolo.com/system/database/mysql.php on line 50

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by labeshops » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:00 pm

The route should just be products/ remove the Car Wash part (and never use spaces in names either fyi). (and actually if you want to use it on a category page, you should use product/category as the route)

Then on the category you want to use it for, set that layout as your layout override on the tab for the category.

Then assign whatever modules you want to that layout and it should ONLY appear on that layout.

If you set it only to the category and not the product page, I think it will work the way you want. Haven't played with product and category layouts all that much.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by kaoolo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:04 pm

IP_CAM wrote:If you would ask me, to just give you a very simple advise, I would advise you, to start from scratch. This must be one of the weirdest shops, I've ever seen. It's of no use to even try, to assist, this thing is never going to do it's Job, this way.

Sorry, just my 2 cents...

Ernie

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: sort_order in /home2/zooexit/public_html/kaoolo.com/system/journal2/classes/journal2_page.php on line 214Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/zooexit/public_html/kaoolo.com/index.php:106) in /home2/zooexit/public_html/kaoolo.com/catalog/controller/journal2/product_tabs.php on line 28Notice: Error: Unknown column 'pov.customer_group_id' in 'where clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT * FROM oc_product_option_value pov LEFT JOIN oc_option_value ov ON (pov.option_value_id = ov.option_value_id) LEFT JOIN oc_option_value_description ovd ON (ov.option_value_id = ovd.option_value_id) WHERE pov.product_id = '450' AND pov.customer_group_id = '4' AND pov.product_option_id = '636' AND ovd.language_id = '1' ORDER BY ov.sort_order in /home2/zooexit/public_html/kaoolo.com/system/database/mysql.php on line 50
This error message was caused by a malfunction extension. It is not there any more. You just got to site at that wrong time. Now, please go back to the site and see the real problem.

Thanks

www.kaoolo.com

Post by labeshops » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:09 am

I never saw the error. My post was about fixing the "problem".

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:08 am

Obviously, it already took a lengthy time to load, and the first click to accept the EVER REPEATING HTTPS Security Break Information, and the second link already produced a broken Site. Since I do not just ACCEPT every such BAD BREAK OF SECURITY Attempt, from somwewhere unknown, such stuff makes me mad, and very sniffy, as well. It's used, not only by Chinese, for long already...
---
I would still recommend to check this link. By use of 27 JS-Helpers with combined loading ~47 tasks, plus 21 css-Files, you'll get such results. Bad impression, to wait, just to see....
css: 19.90% / Script: 16.23%
http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/SrOEv/h ... aoolo.com/
---
Visiting your site Homepage, uncached, for the first time, one can get confronted with shacky View, even Freezes, when moving Cursors, (Seamonkey) until the whole setup is fully loaded. All this combined with with such a lot of images, claimed to be used, according PingDom, I just hope, you accept my appologies, I meant it, as it presented itself, on my Screen... filled with negative impressions.

So, take it easy, it's your free choice. And from here, just good Will :D

Ernie
bigmax.ch

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by kaoolo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:40 am

Thank you IP_CAM for your time. My initial post was not about a general review of my site, but just for a specific issue (layout not displaying). Please help your focus. I am well aware that the site still needs a lot of work, and I am ready for it, but this must be done in order, one problem at the time.

Nevertheless, I would love to consider your opinion and/or suggestions in the condition that you provide me with some Coding credentials that place your skills above the Journal Theme team's.

Regards,

www.kaoolo.com

Post by kaoolo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Problem solved.

www.kaoolo.com